New Trades Thread

^^Picked up his book several times.Couldnt understand it.He had issues and was suffering from depression i believe.i am very cynical about these self help gurus.when you dig into their personall lives they aint good

not to insult anyone..but when i see the 3 letter word..i automatically think..oh no..not another one..as my readings on history and philosophy..have shown me that..it is all about power and control by the minority..and the majority will always be screwed every which way they can..as have been shown throughout history..and is still evident in today's world..

we digress slightly..but like trading..most people will not accept the facts..mostly because they have not taken the time to acquire the relevant information that will allow them to distinguish between fact and fiction

interesting stuff indeed..when you look into it!

I like to get into peoples minds on this site but a lot wont open up.Im pleased you did lol-i was fairly subtle dont you think.its good to talk-i talk too much-bed time now

I like to get into peoples minds on this site but a lot wont open up.Im pleased you did lol-i was fairly subtle dont you think.its good to talk-i talk too much-bed time now

i have found that fooling yourself..or thinking you are someone you are not..only costs you money..so best to be honest and speak your mind

after all..the whole purpose of the game is to make some good money..and by the best means possible..meaning..the lowest financial risk and less impact on your life

as far as i am concerned..it is common sense..however..we all go thru a bad patch one time or another..and if we do nothing about it..then we stay as we are

if we keep doing the same thing..we will keep getting the same results

let's say a trader knows what to do..but..for whatever reasons..he is unable to do it

now..let's say instead of sitting back and accepting he can not do it..he decides to look at automating the bulk of the trading decision process..thus removing most of the "doing"

instead of having to spend hours on the decision process..he now only has to spend 15 minutes before the open..then trade..finished at 10.00..done for the day..no more than 1 hour per day

in this instance..hours of work..is replaced by maths..thus resulting in the trader being able to do what he wants to do

is this instance..has maths not resolved the traders problems..whatever they may be..as no matter what they are..they are affecting "the head"

A good trader needs to trade effortless, his thinking and creativity needs to be applied only outside the market in his planning/objectives/vision.

When he/she trades he brings his observing self forward, his thinking self sit behind and has not any influence on the trader's action, the trader is aware of the emotional/thinking side but does not struggle with it, he is focus on his objectives/vision.

Pain as you fairly indicated in your previous post will arise, so what? Let it dance, it will not have a negative effect on you if you are aware of his essence.

Pain will have an effect on you only when is not accepted, there you enter a vicious circle which brings more thinking self and less of your essence.

Dark's advice has merit in regards of the author mentioned because learning to stay in the present and view your thinking self only for what they truly are helps you maintain that concentration which is vital to elevate your game further.

Of course a trader also need to acquire skills in regard to market and his nature.
Is the market ranging? Best is to fade the new extreme.
Is the market trending? Best is to enter with pullbacks.
Is the market trending but a major trend line has been broken and prices are revisiting the recent high/low? Best is to look to fade around that new extreme.
Is the market doing nothing? Go fishing.

Last edited:
A good trader needs to trade effortless, his thinking and creativity needs to be applied only outside the market in his planning/objectives/vision.

When he/she trades he brings his observing self forward, his thinking self sit behind has not any influence on the trader action, the traders is aware of the emotional/thinking side but does not struggle with it, he is focus on his objectives/vision.

Pain as you fairly indicated in you previous post will arise, so what? Let it does, but it will not have a negative effect on you if you are aware of his essence.

Pain will have an effect on you when is not accepted, you enter a vicious circle....

Dark's advice has merit in regards of the writer mentioned because learning to stay in the present and view your thinking self for what they really are helps you to maintain that concentration which is vital to elevate your game.

Of course a trader also need to acquire skills in regard to market.
Is the market ranging? Best is to fade the new extreme.
Is the market trending? Best is to enter with pullbacks.
Is the market trending but a major trend line has been broke and prices are revisiting the recent high/low? Best is to look to fade that around new extreme....
Is the market doing nothing? Go fishing.

yes..of course..the only person that can solve your problems..is..yourself..i am not being smart..but i do not put much faith in others..for..having gone thru ups and downs..i know what can..and will..happen..

maybe meditation will help..maybe praying will help..but..one thing is for sure..if you do not do anything you will get nowhere..i truly believe many talk about trading..but do not actually do it..it is like the 10% fella said..you do not have to be able to trade to show people how to do it..well..i can tell you one thing..what ever 60 people gave him money to trade..need to be very careful..as they might be in for one big surprise one of these days

anyway..back to what matters..trading..i have been doing a bit of cleaning out..and have come across an old trade decision sheet i done for forex back in 2006..jeez..nearly 10 years ago :-0..and if anyone wants a copy they can have it

if i remember correctly..i don't think i ever used it..as i never really got into forex..but it can be used for any market..it is based on candlestick patterns..and can be handy as a quick reference guide..as sometimes the simple things work best..i might even give it a shot myself to see if it is of any value:)

as we say in paddy land..time for the leaba..pronounced..labaa:D

Attachments

• Screen Shot 01-09-16 at 09.27 PM.PNG
    Screen Shot 01-09-16 at 09.27 PM.PNG
    52.7 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:
It is beginning to look like we are going nowhere fast. I am certain we can exchange ideas with getting into an argument.

When we digress too much, we start arguing.

@Fugazsy
Your posts look like you value sprituality and psychology more than empiricism or mathematics. This is fine, but not everyone will agree. I respectfully disagree. Psychology has some merit insofar as the science.

Pare che apprezzi la spiritualità e psicologia più che la matematica e il empirismo. Va bene. Ciascuno la pensa come crede. Rispettosamente, non sono d'accordo con te. La psicologia ha qualche valore in quanto le scienze.

It is beginning to look like we are going nowhere fast. I am certain we can exchange ideas with getting into an argument.

When we digress too much, we start arguing.

@Fugazsy
Your posts look like you value sprituality and psychology more than empiricism or mathematics. This is fine, but not everyone will agree. I respectfully disagree. Psychology has some merit insofar as the science.

Pare che apprezzi la spiritualità e psicologia più che la matematica e il empirismo. Va bene. Ciascuno la pensa come crede. Rispettosamente, non sono d'accordo con te. La psicologia ha qualche valore in quanto le scienze.

HH

I do not think so, in my last post a clearly indicated the necessity to create a proper mindset and the appropriate skills in terms of technicality.

Said that I do not make posts because I want people to agree, there is nothing to agree about, we are all individuals with different perceptions and experiences.

I make posts for the sake of sharing, if somebody can pick up something useful for themselves the better.

Time to move on.

Fugzs.

Last edited:
again..you either fail..or are not willing..to accept the facts

leaving analogies..definitions..and all else aside for now..let us look at some facts

i bought 100 xiz a few days ago..the price went up.i was showing a profit of roughly $90..i did not realize my unrealized gain..next..the price went down..i am showing a loss of roughly $350..i did not realize my unrealized loss

what happens next will obviously affect my trade value..last night i added another 100 shares

my reasons are a different discussion..the facts are the facts..no matter what anyone may think or say

Exactly the facts are the facts no matter what you think , and its a fact that an unrealized loss is a loss , its the industry standard , you didnt answer my questions again BTW ...

the discussion in relation to unrealized versus realized is not the most important thing we should be discussing..there are far more important things that have a huge impact on ones results

How a trader is expected to do well in this business if he/she cant accept losses ? Not only that but also lives in a denial that a loss is not a loss until its closed !

Its impossible to perform well in trading if we cant accept losses , thats the biggest mistake traders fall into , if they make some money they will keep bragging about it but when they lose they sign out and disappear .

Buy and hold is not an issue in itself , the issue is when a trader buys C at $400 - pullback - and keeps holding it until $40 just based on the delusion that a loss is not a loss until you sell/close . :(

Attachments

• c.jpg
    c.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 118
So instead of getting involved in a prolonged philosophical discussion about genes and the frontal lobe and the early upbringing the first step is to accept a simple concept : losses are part of this business and they cant be avoided let alone being renamed !

Last edited:
So instead of getting involved in a prolonged philosophical discussion about genes and the frontal lobe and the early upbringing the first step is to accept a simple concept : losses are part of this business and they cant be avoided let alone being renamed !
I dont know if it was automatically build inside of my being but if any position turned against me i would want to get out of it asap.i would cut and move on.in the beginning when trading small i did hold onto losses hoping they would come back.they didnt and got worse-this had an effect on my mental state as a trader.in the end i just cut the loss dead.yes some would have come back but the majority would have got worse.its up to the trader but i cant hold losses.i think i broke all of the sensible rules.caught falling knives,averaged down against the trend-bad position size etc.

Last edited:
the main problem with forums like this..is people do not bother to read what is written..they take a glance..then shoot from the hip

of course taking a loss is very important..but what is also very important is how you trade..for..if you just keep taking losses you wont last long

when daytrading..i take a loss very quickly..and a profit not as quick..but u always take both..no exceptions

when i cant daytrade..as stated..and showed..with live trades..i use options..which sometimes i take a partial loss..and others i let expire worthless..sometimes profit early..sometimes a bit later..

if trading small size shares..as in 100..i can use a very wide stop..for reasons again mentioned

no one ever said you do not take a loss..but as mentioned..if people fail to read what is written..or just want to create hassle..then that is what happens..they will keep repeating the same old stuff..over and over..acting like spolied little children who cant get their own way

^^Picked up his book several times.Couldnt understand it.He had issues and was suffering from depression i believe.i am very cynical about these self help gurus.when you dig into their personall lives they aint good

I can relate to that IP, was the same for me the first time i read it. It wasnt till after id explored some CBT a few years later, and revisited E Tolle that i had any benefit. I was more open to it I guess.

not to insult anyone..but when i see the 3 letter word..i automatically think..oh no..not another one..as my readings on history and philosophy..have shown me that..it is all about power and control by the minority..and the majority will always be screwed every which way they can..as have been shown throughout history..and is still evident in today's world..

Yeah I get that view.
For me ETs message is peace / acceptance, just words tho. Hard to convey actually for me at least.
Theres this big thing we call the 'universe', we are part of it, we only have the present moment. We all know this on some level.
Most of us arnt here right now. I mean we are in a physical sense but not likely in a '......... ' sense. We're off in some other pseudo but seemingly very real place. Worrying about the future, dredging over the past, seduced by the mind, unconscious.
When youre present, concious, you are here. You can observe your mind, not be your mind.

Hmm, id give myself an F for that explanation. lol

the main problem with forums like this..is people do not bother to read what is written..they take a glance..then shoot from the hip

of course taking a loss is very important..but what is also very important is how you trade..for..if you just keep taking losses you wont last long

when daytrading..i take a loss very quickly..and a profit not as quick..but u always take both..no exceptions

when i cant daytrade..as stated..and showed..with live trades..i use options..which sometimes i take a partial loss..and others i let expire worthless..sometimes profit early..sometimes a bit later..

if trading small size shares..as in 100..i can use a very wide stop..for reasons again mentioned

no one ever said you do not take a loss..but as mentioned..if people fail to read what is written..or just want to create hassle..then that is what happens..they will keep repeating the same old stuff..over and over..acting like spolied little children who cant get their own way
I think i will create a new thread that will be ignored.It will ask traders to list there profit /loss over the years.a lot of people hide from that simplicity.I think people dont want to see the truth at times.I DID:eek:

For me ETs message is peace / acceptance, just words tho. Hard to convey actually for me at least.
Theres this big thing we call the 'universe', we are part of it, we only have the present moment. We all know this on some level.
Most of us arnt here right now. I mean we are in a physical sense but not likely in a '......... ' sense. We're off in some other pseudo but seemingly very real place. Worrying about the future, dredging over the past, seduced by the mind, unconscious.
When youre present, concious, you are here. You can observe your mind, not be your mind.
Hmm, id give myself an F for that explanation. lol
A lot of self help books say that and i agree.I think you have to tailor your own personal journey.Im almost there mate.Freedom has been reached-not working for the man-i dont have much stuff to worry about etc-im getting there.

I think i will create a new thread that will be ignored.It will ask traders to list there profit /loss over the years.a lot of people hide from that simplicity.I think people dont want to see the truth at times.I DID:eek:

the reality is that it really does not matter what others do..or do not..all that matters is what you do yourself

can you learn from others..of course..but you need to be very careful..as a little bit of knowledge can be a very dangerous thing..especially when it comes to trading..and with the whole information industry around trading..it is no wonder very few make the best choices

for most it will be the school of hard knocks..very few will last..but if they ackowledge risk control as no.1 above all else..then they have a very good chance of lasting..and..as the old saying goes..good things always come to those who wait..but you must wait the correct way..meaning you must accept that experience will only come from doing..and to do in trading..you need money

How exactly would you want someone to post their P&Ls over a period of years. Everyone has pretty much said they do not want to see statements. That would be hundreds and thousands of trades you would have to list over such a period of time. How would you want them to submit the trades? In a Statement? Do you have any criteria?

How exactly would you want someone to post their P&Ls over a period of years. Everyone has pretty much said they do not want to see statements. That would be hundreds and thousands of trades you would have to list over such a period of time. How would you want them to submit the trades? In a Statement? Do you have any criteria?
meaning
2005-profit 3k
2006-loss 1k
2007-profit 5k
etc.
You can then get a feel for the person you are talking too.
i have mentioned mine before and also my retirement plans-im just honest and open with nothing to hide.i do appreciate that people dont want to post this but WHY?.So what if you are down 20k as long as you believe that you can turn it around.The other side of the coin is just throw in the towel if you are that bad.;)

meaning
2005-profit 3k
2006-loss 1k
2007-profit 5k
etc.
You can then get a feel for the person you are talking too.
i have mentioned mine before and also my retirement plans-im just honest and open with nothing to hide.i do appreciate that people dont want to post this but WHY?.So what if you are down 20k as long as you believe that you can turn it around.The other side of the coin is just throw in the towel if you are that bad.;)

Maybe people do not bother posting that because like me, they believe it will open a can of worms. There is no proof that you made that much? I am not necessarily saying you need to provide proof, but I have not interest in reading about those kinds of things without proof. Anyone can type "profit 2005 3k". Additionally, £3,000 profit is meaningless without the context of the inital principal. Someone who £3k on £3K is doing better than some who made £3K on £30K.

That would be hundreds and thousands of trades you would have to list over such a period of time. How would you want them to submit the trades? In a Statement? Do you have any criteria?

So what if you are down 20k as long as you believe that you can turn it around.
I agree.

Last edited: