New Trades Thread

:clap:

Leaba noun feminine
1. bed

It is not yet Monday here in the US. I have to wait a while before I can trade this Monday. :cry:

yes hh..the good old usa can not be beaten for opportunities..by far the best markets to trade..by a longshot..

the leaba is calling..but will give this trade another bit..it might drop further or go up..not worried if it drops..i have an option so my risk is capped..if it spikes up i have my finger on the "up 1 tick" button to try and get a bit more out of the limit order..only time will tell what happens..as i haven't a damn clue :)

like i said hh..less talking..more trading..took a bit longer than i liked..but objective met..i don't mind posting after trade is completed..but no distractions from now on..

Attachments

• Screen Shot 01-10-16 at 07.48 PM.PNG
    Screen Shot 01-10-16 at 07.48 PM.PNG
    33.3 KB · Views: 176
  • Screen Shot 01-10-16 at 08.03 PM.PNG
    Screen Shot 01-10-16 at 08.03 PM.PNG
    28.7 KB · Views: 170
like i said hh..less talking..more trading..took a bit longer than i liked..but objective met..i don't mind posting after trade is completed..but no distractions from now on..

I do not want to overexpose myself anymore this week. I already doubled down on AIG Friday. I do not invest the entire 100% of the portfolio. I like to have excess liquidity in case the market drops so that my money will not be tied up and I can double a second time if need be. Doubling down a second time almost never happens. It did happen with VNR recently though.

like they say hh..it's your money

i will give another half hour..might put in limit order at lod for 6.75 on same es call option..might leave it overnight..if we get rally up i make a bit..if it drops my risk is capped at what i pay..less the 1 point i have already made on this option

What happened to this limit order?

it was not hit..i later put in limit order for 8.00 which was filled..it dropped and i put in another limit order for 3.80..but i missed that by about 20 cent..i then put in a profit taker sell limit order at 11.00 for my 8.00 fill..it was hit early today

bought again at 7.00..and at 3.70..if the current rally keeps going to test the hod it will make a nice little bit..lets see what happens

i am doing a good bit in excel..during my work i discovered an interesting way to look at ES v.s NQ for spread trading..currently working on it now..hence i have not being posting much

Attachments

• Screen Shot 01-12-16 at 03.19 PM.PNG
    Screen Shot 01-12-16 at 03.19 PM.PNG
    9.4 KB · Views: 128
iwm is not rallying as much as spy..qqq..and dia..if it picks up we might test hod and even break to new highs..as of now it does not look likely..but it could change..i will be happy if i see es near the hod

it was not hit..i later put in limit order for 8.00 which was filled..it dropped and i put in another limit order for 3.80..but i missed that by about 20 cent..i then put in a profit taker sell limit order at 11.00 for my 8.00 fill..it was hit early today

bought again at 7.00..and at 3.70..if the current rally keeps going to test the hod it will make a nice little bit..lets see what happens

i am doing a good bit in excel..during my work i discovered an interesting way to look at ES v.s NQ for spread trading..currently working on it now..hence i have not being posting much

You said you were working on spread betting. Are you treating CFD options or options?

my 200 xiv shares have just gone in the money..if the rally keeps going things will be looking good

You said you were working on spread betting. Are you treating CFD options or options?

no..not spread betting..looking at excel for spread trading the ES and NQ futures..i came across some very interesting stuff when working on excel last night..have to get it finished and tested first before trying live

if es gets to 1937 i will close my options and might hold xiv..not sure yet..i am not convinced this rally will last..would like to see iwm running up more..it is diverging..which can be a bad sign for overall strength..but lets see..anything can happen of course!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 01-12-16 at 03.42 PM.PNG
    Screen Shot 01-12-16 at 03.42 PM.PNG
    187 KB · Views: 217
no..not spread betting..looking at excel for spread trading the ES and NQ futures..i came across some very interesting stuff when working on excel last night..have to get it finished and tested first before trying live

So, you were trading CFD futures? Why do you trade the CFDs instead of the futures themselves? Is it solely to avoid stamp duty tax?

no..i am trading es globex futures..i do not do spreadbetting of cfds any more..for my own reasons..mostly due to not having direct access to the markets

i screwed up a bit this evening..firstly i should not have posted on here..it interfered with my trading..and has cost me some money..but as i am not really trading at the moment so it is ok..but you can not be posting on forums when trading..as you must concentrate

i had also not done my homework correctly..but..i am excited about the excel work..so overall..it is ok..progression is being made

had to watch a bit longer than i wanted..but just closed es options at 11.00 as per earlier objective..it could break on up further now..or later..but my objective was met..so i am happy:)

tomorrow is another day

Attachments

• Screen Shot 01-12-16 at 08.24 PM.PNG
    Screen Shot 01-12-16 at 08.24 PM.PNG
    25.5 KB · Views: 204
  • Screen Shot 01-12-16 at 08.23 PM 001.PNG
    Screen Shot 01-12-16 at 08.23 PM 001.PNG
    29.2 KB · Views: 196
  • Screen Shot 01-12-16 at 08.37 PM.PNG
    Screen Shot 01-12-16 at 08.37 PM.PNG
    14.6 KB · Views: 171
Last edited:
this is why it is wise to have an objective..especially when trading options..as mentioned..it could bust on up later..but might also go back down a bit..only time will tell..had to stay up a bit longer than i had intended..but..Time = Money

time for the leaba:)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 01-12-16 at 08.41 PM.PNG
    Screen Shot 01-12-16 at 08.41 PM.PNG
    27.5 KB · Views: 217
bought 1 es call option as per pic

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-01-13-11-02-42.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-01-13-11-02-42.jpg
    326.5 KB · Views: 200
look at this for a load of crap..click on booktrader and you cant even see the prices..i hope ib reps are reading this..for i am fed up complaining to ib about their crap charts and gui's..but they just do not listen

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-01-13-11-10-16.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-01-13-11-10-16.jpg
    271 KB · Views: 245
  • Screenshot_2016-01-13-11-10-33.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-01-13-11-10-33.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 194