New Trades Thread

Non lasciarsi prendere da questo, conversare dell'educazione o dell'ambiente. Prestiamo attenzione al presente.

Last edited:
I like. Emotional intelligence,, spiritual intelligence.

several years ago i was big into all the metaphysical stuff..but discovered..like trading stuff..it is all just repeated over and over..i had it mapped out in my head..starting in the late 1800..but i have forgotten it at this stage

then i took an interest in history and philosophy..and again..found many similarities..but two people stuck out and stuck in my mind..the first was Socrates..the real one :cheesy:..the second was Montaigne..and his famous essay called "Of The Education of Children..1580"

if one cares to spend some time reading history and philosophy..it is clear as day..that from the first major development of societies with the cunieform text..it was not long before the "minority"..those who had the best brains..learned how to control the "majority"..and this is evident across the whole world still..i do not need to expand..as i might offend some whose thought process..is..let's just say "one way only"

fwiw..one of the biggest calamities ever afflicted on mankind..was..DUALITY..for it set the stage for what has now become..a world gone mad!

http://www.britannica.com/topic/dualism-religion

i must get back to excel:)

Last edited:
Let's not get too carried away talking about upbringing and environmental factors. For now, let's stick to the present.

i disagree hh..the whole point of any discussion is to reveal the truth based on facts..which is very hard for most..due to many reasons

the nitty gritty of trading is really the easy bit..that i know from experience..and ..we have mentioned the most difficult bit many times.."the head" as i like to call it

all discussions should be ultimately concerned with sorting out the head..for that is by far what matters most in relation to trading..again..providing adequate experience is already acquired..which most here seem to have done

i disagree hh..the whole point of any discussion is to reveal the truth based on facts..which is very hard for most..due to many reasons

the nitty gritty of trading is really the easy bit..that i know from experience..and ..we have mentioned the most difficult bit many times.."the head" as i like to call it

all discussions should be ultimately concerned with sorting out the head..for that is by far what matters most in relation to trading..again..providing adequate experience is already acquired..which most here seem to have done

Talking about the head is one thing, I would prefer to not digress too much. Epigenetics (the impact environment plays in shaping genes and the genome) is a field that is not very inviting to this forum as few people can effectively participate in that discussion. I would prefer to talk about what they are currently doing and using to avoid mistakes.

Let's not get too carried away talking about upbringing and environmental factors. For now, let's stick to the present.

I do not agree with you.

A conversation is a conversation and il be very limiting if is set by rules.

Talking about the head is one thing, I would prefer to not digress too much. Epigenetics (the impact environment plays in shaping genes and the genome) is a field that is not very inviting to this forum as few people can effectively participate in that discussion. I would prefer to talk about what they are currently doing and using to avoid mistakes.

that is why i am working on excel:)

There are not mistakes but only great opportunities to bring the game at an higher level.

Alright. Let's have at it. I would enjoy dicussing epigenetics and psychology. How do you think our genes play a role in trading?

you are aware of the saying..

i know "exactly" what to do..but i just can't do it !

there are many reasons for this..can be anything to genetic..upbringing..education..social environment..family situation..aging..etc..and to make radical changes is extremely hard..as..pinpointing the exact cause..or causes..can be very difficult..even for so called "professionals" in this field

i believe awareness is the fist step..correct knowledge is the second..and changing ones habits is the third..and most important..but as i keep saying..knowing is not doing..doing causes pain..and no person likes pain..well..no normal person that is!
Im not aware of the saying as such but im away of the experience, in trading in particular.
Agree we are mentally shaped in many ways. In an insane world its hard not to be insane. Id say re pain, that we are the cause of most of our own pain through compulsive thinking.

I do not agree with you.

A conversation is a conversation and il be very limiting if is set by rules.

i see hh's point and your point..we run the danger of bringing up religion..which i have nearly done :rolleyes:..and thus some people might be offended..resulting in many off topic posts

we will try not to digress too much..but i think we all accept..at this stage..that "the head" is far more important than the method used..so..as hh has said..if maths can eliminate the problems with the head..then they should be looked at very seriously..as they may have the solution that many have being looking for

either way..once we stay civil and try not to offend anyone..we will be fine

Im not aware of the saying as such but im away of the experience, in trading in particular.
Agree we are mentally shaped in many ways. In an insane world its hard not to be insane. Id say re pain, that we are the cause of most of our own pain through compulsive thinking.

yes..of course..if we think we are stupid..we will be..for that is how the brain works

to get back on track..what would one say is the most common problem facing a new trader..and..can sometimes face an experienced trader if he/she is not thinking correctly?

Have you spent any time reading Eckhart Tolle?
No mystic voodoo about from my stand point. No mind or no thinking is the bulk of it, that you dont take your thoughts too seriously.

Im done for the night i think, but good to explore the topic. Is 90% of it imo.

Alright. Let's have at it. I would enjoy dicussing epigenetics and psychology. How do you think our genes play a role in trading?

personally..i am aware of certain "traits" that were passed from my mother to myself..and from me to my eldest daughter..my other 2 children do not show any sign of these traits..so..upbringing is ruled out..as they were all brought up in the same environment..and more or less the same conditions

it is actually hard to believe at times how we act the same way!

your thoughts?

Have you spent any time reading Eckhart Tolle?
No mystic voodoo about from my stand point. No mind or no thinking is the bulk of it, that you dont take your thoughts too seriously.

Im done for the night i think, but good to explore the topic. Is 90% of it imo.

no..but will give him a quick look over..i have done this many times..so..i can tell very quickly if what they say is just the same old stuff rehashed..or something worth more investigations..i will let you know my thoughts on same

i see hh's point and your point..we run the danger of bringing up religion..which i have nearly done :rolleyes:..and thus some people might be offended..resulting in many off topic posts

we will try not to digress too much..but i think we all accept..at this stage..that "the head" is far more important than the method used..so..as hh has said..if maths can eliminate the problems with the head..then they should be looked at very seriously..as they may have the solution that many have being looking for

either way..once we stay civil and try not to offend anyone..we will be fine

Sorry, not disrespect from my part only clarification.......

Math cannot resolve problematics with the head, only awareness can in my experience....

My yoga class is due, good conversation...

personally..i am aware of certain "traits" that were passed from my mother to myself..and from me to my eldest daughter..my other 2 children do not show any sign of these traits..so..upbringing is ruled out..as they were all brought up in the same environment..and more or less the same conditions

it is actually hard to believe at times how we act the same way!

your thoughts?

Upbringing is not ruled out; however, I do not really care about that just yet. There are many genes, which play a role in psychology (biological psychology). The dopaminergic system plays a very important role in behaviors. In particular the DRD gene family [DRD1, DRD2, DRD3, DRD4 (Dopamine Receptor D4)] has shown to be a determining factor in whether or not you will be prone to thrill seeking risk prone behavior. They have found the the D4 subtype of dopamine, which a protein specifically produced by the DRD4 gene is responsible for making people prone to cheating, have a higher risk of addictive behaviors such as gambling, drugs, etc.. Dopamine regulates the risk/reward system in the brain. There are other forms of the gene. DRD2 and DRD3 are said to be the stable forms. DRD1 is said to be the risk averse gene.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3023085/

Gender-specific expression of the DRD4 gene on adolescent delinquency, anger and thrill seeking
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3023085/pdf/nsq020.pdf

Last edited:
Sorry, not disrespect from my part only clarification.......

Math cannot resolve problematics with the head, only awareness can in my experience....

My yoga class is due, good conversation...

let's say a trader knows what to do..but..for whatever reasons..he is unable to do it

now..let's say instead of sitting back and accepting he can not do it..he decides to look at automating the bulk of the trading decision process..thus removing most of the "doing"

instead of having to spend hours on the decision process..he now only has to spend 15 minutes before the open..then trade..finished at 10.00..done for the day..no more than 1 hour per day

in this instance..hours of work..is replaced by maths..thus resulting in the trader being able to do what he wants to do

is this instance..has maths not resolved the traders problems..whatever they may be..as no matter what they are..they are affecting "the head"

no..but will give him a quick look over..i have done this many times..so..i can tell very quickly if what they say is just the same old stuff rehashed..or something worth more investigations..i will let you know my thoughts on same

done..he appears to have taken most of the spiritual teachings..and..said..live in the now..not the past or the present..see below

seems ok..but does not give me the "eureka" moment..i do not see anything there that i do not already know..and as mentioned..

"i know exactly what to do..but i just can't do it"

montaigne had a far greater impact on me..the moment i read his essay..my way of thinking changed for ever..initially for the better..but then i screwed myself up..due to many reasons..some known..and some unknown to me

i truly believe that there is far more to the brain than we think there is..and a lot of problems could be down to some of the stuff hh has posted..as..the intricate workings of the brain are dependent on chemical reactions..which is subject that is very complicated..and hh has a good deal of knowledge in this area compared to most of us..having done biochemistry

here is a thought worth thinking about..how do ant's move as they do..in colonies..retrieving things and bringing them back to the anthole..with eyes that really do not provide clear vision..it is all a blur to them!

for those interested..like myself :)
http://www.uvm.edu/~bio1and2/lab/Lab manuals Spring 2015/Loreto 2013 annotated.pdf

http://www.butler-bowdon.com/eckhart-tolle---the-power-of-now.html
Final word

Rather than presenting some grand scheme for success, The Power of Now asks us to be more present in the minutiae of everyday life, to see if we can make every moment mean something. What is regret but that we were not more fully present in a situation, to see the way things were moving, or to be more 'there' in a relationship now lost?

Some forms of mental illness involve an inability to shut off internal conversations. In contrast, a person in the fullest mental health will have the ability to quiet the mind, and from this stillness access the true state of Being which offers up perfect solutions to our problems. Though it has the style of personal revelation common to many spiritual classics, The Power of Now seems new, even revolutionary, and amid all the contemporary self-help, success and spiritual classics it is one of the most practical books for changing your life in a sustainable way.

Last edited:
^^Picked up his book several times.Couldnt understand it.He had issues and was suffering from depression i believe.i am very cynical about these self help gurus.when you dig into their personall lives they aint good