My Journal - Pathways to Improvement

Great results as usual R. It seems like you have a solid method....aren't you thinking about going live with small lots?
Cheers,
k
Of course K, I'm doing it once a week.
As I'm professional IB I'm trading accounts of other people, so I have no personal risk
but it's even worse than trading your own account because someone else (owning millions offshore) will blame you if you fail.
So I keep on improving my method.
F's method helped me to "put things together"; mean gathering all necessary skills to make efficient pips and I'm very grateful for this.
As F said, his method is not made for everyone and I think it's not made for me because I don't like to stay with orders open for a long time; got several (big) crash in the past because of this, so I take very short trades "machine gun style":D a bit like NVP does (should discuss with him one day).
As I'm IB, the most important part of my job is not to make tons of money on clients accounts but to take a huge qty of trades that must at least make 0€/$.
Usually I manage to make 40 pips per trade so it's quite comfortable for clients and interesting for me.
Of course if I had to trade for myself, the technique would be far different and probably F's one would be the best.
But I believe that the best way to earn money with Forex is to avoid investing a single buck in the system :whistling
Wow, what a long post...
R.

Results Nov 4

My results for today: +11 Net Pips.
I think today I was calmer, the market was not so choppy and I didn't stick to just a couple of pairs. I put into practice Sun's advice and kept on scanning several pairs for opportunities. I think if focused, that really pays off.

Attachments

• Results Nov-04.png
    Results Nov-04.png
    16 KB · Views: 100
Hi Forexmospherian ,

I have a question. Regarding change in bias & holding position.

EURUSDM1.png

In this chart, I marked A & B, where price was hitting longer LRs. At those point, what would be your game plan.

If you enter from that entry area, then would you directly target & hold upto Lits area?

or on those A, B point you scale out profit & keep the partial stake open?

Regards
Sun

Hi Forexmospherian ,

I have a question. Regarding change in bias & holding position.

View attachment 204858

In this chart, I marked A & B, where price was hitting longer LRs. At those point, what would be your game plan.

If you enter from that entry area, then would you directly target & hold upto Lits area?

or on those A, B point you scale out profit & keep the partial stake open?

Regards
Sun

Morning Sun

The additional clues to your question here we have not got to yet - but may as well answer as you are there

time rules

Once an interim low or highs goes over 30+ mins with no breach - it favours that turn carrying on. If it goes over 50 / 60 mins then even stronger

So we then look at next S & R levels - these will stop the change or allow it to carry on

If we get a situation with no breach either way in 30 mins - then a BTTZ area

You are correct you can scale in and out on the moves and always keep a part stake on near entry ( stop in profiT) in case we get lucky and a 15 -20 pip scalp becomes a 30 or 70 or 300+ pip move - they do happen

Have a good day

Did you catch UJ and UCad early on ?

Regards

F

Day 60

Did you catch UJ and UCad early on ?

Regards

F

Thank you F for the clear answer. I got it now.
No unfortunately i was on with AU & EU. Both fetched profit for me.

I reached my daily targets today. Most of my trades was above 5+.
11-5-2015.png

No of Trade: 31
Win rate: 54%
Largest Win: 9.9
Largest Loss: 5.8
PL: 25

I found a way with MT4 where i can practice 1 hour of live trading in 2-3 mins. So this way, I can cover months of data in 1-2 hours for practice. During this weekend will do that. I guess MT4 users already knows about this tricks. Its really helpful.

I may hit the target. But will be still trading during US session after GBP news.
As its on demo. ;)

Regards

These are my results for today: +513 NickBk Pips (aka imaginary Pips)
Actual and verifiable results: -20.6 Net Pips.

Cheers,
Keen246

Attachments

• Results Nov 5.png
    Results Nov 5.png
    30.5 KB · Views: 112

Cheers,
Keen246

Hi K,
Seems that you have to leave as you missed the minimum student's target of 50 pips !:cry:
Seriously, I wonder how it's possible to say so arrogant things :sick:

R.

Cheers,
Keen246

Hi Keen

Will have to spend some more time with you on entries and timing

Are you trading from same charts you have indicators on ? thats important really

then I will check through your timings etc

Dont worry - If anybody can get you there - its me - but it does take time and practice and thinking a different way to the traditional ways etc

Regards

F

Hi K,
Seems that you have to leave as you missed the minimum student's target of 50 pips !:cry:
Seriously, I wonder how it's possible to say so arrogant things :sick:

R.
So true R....it's beyond my imagination why people on these forums try so desperately to look as experts/millionaire traders. Is it because on their real life they feel so little?
Cheers,
K

So true R....it's beyond my imagination why people on these forums try so desperately to look as experts/millionaire traders. Is it because on their real life they feel so little?
Cheers,
K
If these people would be real experts or millionaires, they would probably not follow F's course.
But let's be positive, some people on this forum really try to help and THIS is wonderful.
No doubt you will do it.
deal with it.gif

All the best.
R.

Hi Keen

Will have to spend some more time with you on entries and timing

Are you trading from same charts you have indicators on ? thats important really

then I will check through your timings etc

Dont worry - If anybody can get you there - its me - but it does take time and practice and thinking a different way to the traditional ways etc

Regards

F
Hi F,
Yes, I'm taking the trades from the platform where I have the LRs. On Ctrader I check the longest LRs because as we have mentioned before, the longest LRs differ significantly between platforms and it seems like Ctrader's LRs are the most reliable.

Have a good evening.
Keen246

Day 61

No of Trades: 28
PL = 1 pips (after paying everything)
Largest Win: 6.6
Largest loss: 5.6
win rate: 53%

Sorry its not 50 pips..;) (I'm shameless :drunk:)
Today i was actually trying a new pair Cadjpy as spread was less than 1 pips. It was not that friendly or I enter wrong. AU bored me. EA at first was not that nice.

Discouraging someone is very easy thing, encouraging takes real deal.
"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.” - Robert F. Kennedy

Have a nice weekend.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    46.9 KB · Views: 160
  • 2.png
    2.png
    26.5 KB · Views: 163
No of Trades: 28
PL = 1 pips (after paying everything)
Largest Win: 6.6
Largest loss: 5.6
win rate: 53%

Sorry its not 50 pips..;) (I'm shameless :drunk:)
Today i was actually trying a new pair Cadjpy as spread was less than 1 pips. It was not that friendly or I enter wrong. AU bored me. EA at first was not that nice.

Discouraging someone is very easy thing, encouraging takes real deal.
"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.” - Robert F. Kennedy

Have a nice weekend.

Hi Sun

Dont blame you finishing prior to NFP release - it would be after 8 pm in the evening (your time) by the time it might be worth trading again etc etc.

This week was the start of stage 4 with all the LRs etc and it will take time to adjust. Not checked the Cad /Jpy - but the pair we all have should have taken today was the GA - 190 pip fall and 160 pips after Opens - got a lot of those off partials with stops in profits.

Two main things to achieve during November -

1 - your win rate averaging over 65% to 70% - still with tight stops that you are doing well with

2. To get you catching some 15 -30 pip moves on part stakes with stops in profit

Once you adapt to all the LRs and the LiTs concept etc etc- it all becomes so much easier

Anyway - keep the good work up - and enjoy your weekend

Regards

F

1 - your win rate averaging over 65% to 70% - still with tight stops that you are doing well with

2. To get you catching some 15 -30 pip moves on part stakes with stops in profit

Yes NFP was in my head. That's why I was hurrying up & pushing it to reach the target. As you mentioned GA, I will add it on my chart.

Thank you for sharing the goals. Now we are on. Today actually on EA I was 11 pips in profit. Not just one time 2 times! But I greed more & made loss. Missed 22 pips. I didn't trail position to break even. From now on, with every 10 pips I will trail position to +3 pips.

Good day.

Regards
Sun

Result Nov 6

My Results for today: -7.4 Net pips.

Nice weekend for all,
Keen246

Attachments

• Results Nov 6.png
    Results Nov 6.png
    9.1 KB · Views: 158