Mike Baghdady - should I take a course or not?

If Mr Baghdaddy was adequately capitalised, and achieving the returns he constantly claimed, then meeting the relatively small overheads of a handfull of staff and a small office whilst these problems where resolved, should not have been an issue. Even if his returns had been one tenth (or even one hundredth) of the ridiculous claims he was making, he would have been fine.

I believe I know the returns you are referring to. The problem is, even 300% is not that profitable when the trade is called retrospectively :LOL:.

For all those reading this is a pre-strike to try and divert / dilute the effect of what is coming from the former VP Sales later today. Its a classic Baghdady tactic and unfortunately Malcolm is the voice spout!!!

Their stupidity really knows no bounds. As I've already pointed out, this Tony fellow might have been the worlds worst sales manager, but if so, these muppets hired him, and then alledgedly allowed him to run their business into the ground.

The truth is course is they'd already destroyed their credability long before, and they continued on that self destructive path every time Mr Baghdaddy opened his mouth to speak.

This thread is going to be up there with the greats.

You have to ask why a training organisation would even need a senior vice president of sales, and a sales team, or to exhibit at an exhibition. Even a month of live calls at T2W backed up with independant verification at myfxbook or similar would result in significantly more business than they could probably handle.

If money was so tight that creditors where not being paid, then surely, the sensible course of action would be to cut overheads and dismiss the sales team, and increase sales by making some calls !

Mr Baghdaddy had claimed to be making in excess of 300% on a single trade, so a few weeks reults like that would have had em queing around the block.

But then you have to ask, why was money tight. Here's a guy who claims to have previous made millions from trading in a TV interview. He had 2M+ to throw at the turtles experiment, and continually claimed to be making monthly returns in excess of what most pro traders would be making in a decade. Something does not add up does it. Its either a lack of capital, or a lack of performance, or both.

If his returns where 1% of what he was claiming, attracting capital would NOT have been a problem, and there's no reason why anyone would want to waste their time training muppets for chump change. I think its quite clear whats going on here.

I believe I know the returns you are referring to. The problem is, even 300% is not that profitable when the trade is called retrospectively :LOL:.

Surely you are not suggesting that he didnt take those trades ? that would be dishonest, and unethical, and definately not the sort of thing you'd expect from the worlds foremost expert on price behaviour, world trading champion,

Last edited by a moderator:
If Norman Wisdom and Charlie Drake were still alive they could turn this into a great film. I don't think we have suitably qualified buffoons nowadays to carry it off.

Chapter One

I first met Mike Baghdady (from now on referred to as MB) in March of 06. We were both hired by the owner of the NJ location for Online Trading Academy(the second franchise center to open). I was hired as the Director of Education in charge of sales, marketing and operations and MB was hired as the in house instructor. Both of us were in place prior to the paint being put on the walls. I was immediately sent to OTA HQ in Irvine CA for training and MB stayed behind. When I arrived back, MB and the other employees were finishing up the painting of the center.

The day I returned to the center, the owner called a meeting with all the employees. The purpose of the meeting was to start stratagizing how we would handle the Grand Opening Celebrations, scheduled for April 1, 2006 and how we would start getting the register to ring, which is my specialty.

As I started to explain how the sales department will function, MB quickly started to challenge me and my methodology in-front of the entire staff including the owner. I should mention that I had just come out of a sales management position for 7 years with another education company, New Horizons Computer Learning Centers in NYC with a network of 250 centers world-wide. The center that I co-managed in NYC had 32 classrooms and 40 sales people. This is relevant because some of the top level NH employees had moved over to OTA before I arrived on the scene. My point is, the skills I acquired at NH were immediately transferable to the OTA environment. MB had no prior teaching experience but was supposedly an expert trader. Knowing nothing about trading, I took this at face value.

At this point I was trying not to let MB get under my skin but was thinking, who is this guy that knows nothing about the school business but is challenging my expertise. I did not challenge him back on day one in the center.

On the second day we had our morning meeting again with all the employees. MB started picking up where he left off the day before. I could not let this stand so I asked him to leave the room with me. I took him into a private office and became quit aggressive with him and his verbal challenges. I wanted to know why he was getting into my space and pointed out that I was not getting into his space as I was not skilled on the delivery side. He quickly spun what his intent was and promised he would stop his behavior. From that point forward MB positioned himself as my friend and he and I did not clash. However, he did start to clash with the owner of the center and within 4 months left the center to work for OTA HQ in Irvine CA.

Over the next few years we kept in touch as colleagues and we did have a cordial phone relationship. It is important to note that during this time period he watched me and my team take awards at the annual International Conference. Most notably, Center of the year award, 3 out of 3 years. Center of the year really meant that the center had the most sales in the network. This is important to remember as I unfold this story.

I will come back tomorrow and pick up from this point. I apologize for being so lengthy but I think it is important to explain the lead up to my getting involved with Training Traders.

Have a great day everyone.
[email protected]
feel free to contact me.

So now we have the background, we await the rest with intrigue.

Surely Mike Baghdady would have paid for a painter given how much money he claimed to have? Or he could have traded one trade and made 300% on it and got Leonardo da Vinci to knock up something bespoke?

Don't believe any attempt by Mike Baghdady to try to blame previous members of staff - it's simply not true. It's a standard tactic by Mike Baghdady to try to shoot the messenger. .

I SNIFF THE SCENT OF BAGHDADYS HAND HERE.!!!!!!!!!!
It all makes sense now.

For all those reading this is a pre-strike to try and divert / dilute the effect of what is coming from the former VP Sales later today. Its a classic Baghdady tactic and unfortunately Malcolm is the voice spout!!!

What is written here can be totally torn apart. We shall have some fun with this later.

Baghdady had no idea about that post, it was my own work. Once again you are trying your tricks.

I answered a direct false accusation against me from Digbyarbuthnot. Perhaps it is not the answer you wanted ? :)

Baghdady had no idea about that post, it was my own work. Once again you are trying your tricks.

I answered a direct false accusation against me from Digbyarbuthnot. Perhaps it is not the answer you wanted ? :)

I see, you can answer false accusations but not questions. That being the case I'd like to explain that the Turtles program has collapsed, the Turtles were never funded as promised and the whole episode was a not so clever marketing gimmick.

I see, you can answer false accusations but not questions. That being the case I'd like to explain that the Turtles program has collapsed, the Turtles were never funded as promised and the whole episode was a not so clever marketing gimmick.

I answered a false accusation made against me personally.

Digbyarbuthnot, you have already made one false accusation about me resigning, now you are making more and much stronger allegations against me personally.

At no time have I lied and I would ask you to withdraw that allegation and appologise.

I answered a false accusation made against me personally.

Remember Malcolm.
You are then going to have to answer many false allegations made against Tony Michaels and Mr Abernethey.
I have a feeling that Tony Michaels will be able to prove everything he says and it will not match your work of fiction. (fiction-thats made up)

It must be pure hell for Mr Baghdady to be unable to control what is happening and being unable to stop the truth coming out.

The word from very reliable sources is that you attempted to resign your position on several occassions. Would you like to confirm or deny this? - remember we have ways of getting at the truth and brining the evidence onto the forum.

By way of some background for the readers this is the same Malcolm last seen in the Training Traders offices last week filming on his camera as the Titanic sank.
A fair number of people were helping themselves to computers, chairs, etc and there was Malcolm in the middle of this filming away. For what purpose prey tell.

The office is empty, the turtles have gone back into the ocean, Tuckey has disappeared, there are no staff (try calling the number) and Baghdady has fled to Egypt - or has he? I rather suspect that his publisising this fact is yet another obvious Baghdady tactic. Whats the bet that he is back in USA????????

Remember Malcolm.
You are then going to have to answer many false allegations made against Tony Michaels and Mr Abernethey.
I have a feeling that Tony Michaels will be able to prove everything he says and it will not match your work of fiction. (fiction-thats made up)

It must be pure hell for Mr Baghdady to be unable to control what is happening and being unable to stop the truth coming out.

The word from very reliable sources is that you attempted to resign your position on several occassions. Would you like to confirm or deny this? - remember we have ways of getting at the truth and brining the evidence onto the forum.

All I did was point out that the hate campaign on here only involves 2 or 3 people and that there is a distinct lack of posts from disgruntled clients. So now you attack me, I must have hit a nerve, or a point you could not answer and had to resort to attacking.

All I did was point out that the hate campaign on here only involves 2 or 3 people and that there is a distinct lack of posts from disgruntled clients. So now you attack me, I must have hit a nerve, or a point you could not answer and had to resort to attacking.

Digbyarbuthnot, you have already made one false accusation about me resigning, now you are making more and much stronger allegations against me personally.

At no time have I lied and I would ask you to withdraw that allegation and appologise.