May '04 Forex

ok stopped out. now gone long.

looks like that was the catalyst for this mornings ditherings to burst into life.

broken 1.7950 which is good enough for me to go long :)

balls. fake breakout, stopped out for -12. looks like long term downtrend remains in place.

wont trade until i get charts back.

still no trade on this Euro breakout +/- 50 though.

FC

FC / Chow

Thank heavens it isn't just me having problems with FXCM charts.Mine have been playing up since last Friday and die for no reason at all several times a day.I have contacted their tech suppt team but they claim that everything is ok their end..are you both using the marketscope software or the main one from their website ?

H

Hi hopefull, i'm trialling their FXPower Charts and they're up again now, probably just transient net problems. I've never had a problem with them until today.

Newtron Bomb

Just to add my own voice ignore the idiots and keep up the good work.

I had no knowledge and no interest in Forex until I started following postings by people such as yourself and Johnny T.

Now I have loads of interest in it.

Still not much knowledge but improving and at least I have been able to turn in profits fairly consistently :D :D

Plenty to learn but getting there slowly :| :|

Enjoyed the website-look forward to the issue of the newsletter when produced.

Pity when contributors such as yourself who bring so much to the site feel that their contributions are not fully appreciated but I can assure you that it is by me and ,I am sure,by all of those posting on this thread.

Good Trading :LOL: :LOL:

Hi Chow

Sounds as though I have a 'bigger' issue with my computer...Full diagnostics then for a couple of hours.Great !

What's your initail opinion on the FXPower Charts package..any edge ?

H

ChowClown said:
Hi hopefull, i'm trialling their FXPower Charts and they're up again now, probably just transient net problems. I've never had a problem with them until today.

FC

There are several charts on FXCM that you can use. Also, charts provided by NetDania or FXTreek on www.fxstreet.com
Not so sure about the delays on the last ones.

EUR short and Swissy long heading in the right direction (+31 pips net a few minutes ago).

Volatility filter precludes me from trading Betty today.

Hope

...they're not that much different to be honest (from the others mentioned), just packaged a little better. Are you trading through FXCM or SBing these days? I'm trialling FXCM now and might open a mini with them, although JT's Java App sounds great, so I'm tempted to go direct with IB - decisions, decisions.

Chow

Have been with FXCM since January.No complaints at all..I think the recent porblems must be my end rather than theirs.No slippage and guaranteed stops all very usefull.The only reason I'd look to change is for lower spreads ,so I understand the temptation to go with IB.

h

Why is cable called cable?

It was the first instrument traded across the pond via "cable"

What works on FX?

Everything does some of the time. Finding something that you have confidence in and fits your lifestyle routine or commitments it hard enough then you have to learn how to trade it this is where psychology comes into play and imo is a big part of trading along with adequate money management.

Thank you all again for you public and private support, i personally didnt think and still dont think i contribute a great deal even when i do put some of my thoughts up.

The problems that occur are when i am in a good frame of mind like i have been today and start spilling the beans with how i trade and then some joker starts giving me sh!t usually via a pm so then i dont bother posting for ages.

re: website i'm still finding the time to do work on it ive been working more on the coding etc and more recently i'm trying to get some articles on theres. Ive also put the fxcm FA list on the news section which also needs revamp.
If anyone see's anything they think might be useful or would like something in particular just let me know and i will see what i can do in the short term to get some decent info on the site for you all..

Happy trading
NB

Why go FXCM, spreadbets or other Forex Dealers?

The globex EUR/USD future trades with a spread of 1, $12.5 per pip and $2.4 per side.

i.e the effective spread is <1.5 pips

Globex is a total electronic market platform that is fair to all. It is regulated unlike Forex market makers...

IB allow you to interface with their trading platform for free as they have nothing to hide. I have yet to see a Forex Broker or SB Co really offer an API to their trading platform.

Very soon IB are also providing the currency Spot Market. They are the biggest broker in the US.

I vote with my feet.

JonnyT

JonnyT

Very interesting points you have raised.

I.m not sure about an api interface but you can automate trading with cms forex now. I'll lett you know how i get on.

Hpayy Trading
NB

FetteredChinos said:
can you actually see my signature?? :)

FC

Your sig wasn't working earlier in the week, and it annoyed me so much I went to the URL to see what Homer was doing!!! I've been able to see it since yesterday

1-8 BO GBPUSD went short, stopped out -60
1-8 BO EURUSD not triggered
7-10 BO GBPUSD no trade as range >60 (edit: I mean <60 doh!!!)
7-10 BO EURUSD short from 2137, currently +24

Can anyone think of some rhyming slang for "EURUSD" ??

Hi Guys,

Thanxs guys for the reply to my earlier question, re; 'cable'. Tried to post a thanxs at the time but couldn't for some reason, gremlins somewhere no doubt.

Keep posting N.B. Don't let em get ya down!

Sally.

Newtron

Thank you for sharing your opinions, I, like many others find it invaluable and can only give the upmost praise to you and Jonny T for the insights into Forex. I have also started trading forex for the first time as I needed a system that suited with my lifestyle and find that JT's BO system suits me down to the ground!

Can I just ask a question?

Your link to FREE Trading Forex Systems, is this your website people have been talking about?

Regards
Pitbull

EUR daily fibs

As requested in the chatroom, bit hard to see but it bottomed at the 38% fib.

Attachments

• eurdaily.jpg
    eurdaily.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 225
EUR short and Swissy long now +44 pips net.

Did everyone trading BO systems get stopped out of Cable? Volatility filter kept me out. :cheesy:

Goober said:
EUR short and Swissy long heading in the right direction (+31 pips net a few minutes ago).

Volatility filter precludes me from trading Betty today.

Goober, certainly did, got my fingers burned there. Never mind eh, I'll keep perservering with it. Kudos to all these kind people who develop simple systems for us newcomers. Much obliged.

Ben

Update

UPDATE ( 7am - 5min. bar break +/- 30 points above/below close at 7am as safety channel)

GBP/CHF = 100 points

Euro/USD = +30

GBP/USD = 35 Loss

USD/YEN = +30

Hmm - hope this is right cos it looks good ;)

RANT: Went to Camborne for a haircut - but -
Barbers was shut all day Thursday !!!

Went to Redruth at 1pm and they were shut for !!!! lunch.
Oh-well, back out after twopm then for that haircut - wife will check it :eek:

Last edited: