May '04 Forex

Ben

Would you believe that I trade a 12:00:01 to 09:00:00 range? If the H/L range on a pair is > 60 pips, I don't trade it.

HTH.

Redben said:
Interested in the +60 idea cancelling a trade - Goober, do you do that on the 7-10 bo too, or just the 1-8?

Thanks,

Ben

Slaps head* Remember you mentioned that earlier - hope it works well for you Goober, you seem to do alright ;)

Ben

With all the variants of JT's systems flying around, I thought I'd spell mine out for all to see.

I trade the BO of the range from 12:00:01 to 09:00:00 +/- 1 pip with a 60 pip SL on EUR, Cable and Swissy.

When I'm 50 pips up, I move SL to breakeven. I check my positions on the hour and trail stops at recent H/L +/- 40 pips.

When I'm 100 pips up, I trail stops at recent H/L +/- 30 pips.

At 18:00, I close my positions ATM or trail stops at recent H/L +/- 15 pips and let the market do its thing overnight.

I also use a volatility filter. If the range from 12:00:01 to 09:00:00 > 60 pips on a pair, I don't trade it that day.

HTH.

The Wanderer said:
So far this week on1am -8am system Cable has given 3 losers and 1 winner but still leaves me 27 pips up thanks to 149 pip profit on Tuesday.

On that day the gap between high and low was 52

On the 3 losing days it was 64 66 and 64 respectively.

Interesting eh ???

RedBen,

This is what TW mention a bit earlier. It will be interested to se if someone else apart from Goober has a volatility filter around this range (60 pips). I do anot have any data but it will be interesting to be able to back test.

Power lies in numbers!!!

Nicoss

Thanks for pointing TW's observations out - I missed it.

The theory of a volatility filter is straight-forward. If the market trades within a tight range overnight, it is more than likely to breakout of the range with some aggression - similar to narrowing Bollinger Bands. However, if the market is volatile, breakouts are generally weak and liable to retrace back into the range.

Well, that's my theory! :LOL:

nicoss said:
RedBen,

This is what TW mention a bit earlier. It will be interested to se if someone else apart from Goober has a volatility filter around this range (60 pips). I do anot have any data but it will be interesting to be able to back test.

Power lies in numbers!!!

Locked in 88 pips net on EUR short and Swissy long at 16:00.

I'm going home now - will check in later this evening.

Goober said:
EUR short and Swissy long now +143 pips net. Locked in 85 pips net.

Go, you beauty! :cheesy:

my god, you know i make this page 15 of this thread, and we are only on the 4th trading day of the month.

gadzooks.

housing problem now sorted chaps :)

hmm, found a reasonable 1 bed flat in camden after all. its ok, but with a few chinos touches it should be grand.

even got a tiny garden, which will be handy considering im inheriting a cat from my mum when she moves abroad!! :)

now all i gotta do is sort out car insurance. anyone know any cheap ones? i had a wee prang 2 years ago, so everything is immensely expensive :(

FC

FC, I've found Tesco to be about the cheapest for me over the last 2 years, but then that's with full NCs.

hmm thanks chow. i'll give them a whirl.

im tempted to try to find pay-as-you-go insurance if such a thing exists. my prang was 2years 6 months ago, and you only need to disclose prangs within the last 3 years. so if i can insure myself at this ridiculous rate, then after 6 months i can revert back to normal insurance. hurrah.

bloody accident, wasnt really my fault!

anyone still holding shorts?

FC

...'me EUR longs are just in profit now, just need 'em a tad higher and I'll set stops to BE and leave for a while.

i was tempted to go long a while back, but i really didnt want to trade against the trend on the 1 min, 5 min and 15 min charts!

nice moves though, mate. fortune favours the brave :)

FC

still short a few euro/dollar, profits well and truly locked in place, giving it a bit of room on the pull back. If it goes it is going to go quicker than your pound notes at the Tesco check out.
Had a good day so not fussed what ever it does.

Try a google search for cheapest uk car insurance. Will throw up a bunch that do it monthly. But living in Camden it is going to work out costly. Pity you don't live well outside the capital, (even if you did drive in to see someone in London everyday) (nudge, nudge.)