May '04 Forex

You have the trade right on the cable, Nicoss, according to my graphs anyway - doesn't look like the strongest trade at the moment though. Euro looking like it wants to go down - would have shorted 2138 but wary of the interest rate news...

Ben

speaking of which, anyone know when it is? i found a coupe of sources saying 11am.

thought that was odd as it usually comes out at midday.

it is thursday today isnt it?

FC

Nicoss

Your figures look fine give or take a couple of points.

My figures were based on 1am-8am system whereas you are using 8am-10am system.

Nothing wrong with that especially when you consider that my short trade that was triggered at 7887 bombed out at 60 point stop loss very quickly!!

Ouch!!

So far this week on1am -8am system Cable has given 3 losers and 1 winner but still leaves me 27 pips up thanks to 149 pip profit onTuesday.

On that day the gap between high and low was 52

On the 3 losing days it was 64 66 and 64 respectively.

Interesting eh ???

hi sally. there is a thread over on the motley fool about the origins of the names. i will see what i can dig up

FC :)

welcome to the asylum by the way. forex is not for the faint hearted lol. :)

Take the 5min. chart of the 7am bar ( Add 30 points each side) which looks ok for euro, cable, and yen.

Unless I did a serendipity and cocked up by accidentally triggering a profitable trade :|

SallyT said:
Hi Guys,

New to Forex, so a question for you. What is 'cable' all about?

Sally.

Sally, Cable is referring to GPB/USD. It is the same thing.

Hi Sally

Welcome to the Fx BB. Cable is the GBP/USD currency pair.

SallyT said:
Hi Guys,

New to Forex, so a question for you. What is 'cable' all about?

Sally.

Hi Guys,

You're wonderful lot, thanks.

A bit daunting all this, with a breakout here and a breakout there! But enjoying the ride so far, even though it's a bit of a mystery at the moment.

Sally.

Some info please

:LOL: Hi guys, i am a dow trader but have my eye on the FX. I do a lot of tech analysis and know what times to look for reversals ect but no idea what the best times are to trade the FX. Can someone please point me in the right direction so i can make a start on this. I have read a few threads about 7-10 breakouts etc but need some more info on best times to trade and how the breakout system works or which ever systems work. Also which currencies to trade also what tools are best in this environment.

Thanks to all

mike (i hope you're not a liverpool fan??)

have a look at the strategies board. most of us here seem to be trading a version of the system postulated under the thread "is this one spot on?" there has been loads of discussion about it on that part of the site, and indeed on this thread, and the April Forex thread.

hope it helps.

FC

here we go guys, hope you have your seat belts fastened and your stops tightened.

announcement in 5 mins. FWIW im lightly short on cable, possibly adding if it looks like going bananas for the rest of the day. stops 15pts away. fingers crossed.

bet its a non-event now lol!!

FC

balls!!! typical, my FXCM charts have decided to completely die. anyone else having problems? and can anyone recommend a similar substitute?

im gonna have to trade this blindfold otherwise lol :) (joke!)

FC

Update

Update
Euro and the Yen still look good trades ( 7am 5min. bar trades)

FC

What is Homer doing -or shouldn't one ask ?
:D

Well I have to go for a haircut , back later.

neil, can you actually see my signature?? for some reason i cant. i remember setting it up ages ago, but it hasnt ever displayed on my pc

might have to have a work witht he Sharkster

:)

FC, my FXCM charts have died too. Mind you I haven't been able to use T2W properly for an hr or so, until now, really sloooooow.