May '04 Forex

oh no!!

sorry to hear that Tulli. i wouldnt be so hasty to close it out just yet. wait to see what happens around the 1.7500 level, as that is surely worth a mini bounce for a few points? also we may not even get that far. 1.7530 has been strong support on a few occasions now. no point selling at support and buying at resistance.!! :)

chart to follow.

FC

FetteredChinos said:
oh no!!

sorry to hear that Tulli. i wouldnt be so hasty to close it out just yet. wait to see what happens around the 1.7500 level, as that is surely worth a mini bounce for a few points? also we may not even get that far. 1.7530 has been strong support on a few occasions now. no point selling at support and buying at resistance.!! :)

chart to follow.

FC

here goes..

Attachments

• wait and see.jpg
    wait and see.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 197
Tullibody said:
Morning fellow forex fiends. No apology for word of warning against the obvious, infantile and potentially crippling. Signed into my d4f account about an hour ago and after some cogitation checked the balance to find I had a long running on cash cable from yesterday and furthermore I was down about 150 buttons. Turned out that I had cancelled a sell stop with a limit at the same price but somehow or another, managed to do it twice. Hence the long got triggered long after I had checked everything through and logged out and naturally, as cable motored steadily southwards. It's entirely my fault not d4f's and it is apparently very easily done. Not only that, but tis very expensive -- over a week's gains wiped. Hence no apols for stating the obvious....make sure you're clear before you leave, then check it again. Deep sigh.

A very good warning, Tulli. I've had the same kind of thing happen to me - like you say, it's very easily done. So it's good to remind ourselves and everyone else to check your orders thoroughly before you quit for the day.

Regards,

Tulliboy
CMC do this a lot where by you cancel a trade and close down for the day and then all of a suden you've got a whopping position on. Best piece of advice for this is take a screen shot of how your positions should be with any orders that you should have etc etc and save this. So when it does happen again you have evidence to get them to reverse the position.

Another little trick is to reopen the layout you have saved this will refresh the data and show you if the orders have been cancelled properly or executed at all... saves you logging on and off all the time.

HTH
NB

Tks for comments, fellas. Just going to have a spot of self flagellation now then I'll be back on top form...ie as FC suggests buying the resistance and selling the support. I THINK that's the plan anyway....or is it the oth...where's my Murphy.......

Newtron Bomb said:
Tulliboy
CMC do this a lot where by you cancel a trade and close down for the day and then all of a suden you've got a whopping position on. Best piece of advice for this is take a screen shot of how your positions should be with any orders that you should have etc etc and save this. So when it does happen again you have evidence to get them to reverse the position.

Another little trick is to reopen the layout you have saved this will refresh the data and show you if the orders have been cancelled properly or executed at all... saves you logging on and off all the time.

HTH
NB
thanks very much NB. Very good advice and I will look into that before the next trade.

Morning All

Short Cable at 1.7557 - currently +36 pips. Concerned about support at round number. We'll see! :cheesy:

Goober, 'mornng. Wondered how you came to be short on cable at 17557. I'm short but I had a b/o figure of 17535

okay if it's based on a pullback of 50%, which makes sense, what dictates the future trend ie you have the option at that stage of either long or short.

Whilst I know many of my questions are basic if not stupid, from the pm's I have received there are many novices watching this forum wondering similar things. After all I though pull back was a very unsafe form of contraception!

Welshmal said:
After all I though pull back was a very unsafe form of contraception!

knackers!! no-one told me!

i wonder how many little chinos there are running around in their smart little slacks.

hmmm

FC or should I say Daddy, an opinion on the trend today please.

Do deepsea divers with chicken pox really come up to scratch?

Welshie

Yesterday's low - 15 pips.

Welshmal said:
Goober, 'mornng. Wondered how you came to be short on cable at 17557. I'm short but I had a b/o figure of 17535

NB could never really keep away.

Goobs, eh'up fella.

Mal, son, long time no see. erm trend is still down for the day. until we get some higher lows on at least a 30min chart, i think selling rallies is the way fwd.

chart on its way.

FC

ok here we go. another attempt at 1.7500 on the cards. if we climb up to 1.7570 ish, then i may add to my short.

always trade with the intermediate trend.

FC :)

Attachments

• who's the daddy.jpg
    who's the daddy.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 147
A good morning to all of you.
FC you seem to like charts, can you confirm this signal?
Thanks

Attachments

• cable 14.05.JPG
    cable 14.05.JPG
    126.2 KB · Views: 166
hmm, its a blue one?

MACD and RSI positive divergance make me a bit wary about being short though..

still, Price action is keeping me short in the meantime.