GU

Will not bother with any scalp buys until price makes over 28 and 31

Still would exit 30% scalp sells stake though if price goes back over 6623

price now at 6615

nearly 30 mins later from GU comment above

GU price now 6612 - moved 30% stop down to 16

If I get stopped no problem - its a nice profit

Out of GU sell

Not scalp bought - will only look at that above 28 and 31 - as did not want to keep scalping for just 1-5 pips all afternoon - it's tiring ;-)

AU

Noticed its been down to 9310 - I had thought 20 -23 area would hold it - but no luck and the scalp buy never got over 28.

Bounces staying under 9322 are still scalp sells again for now

AU

Noticed its been down to 9310 - I had thought 20 -23 area would hold it - but no luck and the scalp buy never got over 28.

Bounces staying under 9322 are still scalp sells again for now

long AU 172 sl 102 tp x2

hi Neil

Surprised you bought at 93172 - i would have needed above say 9323 - as up to 22 had still in a scalp sell mode

It made 93177 on my chart and then fell again - but now its whether i will fall under 10 - or post a HL

If it post a HL at say 11 or 12 - I still need over last high at say 177 + then 21 to take new scalp buys - as below 93177 still a scalp sell for me

Good Luck though

Will pop back after 5 00 pm next

PS - EJ at 137 00 now - but cannot scalp sell it atm - its not ready

Last edited:
hi Neil

Surprised you bought at 93172 - i would have needed above say 9323 - as up to 22 had still in a scalp sell mode

It made 93177 on my chart and then fell again - but now its whether i will fall under 10 - or post a HL

If it post a HL at say 11 or 12 - I still need over last high at say 177 + then 21 to take new scalp buys - as below 93177 still a scalp sell for me

Good Luck though

AU&UJ stopped out.

The AU entry was valid. 'Previously' used demand with valid PA.

The UJ was clutching at straws enry no PA.

I'm trying to ratchet up the entries as I tend to hesitate.

I'll be back with more. That's 4 loses on the bounce. :eek: No one copy me:eek:

GU - grinded lower all afternoon. expecting a pause now London close is upon us. Waiting for pullbacks, would be good to catch a nice pullbak around London open tomorrow. We will see. GL

AU&UJ stopped out.

The AU entry was valid. 'Previously' used demand with valid PA.

The UJ was clutching at straws enry no PA.

I'm trying to ratchet up the entries as I tend to hesitate.

I'll be back with more. That's 4 loses on the bounce. :eek: No one copy me:eek:

I would be interested to understand your scalping method - and I can see you are working on tight stops - which is good and you need to with scalping - but do you target just say 3-7 pips or are you after 10 -20 pip targets ?

Its always difficult if you are counter trading - you either need to be in with 1 or 2 pips of interim highs or lows and of course get your timing correct for a "bouncy ball " type effect.

Dont worry - as the markets are tough after the bigger moves of today

I wish you well and please don't worry about posting more etc - and i will comment if I am trading similar pairs and agree etc etc

Regards

F

5 15 PM

GU

i exited all of scalp sells prior to 5 00 pm at 6614 area

i was not going to scalp buy until it made over the 28 and 31 area and it made just 23/4

Under 21 and 19 was a scalp sell again - and now price as made another low at 6611

under 6617 its still a scalp sell on PA but needs now under 6610 and 07 to hold on longer for tests of the big round number support

Also for scalp buys - we need really above 25 now - ist OK taking them at say 18 - but still might turn down again under 25 and drop lower

AU

Price at 9307 and we need over 13 /14 minimum to take scalp buys and then need over 9318+ to hold them on for a larger move up.

We have not gone under 9300 yet - but if 9305 low lest go you tend to think it will test the big round number

5 22 pm

EJ

I wanted to sell around 137 00 area and price now is sticking at 137 02

Need now under 97 and 95 to confirm a scalp sell is being tried with 137 03/4 as a stop

AU finding support at yesterdays low. This might be in a swing down move now.

UJ going higher will try shorting around 920. That should be a new swing move.

I would be interested to understand your scalping method - and I can see you are working on tight stops - which is good and you need to with scalping - but do you target just say 3-7 pips or are you after 10 -20 pip targets ?

Its always difficult if you are counter trading - you either need to be in with 1 or 2 pips of interim highs or lows and of course get your timing correct for a "bouncy ball " type effect.

Dont worry - as the markets are tough after the bigger moves of today

I wish you well and please don't worry about posting more etc - and i will comment if I am trading similar pairs and agree etc etc

Regards

F

I either use 5p or 7p sl and target either 1:1, 1:2 or swing trade. Swing trades I might add more later on PA.

update on ucad, squeaky bum time on the retest but the hour has closed bearish have set sl to 499 after the intial entry was without sl as I do sometimes when the entry happens quickly, open tp at the moment

Wednesday 20th August 2014 - Pre Midnight on Tuesday

Just a quick message to say i will not be starting this thread until after 7 15 am tomorrow ( Wednesday )

This is approx 45 mins later than normal - as got to drop part of family off at Airport

Then after 10 am i am out for another hr or so as I prepare for another break after Friday.

I hope to be around prior to more red Pound news at 9 30 am and CAD at lunchtime and then notice FOMC meeting mins at 7 00 pm in the evening - so will try and fit those into my trading time

Have a good trading day

Regards

F

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.