Intraday Live short term trading calls from an Expert Retail Forex Trader

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got to pop out for an hr or so - taking Basil the dog to the groomers for a make over ;-)

See you a bit later and around in and out this afternoon

Keep those stops tight MM if you are only in 50 /50 mode ;-))

er, see last post. ea got away on me again and i blew it

Just seen this as I leave

Stops not under 5 -7 pips the problem - please go and sit on the naughty chair - or stand in the corner - whilst typing - I must not keep selling the EA - 1000 times please :)

See you a bit later

F

well i just cant see why it was not a sell

m1 structure

Attachments

• struct.png
    struct.png
    63.3 KB · Views: 60
m1 structure

I've never used pitchforks so can't really comment if indeed that's what you used for entry criteria. From my point of view ea at the time was on a strong run up , trying to short that was not a good idea imho , also it was taking out sell stops and resistance from the last M15 high at 1.5482 from this morning , you never know how far past this point it will go , far better to be on with the flow up or wait til the move finishes and re-assess from there for shorts.

You are doing really well MM just listen to what F. has to say , he knows what he's doing in particular when you are wrong just get out.

ok its at -30 so acc effectively blown and null and void. so annoying as win ratio
was quite good previous to that. please free to laugh your ar$e off at the commission charges (diff between two left hand columns)

Attachments

• ratio.PNG
    ratio.PNG
    20.2 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
ok its at -30 so acc effectively blown and null and void. so annoying as win ratio
was quite good previous to that. please free to laugh your ar$e off at the commission charges (diff between two left hand columns)

I'm not laughing , we've all been there. It takes guts to come on here and declare all your trades and stick your head above the parapet wall. In fact if more did it they would learn faster , you learn from your mistakes.

I've never used pitchforks so can't really comment if indeed that's what you used for entry criteria. From my point of view ea at the time was on a strong run up , trying to short that was not a good idea imho , also it was taking out sell stops and resistance from the last M15 high at 1.5482 from this morning , you never know how far past this point it will go , far better to be on with the flow up or wait til the move finishes and re-assess from there for shorts.

You are doing really well MM just listen to what F. has to say , he knows what he's doing in particular when you are wrong just get out.

ty but im leaving this session with the feeling im just no better than random entry. If i cant read the clues and see what you have pointed out there can be little hope. all i cld see was the big drop (that did not happen!) will spend some time reviewing now to pick up some idea of what im doing wrong this session. i cannot afford to have a bad session as consistency is everything now.
I suspect my bias from larger timeframes is overly influencing me but i have to look and find out now. Hate the review and pick up off floor part.

I'm not laughing , we've all been there. It takes guts to come on here and declare all your trades and stick your head above the parapet wall. In fact if more did it they would learn faster , you learn from your mistakes.

well thaNKS. I was actually referring to the ridiculous charges on the demoacc. you can see how so many green trades get smacked down by a few poor ones.

plenty of green dude ...........dont knock it

Back now for an hour - then off for 30 mins and back after 2.40 pm for a couple of hrs - I hope

I have attached my EA chart for MM

This pair as been his down fall this morning - robbing him of a great session - simply because he kept wanting to sell it

No problem selling it for a scalp 5 -15 pips or so if need be - but really if you took say 3 or 5 or even 10 trades on it - 70%+ should have been scalp buys

A messy chart with arrows and trendline added

I must mention to MM again about including horizontal S & R's as well as dynamic ones from trendlines and PF's

Need to then check with him if he as his LR's set up correctly and also to get long term bias out of his head - as it purely the next 10 - 30 - 60 mins we are after not 3 hr or 6 hrs etc etc

Attachments

• EA - 310114.JPG
    EA - 310114.JPG
    122.1 KB · Views: 83
Status
Not open for further replies.