Intraday Live short term trading calls from an Expert Retail Forex Trader

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need to have a cup of tea and a rub down with the FX weekly - to calm me down now - I will be doing a MM next and trying to take 20 scalps in next 30 mins ;-)

Must relax lol

With regards to Swissy - for me under 60 was a scalp sell MM

We had 67 high and then a 66 and 65 - so LH's and then the LL's and my Lrs going over as well

Good afternoon (morning here) to you guys - my trading day has been a wash out due to home issues. You are talking about Euro/Aussie when you say EA right? My spread on Dukascopy is around 1.5 pips give and take a couple of decimals each side. If the SL is to be 5 pips including spread then that really only allows 3.5 pips movement until stop is hit and given the volatility in this pair 3.5 pips can be swallowed up in no time. I played around with this pair today and really price moves up 2 pips, down 3 pips and up 3 pips all within the same minute - continually!! - crazy! Until I get the hang of this I will rather trade one, or maximum 2 pairs, as each pair has its way of moving. It occurs to me that maybe trading on a 3-5 min tf and then moving down to 1 minute might be a better way to gain confidence and move ahead. At a 1 minute TF all decisions have to be taken 3 times faster? Trading is like any other endeavor in life. Best way to learn something is do it right repetitively and if need be slowly before trying to do the same thing faster. I play tennis and I can relate this to tennis. The faster the ball is returned to you the more mistakes get made. In any case, I wouldn't think the EA is the best currency to gain confidence on even though the siren call of faster and larger gains can be heard floating through the ether.

Good afternoon (morning here) to you guys - my trading day has been a wash out due to home issues. You are talking about Euro/Aussie when you say EA right? My spread on Dukascopy is around 1.5 pips give and take a couple of decimals each side. If the SL is to be 5 pips including spread then that really only allows 3.5 pips movement until stop is hit and given the volatility in this pair 3.5 pips can be swallowed up in no time. I played around with this pair today and really price moves up 2 pips, down 3 pips and up 3 pips all within the same minute - continually!! - crazy! Until I get the hang of this I will rather trade one, or maximum 2 pairs, as each pair has its way of moving. It occurs to me that maybe trading on a 3-5 min tf and then moving down to 1 minute might be a better way to gain confidence and move ahead. At a 1 minute TF all decisions have to be taken 3 times faster? Trading is like any other endeavor in life. Best way to learn something is do it right repetitively and if need be slowly before trying to do the same thing faster. I play tennis and I can relate this to tennis. The faster the ball is returned to you the more mistakes get made. In any case, I wouldn't think the EA is the best currency to gain confidence on even though the siren call of faster and larger gains can be heard floating through the ether.

yes reminds me of CL

Hi Steve

Totally agree with you - the EA is like the GY and could be looked upon as a beast

Its OK for me and experienced scalpers and I think MM can tackle it - but not advisable as a normal pair for traders still getting into the strategy etc

In terms of pairs for say intermediary scalper traders - would pick

AU - UJ - EG - Swissy and even EU - at times

For more action - then GU and EJ

For quick gains - or big losses ;-) - EA - GJ - CJ

I am happy to assist all on say AU and Swissy and even UJ if need be

Hope that helps Steve

Regards

F

GU
AT 11.41 IT BROKE THE GENERAL BIAS OF DOWN but cld not maintain it, 14:39/40 being the perfect sell really

Status
Not open for further replies.