Intraday Live short term trading calls from an Expert Retail Forex Trader

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi c6ackp - Just got back and was stopped out on 1 lot with a free trade left on with stop at 20.

May I say well done to you - and yes agree so slow over the lunchtime period - and with no main news last hr .

I was not back in time to re scalp buy over 22 or 28 so missed out on the run up 3450+ - shame - but so used to this happening and so don't get too frustrated.

i did not make as many pips as you and did not bother to take any scalp sells in between and thought would it test that 12 /13 entry - as many other traders would have moved their stop up to entry or at least break even - and then been stopped out again at 13 or so and probably not re - entered over 19 - 22 or even 28 as they still might have been licking their wounds ;-)

I am amazed you did not take say 60 or 70 -80% off at your target at 37 ish - and then left some on with stop in profit etc for another 10 -15 pips profit etc.

I appreciate some times - strict rules do work - with stops and targets in stone - but personally - I change all the while with it being a dynamic market and every 15 -30 mins expect surprises of some type.

Please feel free to post here as you like - as I can see you have been a member for 9 yrs etc - and so do know what you are doing etc

Regards

F

Some nice actions last 20 mins - unfortunately just got a message to collect a friend from station - so will be out again

Interesting again with EU - will it stop at 22 - 19 or try 12 ??

GL with what you do next ;-)

Spent a few hours in Costa Coffee and shopping rather than earning any money off at the lovely PA we have had this last 4 hrs.

GU kept on going up but EU as been doing some stop hunts both ways - a double whammy.

When I left - i did not expect it to make a new low today - but instead stop above 3400 - with 3408 or 12 being favourite.

Instead under the 3400 to 3390 - all the Bears and their farms are in again thinking - yes a nice 50 -100 pip down rally on its way - and meanwhile all the Bulls have been stopped out after a 60 pip fall.

Some excuse is then used to bounce back up - and take out previous day's high and of course - an awful lot of Bear stops buy a 80 pip rise

Movement like that is just heaven for intraday short term traders ;-)) - but only when you are in front the screen and able to act on it - :-(( shame missed easy 20 -30 pips down and then at least 40 -60 on way up - but instead - - nothing / absolute zero - so no 200+ pip plus day in the end.

I notice on the EU - since the low on Nov 7th at 3293 area we have had HH's and HL's and this as happened again today. - but still need over 3520 for it be more convincing.

For all who think this is due to the hundreds of thousands of traders buying and selling and giving us this PA - well I am afraid to say you live in "cloud cuckoo" land with the regulators ;-)

Yes there is loads of buying and selling going on - but also manipulation - always aimed to giving false sentiment to catch the majority out .

With billions and loads of supercomputers - you too could also create it - but for us mere mortals - its best to just try and understand PA - at the sharp end or coalface ( ie small frames) and then take advantage of it - to "catch the waves and ride them" ;-)

Way past London close so not trading again now

Have a good evening and look forward to more bucking bronco action tomorrow

Regards

F

Last edited:
Hi MM - re your 2 questions -

EA - yes 8.55am was in the time window and i expect highs or lows to be stopping normally around 9 mins to hr - so high at 4479 at 8.49am and then by 8.51 am it was starting to fall and ideally you want to get in within as few as pips from top as possible and even at 8.55am it had dropped 5-6 pips - so it was ideal

For me I had scalp clues from 75/6 and was happy to enter - knowing I would just exit if I did not see any further fall . i never mind entering scalps and having to lose 1- 3 pips - but don't like seeing minus 5-7 pips - as that means I am too late getting out ;-)

Yesterday - I had 5 losses with 3 less than 3 pips - so hardly a worry but it showed I was not focused enough and not really in the zone ;-)

Second question - yes manipulation of some type - but you can never work out whether it will be a minor 10 -20 pips - or a big 30 -50 pips the wrong way - as we do not know were everybody's stops are etc. The liquidity providers might have the complete picture and they are in a position to use it to their advantage but will always be fairly random with their play - so to make sure traders cannot find similar patterns .

You are working against super computers etc - they have a massive advantage and can calculate info in nano seconds - that even a normal computer might need ages to figure out

i don't think nothing can be said to be reliable in forex trading - everything should be approx 50/50 over say 100's of events - just to make sure - you have nothing in isolation - but group all the clues together - then you might have a higher probability factor of over 70%

In terms of a stat's "cake" - 10% black - 10% white - and then 80% totally grey - just to make it difficult

Hope to see you around tomorrow

Regards

F

Morning Traders 7.01am UK time

EU - 3475-78 is am important price - below Eu may try down lower and is a scalp sell - above then its goes in to scalp buy land again. We have easily targets over 15 -20 pips either side for a start

U/Chf (swissy) key price area -9200 and 9204 - If price tries above this price area its entering scalp buy land - whereas below it is in down bias - but needs under 9140 and 36 to be holding any scalp sells on

GU - 6075 -80 - key area - tries above may lead to a break through R areas and then on to 6100+. below 6027 and 24 then back in scalp sells for 6000 - 05 support area

AU - 9320-25 price area support - we need to not breach if this pair wants to try up again higher again today - presently like EU in a scalp sell mode for this last 40 mins

EJ- bullish - but 134 30 /35 R area needs to be breached for more attempts up - supports 133.90 - 134.00 would need to be broken for lower

EA - 4425 -30 key price area - below more falls with targets of 4360 ish - but any breach above 30 then in scalp buy land again - with R's at 4450-60 .

Whilst EU and AU presently is scalp sells - the EA is in a scalp buy for now

More to follow

EU reached 20 pip target under 3475 at 3455 - worth taking 70% stake off and leaving 30% stake in with a stop in profit at 68

EU - I would like to scalp sell again under 60-62 . I have 30% left on scalp sell with stop in profit at 68. Over 65/68 would not enter another scalp sell - but up to say 63 yes - and hold if we breach low and try 50

EA - hitting key price area mentioned just after the hr. Its in a scalp buy but really need over 4430 to hold on longer - otherwise take part or all profit on any scalp buys

GU - In a fall last hour - but did not take it preferring EU and AU. Now on GU - scalp buy 6030 and 6033 but needs to stay above 24 for a turn to be tried.

Under 23 and 21 scalp sells again

EU 59 - still cannot scalp sell again - but would like to under 63 if I can - still have 30% scalp sell on with stop in profit at 68. Over 63 not scalp selling again - but will wait to see if other stop is taken out

EU - thats better - jsut touched 60 and then dropped now ideally need to scalp sell again at 57-59 - if not tested again- will have missed it and will have to wait

Eu - missed additional scalp sell - could not get my stop under 5 pips - so my rules are just ignore and then wait for next opportunity

Interesting EU low of 3450 need to be breached in under 9 mins now. If not could be a HL at 53 and then attempt up and a turn

London Open in approx 8 mins time - about for this one - so expecting trickery whilst many pairs at key turning points

GU - In a fall last hour - but did not take it preferring EU and AU. Now on GU - scalp buy 6030 and 6033 but needs to stay above 24 for a turn to be tried.

Under 23 and 21 scalp sells again

Posted approx 20 mins ago and scalp bought at 29 but need over 38 to hold - otherwise will just take profit

EU missed scalp buy - did not breach low - took rest of scalp sell off at 63 instead of leaving to be probably stopped at 68

Status
Not open for further replies.