Intraday Live short term trading calls from an Expert Retail Forex Trader

Status
Not open for further replies.
2.30 pm ish

EU at 3557 - either take 70% off scalp sells or all if you think we will test 82 again

I now realise 3582 is a strong Resistance - not just an interim session one

I am off out on school run again soon - so will take all off and similar on GU down to 52 - and I was late getting in that pair at 65 seeing if 60 would let go so even a 8 pip profit of GU is acceptable

Hope to be around later on - meanwhile - GL with next moves

Regards

F

Sorry - not focused last hr change - concentrated on EU and missed many other nice pullback etc

One example was the GU

High 6579 - prior to time window

HIgh in time window - - 6577/8 - ie a LH

2.01 pm price at 6574 an then by going under 72 it confirmed the sell .

Low so far 6561 - so approx 12 - 14 pips from main pullback and by then you would have taken 70% off - knowing as long as price stayed under 72-74 - it should fall again - but not necessary make a new low - that bit is the unknown - you have to then judge - is the fall strong enough to breach the interim support or not.

If it does - you make more money - if it does not you have 70% win in the bag and the 30% under 72 / 4 is still a profit .;-)

Hi Forexmospherian -- Been lurking a while on this thread and first time I've posted on here in quite a while so you must have something that interests me.

Firstly well done on deflecting all the bullets over the last few months , that takes some perseverance.

I can't see , unless I've missed it the process to send you a P.M. so have had to ask on here.

Re. gu above, I have read about your time window ( 9 minutes either side of the hour and the half hour right ? ) but exactly how do you use it ? Do you trade within these windows or keep out ? Also what is your reason for this ? I am guessing that you take greater importance of the price action within these windows than outside of them ? If you trade within these windows are you saying you never trade outside of them ?

Why does going under 72 confirm the trade short , why 72 specifically and where would you have got in to this trade had you been trading it ?

Apologies for all the questions , just interested in picking your brains.

Thank you in anticipation.

See MM - I make mistakes every day - even after 13k + live trades

Ej now at 66 and I took all off at 62 - should have left 70% on for now I reckon - but we are never going to be right all the while

Just be safe though:)

You dont make the howlers i keep making./
ok restarting the 1000 trades again. account got to 11 % plus but only from stupid mistakes that got lucky. other trades still roughly 50% correct so back to drawing.board again.

Hi Forexmospherian -- Been lurking a while on this thread and first time I've posted on here in quite a while so you must have something that interests me.

Firstly well done on deflecting all the bullets over the last few months , that takes some perseverance.

I can't see , unless I've missed it the process to send you a P.M. so have had to ask on here.

Re. gu above, I have read about your time window ( 9 minutes either side of the hour and the half hour right ? ) but exactly how do you use it ? Do you trade within these windows or keep out ? Also what is your reason for this ? I am guessing that you take greater importance of the price action within these windows than outside of them ? If you trade within these windows are you saying you never trade outside of them ?

Why does going under 72 confirm the trade short , why 72 specifically and where would you have got in to this trade had you been trading it ?

Hello. I think the ss at 14:01 was confirmed by the multi pivot line(mpl) at 699 letting go, but perhaps the best entry was 14:08 when price tried to break up thru |LR's and failing.14:09 gave us a lower high with fast lr crossing down thru longer LR. this is my uninformed guess

Last edited:

Hi KLW

No problems - i will try and explain it from a general over view and then it might raise more questions etc - depending on what level of trading you are at.

Basically my own criteria is to trade 5 days a week taking short term trades from say approx 6,30 / 7 00 am in the morning to normally 5 00 - 6 00 pm - but not spending those 12 hrs stuck glued to the screen

I am full time ( but semi retired as 60 yrs old this year) and don't mind spending 4 - 6 hrs most days trying to make over a minimum 50 pips per day from say on average 10 -20 trades.

I have found that rather than just enter a trade when the technicals line up on a chart - i prefer that this happens at a time window ( as you have mentioned)

So out of every 60 mins in the hour - I am looking at a key 36 min period to enter new trades and to exit. Normally I don't take above 3 or 4 trades in an hour - even on 2 or 3 pairs - and sometimes I can go an hour with only one opportunity.

I look upon the exact hr change and half hr change as being used as decision points and then the 9 mins either side - to either exit or enter.

So with the GU one - as an example the 6579 price just prior to the time window - was a benchmark price to check out - it was a new high and had risen encouraging more bulls to enter - but after any new high or low - you normally get a pull back

If its 2- 5 pips - only really scalpers would take - but if its say 7 - 15+ pips - then I want it - as it gives an RR of over 1 with a tight stop and in some cases it can be a RR of 3 ie 15 -17 pips - all within 10 -15 mins - excellent profitable efficient trade.

If i can get 10 or more of these a day i would be delighted - but being normal ( i think ) i do make mistakes and expect 1 to 3 bad trades a day - that I try and get out of as quickly as possible

On a really bad day i might need over 15 trades and have 4 wrong - to achieve my target

On a good day - i might do it in 2- 3 hrs on just 5 trades.

i don't stop if I make my target - i just take more care and reduce lot sizes and dont chase every scalp.

Remember besides time - my clues are from Linear Regression indicators - S & R's - PA - prior 10 min movement - news - gameplay etc etc

It really is a combination of things to achieve a high win ratio with tight stops - ask MM - he been trying my methods last 3 months - and some days - he's well on it - and gets over 80% wins on 20+ trades - and then other days - he might only just hit say 50% wins - simply because its like learning to juggle balls - 2 is easy - 3 is OK - 5 is difficult and 7+ takes a lot of skill and time to get there.

In conclusion - my time windows are just one part of the "clues" equation - its an important part - but so are HL's and HH's and others I have mentioned as well

Hope this helps and then please join in etc if you see a situation on any currency pair you need to see how I would judge it ;-))

Regards

F

PS - 72 was under a previous LH to previous 74 - so just extra confirmation for staying in the scalp sell

Last edited:
ok bloomin fxpro more inconsistencies.
somehow, i can now trade 100k vol on 10,000 gbp account, with an stop los of 10 pips and it tells me that equates to only 0.6 of account value!!!!
same account denomination as before, but before, 4 pips at 100k vol amounted to 1% ish.

Hi MM

Noticed AU as dropped all the way down to 8836/7 - ie the previous high from was it 2 days ago. Under 55 still a sell again but whether price tries under say 36 and 30 - i don't know yet ??

Finishing early today - as tired ( makes a change)

Will pop in later and glad you starting another 100 trades etc - I will tell you now - you are improving every week

Keep it up

Regards

F

Hi MM

Noticed AU as dropped all the way down to 8836/7 - ie the previous high from was it 2 days ago. Under 55 still a sell again but whether price tries under say 36 and 30 - i don't know yet ??

Finishing early today - as tired ( makes a change)

Will pop in later and glad you starting another 100 trades etc - I will tell you now - you are improving every week

Keep it up

Regards

F
i dont feel i am, but ty for the view, cant see wood trees etc from here

Andrews

Attachments

• ML.png
    ML.png
    223.8 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Hi KLW

No problems - i will try and explain it from a general over view and then it might raise more questions etc - depending on what level of trading you are at.

Basically my own criteria is to trade 5 days a week taking short term trades from say approx 6,30 / 7 00 am in the morning to normally 5 00 - 6 00 pm - but not spending those 12 hrs stuck glued to the screen

I am full time ( but semi retired as 60 yrs old this year) and don't mind spending 4 - 6 hrs most days trying to make over a minimum 50 pips per day from say on average 10 -20 trades.

I have found that rather than just enter a trade when the technicals line up on a chart - i prefer that this happens at a time window ( as you have mentioned)

So out of every 60 mins in the hour - I am looking at a key 36 min period to enter new trades and to exit. Normally I don't take above 3 or 4 trades in an hour - even on 2 or 3 pairs - and sometimes I can go an hour with only one opportunity.

I look upon the exact hr change and half hr change as being used as decision points and then the 9 mins either side - to either exit or enter.

So with the GU one - as an example the 6579 price just prior to the time window - was a benchmark price to check out - it was a new high and had risen encouraging more bulls to enter - but after any new high or low - you normally get a pull back

If its 2- 5 pips - only really scalpers would take - but if its say 7 - 15+ pips - then I want it - as it gives an RR of over 1 with a tight stop and in some cases it can be a RR of 3 ie 15 -17 pips - all within 10 -15 mins - excellent profitable efficient trade.

If i can get 10 or more of these a day i would be delighted - but being normal ( i think ) i do make mistakes and expect 1 to 3 bad trades a day - that I try and get out of as quickly as possible

On a really bad day i might need over 15 trades and have 4 wrong - to achieve my target

On a good day - i might do it in 2- 3 hrs on just 5 trades.

i don't stop if I make my target - i just take more care and reduce lot sizes and dont chase every scalp.

Remember besides time - my clues are from Linear Regression indicators - S & R's - PA - prior 10 min movement - news - gameplay etc etc

It really is a combination of things to achieve a high win ratio with tight stops - ask MM - he been trying my methods last 3 months - and some days - he's well on it - and gets over 80% wins on 20+ trades - and then other days - he might only just hit say 50% wins - simply because its like learning to juggle balls - 2 is easy - 3 is OK - 5 is difficult and 7+ takes a lot of skill and time to get there.

In conclusion - my time windows are just one part of the "clues" equation - its an important part - but so are HL's and HH's and others I have mentioned as well

Hope this helps and then please join in etc if you see a situation on any currency pair you need to see how I would judge it ;-))

Regards

F

PS - 72 was under a previous LH to previous 74 - so just extra confirmation for staying in the scalp sell

Thank you for the in-depth reply F.

I was aware of the hourly impact on trading, not so much the half hourly , I really just wanted to hear your explanation.

The 72 I was more interested in , I don't understand the

" PS - 72 was under a previous LH to previous 74 "

If you have any time could you please clarify ?

Thanks for the offer of further explanations maybe I just will ask.

Cheers for now.

OK 17:09 GU WE MADE A LL and possibly lh as i post. we are under my fave lr but very short term lr are not ideal yet for more down. staying short tho as hi from 16:30 still well in place

klw, this is probably wrong, but this is how i see it in retrospect(no way do i pick these out live!

Attachments

• klp.png
    klp.png
    68.3 KB · Views: 71
Status
Not open for further replies.