Intraday Live short term trading calls from an Expert Retail Forex Trader

Status
Not open for further replies.
EU

12 37 pm

To explain now what's next

My nearest and last interim high is 0840 - coming up to 60 min ago

My interim low is 0809/ 10 at midday - so over 30 mins ago

I therefore need to see a break of this 30 pip range - ie over 0843 and 50+ say for holding on to scalp buys above 0819

OR

Under 0805 and 0800 on scalp sells under 0819 etc

Until we break the range properly - then its a BTTZ - tease area - just scalp or sit on hands etc

In fact what will do next hour is post a AU chart and a EU chart - to show how the price structures and time levels were different etc - in fact AU was leading the falls out the 2

I posted this earlier on this morning after the drops

The AU led - and again as done for a turn back up from 12 30 pm

The EU price structure was different and also its waited for the US news at 1 30 pm in 5 mins time

The EU should try over 0843 and 50 - but remember nothing is 100% in trading - and at news times - anything goes - so I will wait and get more confirmations via more clue

R's above 0850 would be 60 and 70 / 75 and then 0890

Below 0819 and 08 then sells to test 0800 - 0790 / 80 etc

I posted this earlier on this morning after the drops

The AU led - and again as done for a turn back up from 12 30 pm

The EU price structure was different and also its waited for the US news at 1 30 pm in 5 mins time

The EU should try over 0843 and 50 - but remember nothing is 100% in trading - and at news times - anything goes - so I will wait and get more confirmations via more clue

R's above 0850 would be 60 and 70 / 75 and then 0890

Below 0819 and 08 then sells to test 0800 - 0790 / 80 etc

EU

1 41 pm

Past the end of TW from news

I have 0873/4 as the interim high so far

Price structure and PA is still scalp bullish for now above 0847 / 50 but 0875 and then 0890 will be difficult to breach for now

You cannot get away with tight stops at news - mainly due to 2 way spikes - but from when price stayed above 43 and 50 it was worth seeing if you could get a scalp for 10 -20 pips etc all within 4 mins

I will post my EU scalp chart next to show how I see the high and scalp sell come into play by end of TW

189196d1429879926-intraday-live-short-term-trading-calls-expert-retail-forex-trader-eu-news-scalp-1-30-1-39-pm-240415.png

Sorry chart did not come out too good

Key times shown 1 30 pm and 1 39 pm for the scalp sell

Attachments

• EU - News scalp 1 30 and 1 39 pm 240415.png
    EU - News scalp 1 30 and 1 39 pm 240415.png
    91.2 KB · Views: 538
Last edited:
EU

2 10 pm

Difficult here - a bit of a BTTZ

Above 0830 / 35 - scalp bullish and still a buy

BUT

Below 0860 - still in down mode from LH's from 0900 at 0873

SO

You scalp buy but remember if no over 0861 and 73 - then it back to selling again

Above 0861 / 73 and 0900 its easy - but will it get that far - Dont know atm

OK - more clues on time and levels on EU

2 21 pm price was lower than last high and 2 09 pm price - but still not under 0835 - the area we should have been scalp buying from prior to news and then after 2 00 pm

O866 either need to be breached by 2 39/41 pm - in within 30 mins for try higher

As I type this is being tried - but if we dont breach it my more than 3+ pips - its a false break and price will fall again

This all BTTZ area - designed to tease you and trick you out

Either just scalp it - or sit on hands and await for more clues and for us to come out of 0835 / 75 area

F,
Nice to see you back and as for gft, well a guy who says 'I can't look at screens very long, it's boring', is never going to trade anything like your methods or most others. Your patience was remarkable with the input you gave.

As for the latest points here, I think you have more than explained yourself and for some reason people keep trying to bait you. Ignore them. You openly say that people need 9 months and many hours a day to get an idea if it's for them and the people having a dig will not try that.

The comment about the 6 to 3 min abs is valid for many here i'm afraid, they want to get a great method for free in 1 hour and just print money. Easier than learning but will never happen.

Hope you had a good break and will pop in when I have time.

GL

Reactions: NVP
F,
Nice to see you back and as for gft, well a guy who says 'I can't look at screens very long, it's boring', is never going to trade anything like your methods or most others. Your patience was remarkable with the input you gave.

As for the latest points here, I think you have more than explained yourself and for some reason people keep trying to bait you. Ignore them. You openly say that people need 9 months and many hours a day to get an idea if it's for them and the people having a dig will not try that.

The comment about the 6 to 3 min abs is valid for many here i'm afraid, they want to get a great method for free in 1 hour and just print money. Easier than learning but will never happen.

Hope you had a good break and will pop in when I have time.

GL

Hi Nick

Thanks for the nice ( and constructive) comment

You are correct - my method is far from easy ( or simple) and ideally you need to be a problem solver with loads of patience to be able to take it on .

It does get easier down the line - but that's like after 2 or 3 yrs of doing it - then you can cherry pick and chose your own trading times etc etc

Thankfully Major Magnum had the patience and the determination etc - and the time to stick with it - but I know and he will tell you within the first 2 -3 months he was pulling his hair out and getting really frustrated etc etc

But then slowly - week after week - he started to follow more and slowly discovered it did make sense and it was all down to time spent understanding PA at the so called coalface etc etc

You are welcome to pop in when you want and any questions or heads up views etc on any currency pairs - I will gladly try and assist

Regards

F

Reactions: NVP
OK - more clues on time and levels on EU

2 21 pm price was lower than last high and 2 09 pm price - but still not under 0835 - the area we should have been scalp buying from prior to news and then after 2 00 pm

O866 either need to be breached by 2 39/41 pm - in within 30 mins for try higher

As I type this is being tried - but if we dont breach it my more than 3+ pips - its a false break and price will fall again

This all BTTZ area - designed to tease you and trick you out

Either just scalp it - or sit on hands and await for more clues and for us to come out of 0835 / 75 area

EU

Comment above from approx 30 mins ago

The interim high of 0865/66 was not breached by 2 40 pm and then we had the sell come in

We then dropped under 0835 - and clue to sell again and so far we have been down to 0816 and whilst we stay under say 27 - still in a scalp sell mode

We have news at 3 30 pm - will not be around for that - but will pop in later

GL

Get your levels and check the times etc etc next

EU

4 52 pm

Back for 30 mins

Low so far in US session of 0805 and latest high now at 0878 - so still a LH from this morning 0900 at 9 30 am - BUT - breached above last LH

Price structure for US session is bullish for me above 0840 and 50 and is still a scalp buy atm above 0862

I made the mistake of attempting to understand and got 'lost' :( :eek:

Sorry 'but' I 'also' think I've 'lost' some grey cells along the way. I must be getting old.

I think however, you would have been a FANTASTIC programmer F, with all the if/else, do/while, but/also loopy statements. I admire the flow of your logic because I personally do not understand it but as the system works for you - it must rock.

Best regards,

Hi Atilla

Cheers

I reckon I need to supply a pack of paracetamol to every trader who tries and understands my method - you are right - its complex and unfortunately - its not a simple black or white / yes or no flow / logic spread sheet

As long as the market moves currency pairs at least more than 10 pips every hour and broker spreads remain under max of 3 pips - then I will make money - even on just a 60% win ratio - although i much prefer win ratios over 75% and ideally 15 -25 pip multi moves every session ;-)

Like anything to do with trading - its never going to be 100% - but I can use the method any trading day - whether its ranging / consolidating or trending - bring it on - and i will try and grab as many positive pips as I can - without taking large risks and giving myself an headache ;)

Good Trading

Regards

F

F

This is an honest post to your early post, please take it as a constructive criticism.

Your way of trading will always have doubt, it is not clear even to a very open mind like myself, many times I asked you to post some historical charts (not live trades) with reasons but I never saw any, it seems you always have an answer but not any historical charts........ also your interpretation of a live call it is miles away of what a live call is....you also agreed in participating in a live call thread with rules determined by the majority of the member here on this forum, but you quickly bail out at your first trade and came out with one of your usual answer....

Now regarding MM, not sure what to think, yes it does show his statements, but many things can also be manipulated....I hope he is not.......beside this idea to make returns of about 30% a day is totally BS, I am a trader and trying to make consistently 0.5-2% per day it is not easy task.

Please understand where I am coming from, as you know I am not an hater, but I have my doubt and I like to keep them till I am proven wrongly which at the moment you do not.

Regards

Fzsy

Hi Fzsy

Sorry I did not get back to you earlier

I do understand your doubts and concerns - I think any intraday trader would have them - if they did not believe that basically every pip movement can nearly be followed through at busy session - using - PA / LR's / TL's / Intraday levels / Session price structure and of course TW's and time lapses.

I have given some great example of TW's and time lapses today on the AU and EU pairs - both on charts and with what I call Live Calls - ie calls in advance of the move completing -ie Sells on AU after 9 09 am this morning and then on EU after 9 30 am - and then buys after 12 30 am and followed with EU coinciding with 1 30 pm news - ( all time are UK time with it now being approx 7 20 pm )

Lets break it down and see if you agree with parts of the methodology -

ie Do you agree that its possible to take between 10 and 20 trades a full day - based over 8 to 12 hrs ??

Do you agree with my win ratios - based on lots of 100 trades - with a low average of 62% and high of 85 -87% ??

Do you believe even if I have 4 or more bad losing trades in a day - I can still make a profit by end of day ??

Do you agree that I can work on stops of between 3 and 7 pips with average on main EU / GU / EJ / AU pairs being 5 pips ??

Have you ever come across another FX intraday trader who uses time and time lapses ( 30 min rules ) like me ??

What do you think is my main trading edge ??

As I already mentioned - Major Magnums results over last 6 months or so have been off a Live capital account with real money and are not fakes - in any format - but with regards to 30% a day - yes thats possible and even can be easily exceeded on small capital accounts - ie

Even at just 2% stakes - if he takes 20 trades and wins on 16 of them and he has some trades with RR's of 4 or even higher - its easy to make 30% - in fact several days early on in the year he took a £1000 live account up to over £1300 and £1500 in a session - I just dont see a problem when you multi trade with tight stops and use that size stakes.

As you know my stake sizes range from 0.2 % to 0 6 % max as on a larger capital account - but a very good day for me can be over 5% - and thats with me being cautious

Looking forward to you answering my questions - and then I will explain more how its all possible.

Finally - I should have an answer for everything on FX Intraday trading - if I can't come up with an answer after over 17000 live scalps / trades - surely nobody can

I know you are not an hater - and so therefore want to try and explain more for you to test yourself and try out

Hope that helps for now

Regards

F -

Hi Fzsy

Sorry I did not get back to you earlier

I do understand your doubts and concerns - I think any intraday trader would have them - if they did not believe that basically every pip movement can nearly be followed through at busy session - using - PA / LR's / TL's / Intraday levels / Session price structure and of course TW's and time lapses.

I have given some great example of TW's and time lapses today on the AU and EU pairs - both on charts and with what I call Live Calls - ie calls in advance of the move completing -ie Sells on AU after 9 09 am this morning and then on EU after 9 30 am - and then buys after 12 30 am and followed with EU coinciding with 1 30 pm news - ( all time are UK time with it now being approx 7 20 pm )

Lets break it down and see if you agree with parts of the methodology -

ie Do you agree that its possible to take between 10 and 20 trades a full day - based over 8 to 12 hrs ??

YES

Do you agree with my win ratios - based on lots of 100 trades - with a low average of 62% and high of 85 -87% ??

YES

Do you believe even if I have 4 or more bad losing trades in a day - I can still make a profit by end of day ??

I CANNOT TELL THAT, HERE MANY FACTORS HAVE AN INFLUENCE

Do you agree that I can work on stops of between 3 and 7 pips with average on main EU / GU / EJ / AU pairs being 5 pips ??

SEEMS A BIT TO MANY PAIRS, BUT I THINK IT COULD BE POSSIBLE

Have you ever come across another FX intraday trader who uses time and time lapses ( 30 min rules ) like me ??

NO

What do you think is my main trading edge ??

NO, STUBBORNNESS IS YOUR MAIN TRADING EDGE. TIME WINDOW ARE A BIT LIKE FIBO LEVELS, IF IS NOT THE 23 MUST BE THE 38 OR 50, 62, 78, 88, 100........

As I already mentioned - Major Magnums results over last 6 months or so have been off a Live capital account with real money and are not fakes - in any format - but with regards to 30% a day - yes thats possible and even can be easily exceeded on small capital accounts - ie

Even at just 2% stakes - if he takes 20 trades and wins on 16 of them and he has some trades with RR's of 4 or even higher - its easy to make 30% - in fact several days early on in the year he took a £1000 live account up to over £1300 and £1500 in a session - I just dont see a problem when you multi trade with tight stops and use that size stakes.

As you know my stake sizes range from 0.2 % to 0 6 % max as on a larger capital account - but a very good day for me can be over 5% - and thats with me being cautious

Looking forward to you answering my questions - and then I will explain more how its all possible.

Finally - I should have an answer for everything on FX Intraday trading - if I can't come up with an answer after over 17000 live scalps / trades - surely nobody can

I know you are not an hater - and so therefore want to try and explain more for you to test yourself and try out

Hope that helps for now

Regards

F -

Hi F

Thanks for your post.

Just got up, the girls just came back from the Anzac Day 100 years.......

I did mention before that I would not make another post of this subject but I will answer your questions for respect and it may also help you clarify a few points. (see in red).

Myself I am very happy the way I trade, I am getting better at it every day, during my session I will have about 2 to 4 which I consider high probability trades with 80% wins, I risk 1% per 10 pips and seems averaging 20 pips per day is the norm.

I do believe you are an honest person and you mean business, but I cannot invest time on something that is not clear to me, as you can see I am doing not that bad and I prefer sharpen my own pencils.

Said that, I always have an open mind, maybe I will enjoy your way better than mine, you never know....

Best way to get me get involved or maybe others too is to post at the end of the day only on an EU chart your historical trades (not arrows) with entry, exit and reasons as I do with my journal, or as Sniper does or Bob Volman at the end of the week. It help others better understand the process of your thought together with all the technicality.

Have a nice WE

Fugazsy

Last edited:
Just been going through many of the other threads and posts I have missed whilst being away.

Sad to see NVP as taken time out from the forum.

I appreciate he was busy with his projects etc - but I really do hope he "takes the plunge" this year and gives it say 3 or 6 months as a full time intraday trader.

I have emailed his main "open " email address - to let him know I would be quite happy to offer him trading support and guidance if he does take go full time - It's a lonely business and you do need an helping hand and someone to talk to whilst you get yourself established and into your own "working pattern "

I still try and pretend I am in a full time job - ie wanting to put in a minimum 7 hrs a day of work spread over a 10 -12 hr period and that fact that only adds up to approx 35 hrs in a trading week - that's like part time compared to my previous business career.

I try and fit my normal life around intraday trading - but if I need a few hours off for any appointments etc - I take it - similar if I want the afternoon off etc. However I am very disciplined and therefore only have a few hours off in the afternoon if I am in profit for the morning session.

To derive a livable income from intraday trading - you do need consistency .

For me its no good having a great day and earning a few thousand pounds and then having 2 losing days - even if its only or a few hundred . Losing days will happen until you are really experienced and very consistent - might take 2 or 3k of live intraday trades to get there - but then you find your own level

This last few years I have found it easy to always make over 30 pips a day - and so increased by daily target to 50 pips. I might need just 6 trades - I might need 15 trades - it all depends on the market and how the session pans out. I never stop just at 51 or 60 pips - but I am disciplined to stop if I then have 3 or more consecutive losses and drop back 10 or 12 pips. If all carries OK I might have a 100 or even 200 pip day - purely because some of the trades I have left on with part stakes and stops in profits end up in nice rallies.

I will be going into some more details from the points Fugazsy has raised during the weekend - so more to follow

Its nice to just have one day back at my desk and then the weekend - enjoy yours ;-)

Regards

F

Had ta pop in say hello sir. See yer still takin the long view.

Good Morning Pat

The "long view " ? - if you mean my intraday trading style - then yes anything lasting over 30 mins seems more like fortune telling for me ;-)). Even 4 hr / 8 + hr rallies in one direction have retrace opportunities for RR's of anything from 2 to 4 with tight stops - so if they are there - why not "have em "

I must ask you an important question Pat

With a nic like Pat Riley - and constant connection to the Emerald Isle - and also being a very intelligent person who seems to know an awful lot about this "industry" - might you not be Irish at all ??

Enjoy your "globe trotting" and please keep us all entertained - you have even got me thinking I must visit Mexico City - and previous to your praise of it - it would have been on my bucket list of places never to even go to ;-)

All the best

Regards

F

Status
Not open for further replies.