Intraday Live short term trading calls from an Expert Retail Forex Trader

Status
Not open for further replies.
not at all lol
cant get organized timewise somehow...
but still better then a friend of mine loosing 3k of his client's money :-(

Yes - nothing in terms of zero gain - is better than a loss

If you need any help on the FX side etc on intraday - etc on time management side as well as other tips - quite happy to help

Regards

F

I basically started scalp buying the EU above 0600 and then after any good buy scalp would leave 30% stake on

This meant as long as i could keep the stop in a a bit of profits -(2 -5 pips) - even if scalp sold against the 30% buy - as long as we did not go under the stop - I would still be in a buy.

About 8 scalp buys later - I left one on after news at above at above 0650 and then added to it with more 30% stakes off a couple more scalp buys in suitable TW's

I have finally been taken out of all of them after the 170 pip pullback from high - got none left now at 800 or lower so my days over - but yes its been a cracker - although all trades after FOMC news on EU / GU and Uchf all on smaller stake size than in my main session - just as a precaution

Normally a 30% trades can be from 1 lot $10 up to maximum $25 per pip

all the ones after news were on just $6 per pip - so nothing like a $50 + scalp trade but still - all adds up

I hope you too have had a cracking day - as I knew from the other day you favoured longs on EU when you mentioned your targets etc etc

I agree with you if you can combine more than one way of trading - ie say scalping / intraday and also swing - you end up with the best of both worlds(y)

Regards

F

WD F.

Yes with swing trading the SL is a bit larger, need a bit of space to breath.....but worthwhile, there are many days with small losses and small wins, patience is needed for the day like this, but also for lesser move, much easier to trade, myself I take the trade with SL and focus on the scalping side and leave it till the end of the day, not trailing and no TP, TP is timing, so either stopped out or exit end of day.

There are numerous ways this can be done, I use my personalise way, I think a good one is "30 minutes break out system" learned from jake bernstein, maybe nowdays it can changed into 15 minutes.

Last edited:
Yes - nothing in terms of zero gain - is better than a loss

If you need any help on the FX side etc on intraday - etc on time management side as well as other tips - quite happy to help

Regards

F

i TRULY SINCERELY appreciate your kindness.
if there is a rain-check available, i am locking it in a armored safe.
tw's and 30 min break/no break rule is already assisting me well.always try to keep them in mind,,even when back tetsting.
i have some works in progress,,,as always.
i hope i make it pro before u wrap up yr active trading :)

...EU moved up 170 pips to 0800... Got a few ;-) - but only 30% stakes with stops in profit...

Nice! Think we were in the same trade F... was all pretty hectic but took this screenshot for you while it was running. Anyway, hope you all had a good evening. I'm both tired & wired lol. Need another beer I think ;).

Attachments

• fomc.jpg
    fomc.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 93
i TRULY SINCERELY appreciate your kindness.
if there is a rain-check available, i am locking it in a armored safe.
tw's and 30 min break/no break rule is already assisting me well.always try to keep them in mind,,even when back tetsting.
i have some works in progress,,,as always.
i hope i make it pro before u wrap up yr active trading :)

Well I hope I am still trading a couple more years full time and I wish you well on your journey

Regards

F

Nice! Think we were in the same trade F... was all pretty hectic but took this screenshot for you while it was running. Anyway, hope you all had a good evening. I'm both tired & wired lol. Need another beer I think ;).

I had not really expected to see that carrying on for a few hours - but really pleased I had not stopped early today

I could have the day off tomorrow ...................... - but no - can't do that lol

Good trading DJ

Regards

F

I had not really expected to see that carrying on for a few hours - but really pleased I had not stopped early today

I could have the day off tomorrow ...................... - but no - can't do that lol

Good trading DJ

Regards

F

I don't think any of us saw that USD crash coming F to be honest. When it hit, the algos went wild, & twitter/IM activity & my screens went crazy :). Anyway, some great opportunities. Have a good one. Cheers DJ.

Last edited:
F, a quick question please.
Having read a fair bit more of your threads, I note that you had a downswing when you traded your highest stake, happens a lot believe me.
Do you feel that at your current stakes allows easier access to and from the market and if your stakes were much higher that your scalping in particular would be hampered by a lack of liquidity/platform access?
If so what stake/level would you feel is optimal for ease of trading without this issue?
As you seem to have a lot of experience with many providers, are they all similar in facilitating as above?
Thanks and appreciate you will be busy most of the day, so happy to get a response whenever.
Hopefully I will try to contribute when I feel I am more up to speed.
Enjoyable reading and spectating for me, thanks.
Nick

F any answer on that, if you get a chance.
Thanks

Thursday 17th March - Pre Opens

Good Morning to all FX Intraday traders

What a day yesterday !!!

I can see the dollar as gained some strength over the last 4 -5 hrs - leading to large pullbacks on the EU / GU / AU etc

I hope even if you did not end up with hundreds of pips - you managed to at least have a good profitable day and took advantage of the 2 hours or so of big movements after the FOMC news

Got to check out all the calender for today again now

6 21 am and 6 30 am have already started my first scalps of the day

Have another good one - and all FX questions etc welcome as well as all your own thoughts and forecasts etc etc.

Good Trading

Regards

F

6 43 am

I will start off as normal covering a few key pairs - but will mention the scalp buy on the GU from 4892/3 taken just after 6 30 am

I am also in the EU scalp buy - but the GU one as just made a 15 pip rise - and i am out with 12 pips and left nothing on it

EU meanwhile in the similar time of approx 12 mins made me 10 pips after a 14 pip gain

Not left any 30% on either - but now thinking maybe I should have on the EU ?

EU

6 48am

Since approx 5 00 am the EU as risen from 0758 to now 0788 - approx 30 pips with 15 of those pips in last 15 mins

Under 0850 and 0830 we are in a down session price structure with main supports from 0725 to 0750 area

So really a 100 pip range to potter around in for a start

EU

6 52 am

If you stick an up trendline on a 1 min chart from 0758 to 0770 and extrapolate it you will get the dynamic support needed to assist further rises above 0790 + etc

We will have obstacles such as 0800 and 0810 if we so breach above 90 - and of course under the TL it favours scalp sells down to 55 -65 support areas

UChf

6 58am

After a fall during the US session of over 400 pips - the swissy as seen the dollar regain approx 290 pips of the drop and above 9800 and 9825 i have the pair in a session up bull trend

Its needs above 9935 and 50 to stay with scalp buys as thats the R area - and if it cannot breach through - it wall fall back and test supports again - initially around 9900 area

European Open now and noticed the UCad still falling from after 6 30 am and for now under 2610 its still a scalp sell - but for how long - dont know atm

Status
Not open for further replies.