Intraday Live short term trading calls from an Expert Retail Forex Trader

Status
Not open for further replies.
EU

4 34pm

Might need another 20 mins to try another high over 0653/4 - or that might be it this hour and we test lower supports at 0620 or even lower

Did not need another 20 mins - breached up over last high after 10 mins and before an hour

So did AU and GU

Nice movements last hour or so

Right I need to head off to prepare for FOMC. For those of you trading it good luck (& be careful!).

From the 5 30 pm TW we have seen turns again and out of 3 x 30% trades now

Will just see what happens at 6 00 pm and then will look again for 6 30 pm

For most of the day the dollar as been weak - so is this a set up pre FOMC to buy the dollar again from a lower price ??

In the end EU made 0669 just before 5 30 pm and now ideally need to see if we can buy again above 0620 or 30 area

This can all change for FOMC

GL

6 35 PM

EU

moved up 170 pips to 0800

Got a few ;-) - but only 30% stakes with stops in profit

GU

Up 200 pips - same

Uchf 140 pip drop - same but out before others

AU -only 100 pip rise and had not bothered as too much going on to try and even manage - although once you have a stop in profit you can switch off more

Off for tea and back later just to check out

8 34pm

Still got a couple of trades on 30% and stops in profit.

Just a case of moving the stops up every 20 -40 mins etc

From news release

EU now up over 400 pips - but no longer in after it pulled back from 1030 area back under 900

GU - up over 450 pips from news - again out after a 120 + pip pullback

Uchf - dropped over 320 pips - out of that before 7 30 pm

Other pairs did not bother trading but all massive moves from afternoon US session

Anybody would think there was some stop hunting going on - lol

Checking back again next hr

F

is your 30% still running? Good move.

I basically started scalp buying the EU above 0600 and then after any good buy scalp would leave 30% stake on

This meant as long as i could keep the stop in a a bit of profits -(2 -5 pips) - even if scalp sold against the 30% buy - as long as we did not go under the stop - I would still be in a buy.

About 8 scalp buys later - I left one on after news at above at above 0650 and then added to it with more 30% stakes off a couple more scalp buys in suitable TW's

I have finally been taken out of all of them after the 170 pip pullback from high - got none left now at 800 or lower so my days over - but yes its been a cracker - although all trades after FOMC news on EU / GU and Uchf all on smaller stake size than in my main session - just as a precaution

Normally a 30% trades can be from 1 lot $10 up to maximum $25 per pip

all the ones after news were on just $6 per pip - so nothing like a $50 + scalp trade but still - all adds up

I hope you too have had a cracking day - as I knew from the other day you favoured longs on EU when you mentioned your targets etc etc

I agree with you if you can combine more than one way of trading - ie say scalping / intraday and also swing - you end up with the best of both worlds(y)

Regards

F

Status
Not open for further replies.