Intraday Live short term trading calls from an Expert Retail Forex Trader

Status
Not open for further replies.
yet another day of losing overall. Despite making some good entries and exits, my losses are more often than not overwhelming any gains. Good entry points seem to pass in a moment yet opportunities for bad entry points exist for far longer. i cannot seem to get over these probabilities.

yet another day of losing overall. Despite making some good entries and exits, my losses are more often than not overwhelming any gains. Good entry points seem to pass in a moment yet opportunities for bad entry points exist for far longer. i cannot seem to get over these probabilities.

Hi MM

You answer yourself in your question posed ie

Good entry points seem to pass in a moment yet opportunities for bad entry points exist for far longer. i cannot seem to get over these probabilities

ie - BTTZ areas

Then next clue - how many scalps you average per hr ?

Normally your busy hrs will end with losses - as you tend to over scalp

Pace yourself (y)

Regards

F

All the action seemed to be after 8 09am and end of 8 00 pm TW - 1 hr after first news

With regards to the number of scalps you have taken today MM - check out when you were profitable etc

ie I average approx 10 -20 scalps per day.

If I had say 9 or 12 wins in a row - normally I would not carry on - or ensure my next 3 scalps I could only lose 10 pips max - otherwise I would stop for day

If I have got to say 10 scalps and 3 or 4 have been wrong - unless one of two of the other 6 /7 winners have given me over say 15 or 20 pips - I need to carry on - until I have a better win ratio or one of two trades at least given me 3 -4 times what i might lose - ie 15+ pips

A classic example would be a normal day of 13 -15 scalps with 3 wrong and over 50 pips

its no good me taking 20 + scalps and not having over 50 pips

Similar the win correlations as you know are not linear - they decline over time and focus - ie after 6 hrs I will not be performing as well as after 1 or 2 hrs normally

That's why I rarely go over 20 trades - with the exceptions being when its a real busy day and I am on a roll - ie July 4th 2013 and 24 trades and 407 pips in total

I just hope today MM - you have not been up say 25 or 30+ pips - and then lost them over another 6 or more scalps going wrong ??

I think its an area to fine tune and for you to pace yourself better - ie less than 4 trades per hr - ideally on 1 or 2 and not taking 40 + scalps a day etc - as you lose focus and you will be hitting BTTZ areas for maybe a few hrs over the day

Hope that helps

Regards

F

Thursday 18th September 2014 - Pre Opens

Good Morning all FX intraday Traders

Today is very important for Great Britain with Scotland Independence date

Expect a lot of false movements during the day on the GU and other Pound cross pairs - simply because today is a great excuse for catching all traders out with a perfect excuse etc

Normal stuff - updates and reviews on the pairs I plan to intraday trade

Please refresh the page every 30 seconds to keep up with all the comments in busy times

Also today - I might not be able to comment at times as one of my computers I use to blog on ( this one ) is playing up - and I need to either change it or get it checked out

Thankfully my trading computers and screens - seem to be all OK (y)

OK - have a great day

Regards

F

EU

7 04 am

Down yesterday evening to a new low at 2835 area - also a double bottom within 1 pip after midnight and then a bounce back up to the 2873 area before a HL at 2853

Since the 6 00 am TW we have had a scalp buy from 55 ish and now need to see over 2880 to hold it on and make a HH again

2870 -80 is now a R area - so would expect initial difficulty and so may be out scalp buy at 68 to 73 - looking for a scalp sell down to say 58 -60 - before a possible further scalp buy to test 70 -80

Any fall dropping under 2850 and then under 2833 would be holding scalp sells for lower and a test of 2820 before the big number at 2800

GU

had to repost this comment from 10 mins ago - as computer playing up and dying ( sods law )

From 6 21 am and approx 6260 we had the first play - with a big money buy dump

Price rose approx 60 pips in 30 mins, Did not catch half of it from 6 41 am - - but a lovely start for the morning

Be careful on the GU today - it will probably be my favourite - as I expect a lot of action over next 24 hrs - most of it false ;-)

GU

Basically we know if we get a NO vote - the GU should see a price rise - maybe back to 6500 area - but in the heat of battle - we could even see above 6600 etc

But meanwhile - whilst the YES vote could have a chance of winning - this throws in uncertainty - and therefore a perfect excuse to stick on large sells trying to get back down under 6000 to say 5700 - 5900 area

Normally you expect at least 200+ pip moves to take out larger stops - and in 2010 for last UK election day we had 600 pip moves that day and 1000 pip moves on the GJ - yes - all due to uncertainty - the players favourite excuse ;-)

EJ

7 28 am

This pair as been bullish and made 140 07 area this morning before pulling back to 139 86

Still in session bull mode above 139 65 - so look to re buy lower but under 65 and 60 - be in scalp sells for a larger fall

We now need to see above 140 10 and 25 whilst ideally staying above 70 /75

7 32 am

EU now at 2975 area - still in scalp buy and not been able to scalp sell yet - but 70 -80 is a R area and unless we clear over say 83 - I expect pullbacks soon

Above 2883 and 90 would hold scalp buys

No 83 - will be looking for scalp sells to re scalp buy around 2860 to 65 area

Under 60 and 50 stay with scalp sells for now - but we should not drop that low for now

GU

It does have good supports now in the 6275 -85 area - and use that area as like a line in the sand

Above - we should be able to favour scalp buys for back over 6300

Under hold scalp sells to test 6260 area again

EU

7 39 am

Stopped at 2882

I am out scalp buys - but can scalp buy again above 2870 or of we now go over 86

Under 73 and 67 favours more scalp sells for now

Morning Pete ( thats the referendum vote in ballot box ) did you go long on EU 7.20 am bar ???

Morning BP

Could have done - but was already in a scalp buy before hand and did not load up on it at 7 20 am but did at 7 22 am

I could scalp buy again here at 79 now - but out for 30 mins dropping son off

Now above 74 still scalp buys - but we do need now to see over 85 and 90 to hold scalp buys on longer

Have a good day and see you in a bit

Status
Not open for further replies.