Great Depression 2 - Short trade of a Lifetime - preps start now

deadbroke, I think it is very clear by now (specially after closing yesterday) that somebody (US government perhaps) is not letting the market going down the way it should. Is being kept on green, for sure artifcially, but that is the way it is and there is nothing we can do.

In any case I don't see any logic in the chart analysis you do, there are only random lines going down which may or may not happen. But there is no substance behind your predictions.

Let's assume you are right in your predictions. Even then, the big crash is not going to happen, at least until November 2012. The amount of liquidity (money printed by CBs is infinite) and the volume in the exchanges is tiny, at decades low. So it takes very little effort by the banks to keep the markets up. They are now joint by the hip with the governments, so consider these two entities only one.

If this trade really exists and is not on paper, I advise you to close it as soon as possible, there is no need to show us something is not going to happen. I hope one day you can prove I am wrong, believe me I will be the first to comeback here to congratulate you. But in the meantime let's stop this thread which is going nowhere.

Good luck.

deadbroke:

Bulletin boards are a magnificent place for only one reason - to place a thermometer up the HERD's rectum and thereby glean clues as to Tops/Bottoms.
One knows that whatever comes out the rectum is unadulterated, sublime efluvium; nevertheless one can discern clues from such rancid behaviour. :):D:LOL:

especially love this comment, "somebody (US government perhaps) is not letting the market going down the way it should. Is being kept on green, for sure artifcially, but that is the way it is and there is nothing we can do"

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

by your own rules you should be exiting the trade now. you said mental stop above last years highs..we are trading higher. nice 1000+ point loss there! congrats

deadbroke: Nobody at bulletin boards ever sees anything coming

Q.E.D.

Deadbroke

I find your continual boasting extremely mystifying :rolleyes:

You called short and started trading it at around the 12050 - 12100 level which is just where we are sitting now. So you've just got back to where you started with a pretty massive adverse excursion in between.

If you regard all that as something to boast about then it's a pretty feeble boast don't you think?

The HERD - character traits of individual members

They NEVER come back to admit they were wrong!

That's why they earn my utmost derision.

Q.E.D.

end of story

market analysis and calls now proceed after this intermission to recap and peruse the pertinent SENTIMENT points of this thread.

INTERMISSION OVER

:):):)

Deadbroke

You called short and started trading it at around the 12050 - 12100 level which is just where we are sitting now. So you've just got back to where you started with a pretty massive adverse excursion in between.

If you regard all that as something to boast about then it's a pretty feeble boast don't you think?

Mystifying? Hardly.

Bottomline:

I turned a huge mistake, my worst trading EVER and worst ANAL-YSIS EVER, my worst trading nightmare EVER with staggering losses that I was sitting on for months - into a nett positve gain. Never mind the opportunity cost of the 5 months, the point is a huge loss became a gain.

In this one 5-month trading episode I therefore did not break my cardinal rule:

Do not lose money - the longer you don't lose money the longer you can stay in the game and therefore have a shot at figuring out better strategies so you can have a better shot at winning. Accomplished!

Deadbroke

Another point, your excellency .... I hope you are a little smarter than the clowns and imbeciles who flood your board - lambs to the slaughter who arrive by the hundreds per day at Elitetrader and here.

>>>>>> You called short and started trading it at around the 12050 - 12100 level which is just where we are sitting now. So you've just got back to where you started with a pretty massive adverse excursion in between. <<<<<<

So nice of you to ignore the 250k short placed right on the very day of the TOP.
That got me into profits way way way before the paltry numbers you wrote.

:)

Another point, your excellency .... I hope you are a little smarter than the clowns and imbeciles who flood your board - lambs to the slaughter who arrive by the hundreds per day at Elitetrader and here.

>>>>>> You called short and started trading it at around the 12050 - 12100 level which is just where we are sitting now. So you've just got back to where you started with a pretty massive adverse excursion in between. <<<<<<

So nice of you to ignore the 250k short placed right on the very day of the TOP.
That got me into profits way way way before the paltry numbers you wrote.

:)

No, I don't ignore that and I'm pleased for you that the addition to your losing trades got you into profit and expunged all the losses you had suffered up 'til then. Lucky you :)

The fact remains that you called short getting on for five months before the market chose to obey you and it has only just reached back to the point where you called it. Good for you if you have made money on the way, either by reckless trading and good fortune or by superb judgement, but I don't think you have much to crow about.

jon

No, I don't ignore that and I'm pleased for you that the addition to your losing trades got you into profit and expunged all the losses you had suffered up 'til then. Lucky you :)

The fact remains that you called short getting on for five months before the market chose to obey you and it has only just reached back to the point where you called it. Good for you if you have made money on the way, either by reckless trading and good fortune or by superb judgement, but I don't think you have much to crow about.

jon

You said it yourself - the market OBEYED me!!!!!!! It took 5 months but you gottta admit that getting the mighty Dow to obey is a tall order.

But bow he did and kneel he did - and only to deadbroke.

Next cop, please. :)

You said it yourself - the market OBEYED me!!!!!!! It took 5 months but you gottta admit that getting the mighty Dow to obey is a tall order.

But bow he did and kneel he did - and only to deadbroke.

Next cop, please. :)

"Every day I assume every position I have is wrong."
The 15 Best Things Paul Tudor Jones Has Ever Said About Trading - Business Insider

"Losers average losers."
The 15 Best Things Paul Tudor Jones Has Ever Said About Trading - Business Insider

"Where you want to be is always in control, never wishing, always trading, and always, first and foremost protecting your butt."

"At the end of the day, the most important thing is how good are you at risk control."

"Don't be a hero. Don't have an ego.
Always question yourself and your ability.
Don't ever feel that you are very good.
The second you do, you are dead"

Paul Tudor Jones - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Losers average losers."

"Where you want to be is always in control, never wishing, always trading, and always, first and foremost protecting your butt."

"At the end of the day, the most important thing is how good are you at risk control."

replied to in the Syria thread and repeated here ......

My opinion? Its a good post, but is meant for priests, bishops and holy-shmollies aka new traders. All good advice akin to being in school.

Then you graduate to being "deadbroke" - meaning this .....

you sh*tcan all these theories, books and whatnot, straight out the fc*in window and then you develop your own style, become your own man, leave the so-called experts behind and walk your own road.

That in essence is the deadbroke road

replied to in the Syria thread and repeated here ......

My opinion? Its a good post, but is meant for priests, bishops and holy-shmollies aka new traders. All good advice akin to being in school.

Then you graduate to being "deadbroke" - meaning this .....

you sh*tcan all these theories, books and whatnot, straight out the fc*in window and then you develop your own style, become your own man, leave the so-called experts behind and walk your own road.

That in essence is the deadbroke road

No its PTJ's own trading philosophy.
It also happens to be good advice.

"Losers average losers."

>>>> ]"Every day I assume every position I have is wrong." <<<<<

deadbroke:

I don't do any such thing. But when I spot a position is right, I pour on the coal like a fiend.

As with the Dow trade when I spot a position that's wrong and add to it, it is without coal.

"Losers average losers."

>>>>>> "Losers average losers." <<<<<<<

left-click\send to\recycle Bin :whistling

When I sense a TURN I average like a motherf****er.

"Losers average losers."

>>>>>> "Where you want to be is always in control, never wishing, always trading, and always, first and foremost protecting your butt." <<<<<<

Circular motion with the right hand!!!!! :whistling

When the TURN is sensed I go all out - no defensive posture whatsoever - I'm 100% on the offense and my passing game is in high gear.

Its called UNABASHEDLY TAKING THE SHOT WITH ALL ONE'S WHEN IT COMES A-KNOCKING

"Losers average losers."

>>>>>> "At the end of the day, the most important thing is how good are you at risk control." <<<<<<<

= how good a pu**y you are.

When the opportuntiy presents itself you go with all you got. F*ck the risk control.
The risk is all in the opponent's as*.

>>>>>> "At the end of the day, the most important thing is how good are you at risk control." <<<<<<<

= how good a pu**y you are.

When the opportuntiy presents itself you go with all you got. F*ck the risk control.
The risk is all in the opponent's as*.

So PTJ and many others are wrong?

"Losers average losers."

>>>>>> "Don't be a hero. Don't have an ego.
<<<<<<<

Circular motion with the right hand!!!! :whistling

Rewritten the deadbroke way:

BE a total motherf**ker, have a giant ego, this is about winning and winning bigtime. Do not question yourself and your ability!!! Know your ability and power and keep your own counsel!! Know that you are very good and that when you run up against resistance its only YOUR NEXT LEVEL OF PLAY that you need to ascend to.

Ever so humbly submitted to the flocks of sheep at this site. If this site was powered by women I'd be getting blo*n all day long. :whistle:whistling:whistling