FX Trading May 14 - 18

This Week Cable will

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have set a target of about 150-200 pips per week on cable, so thats my baseline.
I am wary of over-trading to hit my (arbitrary) targets, and also aware I am pulling my punches and bailing out when it could have run further.
also, nasty whippy days like yesterday do my MAs no favours at all.

mind you, I am catching up on a lot of reading!

EDIT:another problem is surfing the web for more trading strategies, whiling away the time, and they seem so much better!! ( but only in hindsight).
I am beginning to understand why they say trading is predominantly "all in the mind".

hope you are faring well JTrader.

EDIT2: crap!! I got out at 830 for +16 as above, but cable is now at 910!! missed out on another 20 pips.

I know exactly what you mean about greener grass etc.

I'm completely abandonning (trying to) targets in my psyche, although i have a non-binding idea of what would be good. Targets as you will know can create pressure, and possible rash entries chasing targets if underperforming on that day.

Now, I like to calculate, what i should have made in a day had i followed the plan, V's what i actually made. In theory, they should match or be very close, but at present this is seldom the case :rolleyes: .

I know exactly what you mean about greener grass etc.

I'm completely abandonning (trying to) targets in my psyche, although i have a non-binding idea of what would be good. Targets as you will know can create pressure, and possible rash entries chasing targets if underperforming on that day.

Now, I like to calculate, what i should have made in a day had i followed the plan, V's what i actually made. In theory, they should match or be very close, but at present this is seldom the case :rolleyes: .

I think we are going to have a quick dip in cable followed by a rise to 1.9875 regions perhaps test 1.99 again.

On the whole feeling bullish on cable towards the latter part of the week.

However, will not trade as working on the DOW at the mo.

Good luck everyone.

Eeks, first time ive manged to get on the site today.. still have a short signal from this am 1.9863/66 which at the mo is still suggesting no upside yet... so holding short waiting for a long if it comes.

Just looking at things for the long side would be some solid closes low/mid 1.9830's , then best entry from that. 1.9815 ish, doable ?

At this stage there seems no real ummphf to drive into the 830's, boring sods. I'll have to wait until that happens before getting twitchy for a long.

Another reject of 1.9830, not good for longs yet, I think.

Last edited:
long audusd 8273
close cable shorts (from 9960 and 9958).... hmmm not much fun anymore may go short
again at 9680 if it gets there
long usdcad 1.1010 (incl spread, damn 5p spread!)

Exits:

Closed GBP/USD at 1.9825

Closed USD/JPY at 120.70

Total today +90 odd something

No real movement, so I’ve closed the positions. Will look to re-enter GBP/USD (sell) later, and USD/JPY (Buy). Probably around Asian open.

Good trades TPF! I have the same plan for tomorrow as u on cable & Yen! :cool:
Only got +30 from fibre short at 3595 today 3565 ... waiting for looney & aud to see
how they pan out.

nice going TPF, im still waiting for my 100 pips. might as well go buy them from the corner shop, cause i doubt they will be on offer.

somedays one shouldnt even bother waking up.

till tomorrow.

j

tryng out long fibre 1.3542 ... wow it drops so fast to 3522 8-(

Wow the looney gone ballistic 1060 as of this writing! +50 for me that is! Going to ride this a bit longer

Last edited:
just whiling away the time....

01: an Orange day ends UP relative to the preceding Green day. (yellow marker)

02: the Blue day starts from relative high of the Orange day and drops. (to aqua marker)

03: Red day recovers to end around similar high of previous Blue day. (magenta marker)

(this does not constitute investment advice. pants call fall down as well as up. trading is a highly geared product, and you may lose all your hair.)

Attachments

• delta_daily_may16.JPG
    delta_daily_may16.JPG
    301.4 KB · Views: 171