FTSE 100 February

ie GSK, AZN now showing losses after being up on the day, while BP, Shell and DGE trimmed positives.

it may be trying to fool me but £ made a clear 5 legs up yesterday before starting to correct.So I am reading this as a return to the uptrend but first we have to go through a 2 wave of some sort ?

so the current move may just be a 'b'.
maybe not.

not sure...we shall see but get this feeling we might get another swing up today..from where I don know. time for pancakes:)

After my 5 wave observation FTSE100 managed a 50% retracement to touch the gap, but failed at the 1 day declining SMA. Not to encouraging. Suggests that, at very least, we are witnessing wave c (if you want to be more bearish make that wave 3.)

Wave 1 or A = 38
Wave 2 or B=19
wave 3 or C=
if C=a: 4500
if C=1.62 of A: 4476.

Just some idle thoughts

On my very basic calculations, and using CMC cable peaked at 1.9 and bottomed at 1.846.

A 50% rally =now or 1.873.

thats fits with me Mully. Watching for a stall here at 4511ish. but my 60 min charts a firmly pointing down now

edit but £ got a gap at 1.893ish

thanks mully
I have fib at 4480 so that's pretty close to yours ?

btw, in deference to you gentlemen, I have rejigged my fib formulas so they agree with yours.
so my old 62 is now 38.

Bigger picture on FTSE100

If recent move on FTSE100 over here are the indicated Fib support levels (see the purple dotted lines for the 38/50/62 fibs)

Attachments

• chart.gif
    chart.gif
    13.2 KB · Views: 208
The alternative count

If move from bottom is 1,2,3 rather than A,B,C here are the other Fibs. Still suggest downside for now.

PS. What a relief to be back on broadband.

Attachments

• chart.gif
    chart.gif
    10.7 KB · Views: 198