FTSE 100 February

Question:-

What % of trades on a Futures contract would you say are intraday positions rather than longer term postion open/closing?

I think the main distinction is btween 'commercials' and 'locals'
you can get that info on the Dow or S&P but as far as I know that info is only available to 'members of the club' on Ftse.

thanks..

btw the steep trendline on my 3 trend line chart has broken nicely.

See earlier chart

yes, but we are still effectively in a 20pt traging range since 11am on friday. (apart from 'c' of abc and then the new high)

this could be a high consolidation ? The gain line needs to hold !

agree. Its only an entry point. No real meaning to it. I am currently looking into whether we might be in a wedge/triangle...but a bit too early to tell

even given up on dax now.
it hit my bottom trend line and looks like a reluctant bride.

doesnt want to go through with it !

mmmmm? 3D trading...

Attachments

• cddd.gif
    cddd.gif
    68.7 KB · Views: 197
bonsai/hooya

just catching up - halway through cutting grass and the mower
capitulated, took it to the workshop (2 weeks!!!! - the only certain
bet is a grass long).

Back to your earlier exchange - if you were range trading
wouldn't you stop and reverse if you were long and your exit siignal was also a short signal?

would take a 3D mind I guess:) Friday I guess we were trading the far left wall range. Today we have move on the the back wall but have been contained by the ceiling. So we stay in that. but if wee break out we are then back on the nback wall with declining top line and bottom line . ....

big LOL

Barjon I would but very rarely do I stay in until another signal.

not through choice....but through bad trading

ah !

I thought we were on the ceiling now.

that way the back wall hasn't been touched yet.

could be. A bit like EW we wont know until after the event but it gives us a path to wrok with

:LOL: :LOL:

Attachments

• ddd.gif
    ddd.gif
    76.7 KB · Views: 188
Last edited:
nothing really Jonny. Just that whether in a range or a trend you can find parallel lines which contain the move. I was just tinkling with poss. that these lines could be connected to form a 3-D shape. and maybe there is some geometrical thing going on. I will probably get told that its already been done before (like I was with Renko charts:-0)

edit: maybe trading contains a 4th dimension