FTSE 100 February

bonsai - still favour the inside day and the old wives volume tale!!
(otherwise known as a Wykoff Test)

Last edited:
unfortunately I had a sell signal in the 60s this morning (as probably most others did) but couldnt take it as quote was 50-52 and there is no way of knowing what would happen when and if the market got to 52. As it happens its kept on going. No will wait for the next position

had a look at your pivot table, but didnt know what to make of it.
is it historical ?

it's one of my pvots Ive been "testing" since jan. The purple
bits are the ranges that actually got hit.

it started to get impulsive but has ground to a halt. Maybe its pausing for brunch?

I did my first ever fte trade at 4460, but not comfortable with it hesitating just below fib.

anmolway
if you are just starting trading, try not to feel uncomfortable.
as long as the basis on which you chose to enter the market was valid and remains valid, stay cool.

"as long as the basis on which you chose to enter the market was valid and remains valid, stay cool."

LOL Bonsai, have you forgotten what it feels like to open and close trades at the beginning of a trading career? The confidence in the "valid basis for entry" isn't there regardless of how valid it is. Something only time can change imo.

went long guys on cash price of 4460, taken half off at 65 and the half to break even if it doesn't break 4465. will add another half if it breaks 67 to be on safe side.

can i ask, i noticed you guys use cmc to trade. I was advised to use futures to limit the spread, thought the spread isn't that different now (cmc 2).
I know bonsai is very esperienced with the ftse - and wondered if he can tell me why people are trading with cmc and not futures.

I dont know about Bonsai...but I like th fact that I am not restricted to £10 lots and love the idea of "no tax"

waves??? here are my two possible options. i know Bonsai you had my AB as a possible 3-4 with an extended 5th as my 3? IS that still a possible count or has the move yesterday today erased that???

Attachments

• fffs.gif
    fffs.gif
    43.2 KB · Views: 187
not sure I would have taken the short at the end on the neg diver. Did you???

Could someone please post a list of the ftse 12?And what is their significance?