Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
my first trade was an option on eurotunnel.it made some money and so i though this is easy:)...aud trade was nearly stopped out,bit of luck going my way

Euro is getting raped today, bad news for all european stock exchanges due to inflation fears, banks down the most % wise. Now USA unemployment claims better than expected. Shorted Euro at 1.360

just wanted to post a couple of charts on support and ressitence for anyone trying to pick it up

here is a chart of the euro all morning its been bouncing off the 13612 area
992.gif

eventually price breaks down

now to play this you could switch down to a smaller time frame like the 5min for entry as i use the 30 min
993.gif

you could just short the euro when it tests the 13612 area again with a tight stop or you could wait for the pullback test of the 12 area and then a break of the 13598 area

depends how you feel and the amount of risk you want to take

cable a buy? too many bullish tails at support perhaps?

I have had everything burnt by top/bottom picking which is why I seldom take them. So just suggesting to friends who are interested

Attachments

• Spot FX GBP_USD (10-FEB-11).png
    Spot FX GBP_USD (10-FEB-11).png
    24.8 KB · Views: 133
just wanted to post a couple of charts on support and ressitence for anyone trying to pick it up

here is a chart of the euro all morning its been bouncing off the 13612 area
View attachment 102460

eventually price breaks down

now to play this you could switch down to a smaller time frame like the 5min for entry as i use the 30 min
View attachment 102462

edit: hourly entrance into the daily would be ideal, if you look at the last run up in euro fro 3500 there was a bullish engulfing candle right off 3507. That was an A++ setup. Of course I wasnt looking at the hourly and it's hindsight. lol

you could just short the euro when it tests the 13612 area again with a tight stop or you could wait for the pullback test of the 12 area and then a break of the 13598 area

depends how you feel and the amount of risk you want to take

Thanks, this is the kind of stuff I'm focusing on now. Price entering an S/R zone, then a price action trigger, be it continuation or reversal.

Euro is getting raped today, bad news for all european stock exchanges due to inflation fears, banks down the most % wise. Now USA unemployment claims better than expected. Shorted Euro at 1.360

Please can you post as you take the trade anmd include a stop even if it is provisional,thanks. Its just what we do here as its a live call thread

My short was at 1:31pm my friend, and posted that a few minutes after :) still short atm, probably will take profits if it hits 1.35736

http://www.flickr.com/photos/59373564@N08/5433212243/

I understand what you have done, but the idea of the thread is to post trades as you take them and not use broker charts. Please dont take it the wrong way but weve been through this with many others. Im sure what you are doing is great for a journal and education purposes but for this thread it is live calls. thanks

I dont normally trade this time off day as you know,but I couldnt resist this. I wont count this to old mas figures either way.What a beautiful t/l break and pull back to the line You can sell right from the line. Could easily go below todays low over the next day. Offers great r/r. Stop should be at a few point above the x. it hit the line 5 time ,broken,pulled back and away we go. its alo over 3 day, even better

watch me look silly as it take out my top:) I dont care if it does,ive got such good r/r

Attachments

• 1.gif
    1.gif
    19.6 KB · Views: 140