Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Afternoon Plan
Just out of US lunch hour. No more scheduled speakers or news events for the rest of the day I believe so I don't see a break much above the high at 1.3744 for today. I'll wait for a retest of that area to get short, targeting the large yellow trendline on my 5m chart. If it does break over the high then no trade or will wait for it to move back under it.

Peter

Attachments

• eurusd 019.gif
    eurusd 019.gif
    10.9 KB · Views: 103
S/l moved to .3667 just below support.

never been much of a swinger myself,but why have you moved stop up so much.
to us shorter term traders it looks like a great call and we dont see the sense in giving it back.
What ever you do please dont adjust your stops or targets or anything for the sake of the thread. For all we know Wackypete could be an eighty year old dear using an internet cafe in the day and on the game at night :)

to us shorter term traders it looks like a great call and we dont see the sense in giving it back.
What ever you do please dont adjust your stops or targets or anything for the sake of the thread. For all we know Wackypete could be an eighty year old dear using an internet cafe in the day and on the game at night :)

errr, I've been outed... I thought the sunglasses in my avatar made me look much younger :LOL:

Peter

Not doing it for the thread, I'm still feeling my way with stops, entries, and T/P. So you'll probably see some bad trade management along the way. My thinking is that if I get 40-50 pips in the money I should get the trade to B/E. Also if I'm going to hold trades for more than a day I would like to be a little in the money before I go to bed. Now will I adjust my view of trades as time goes on? Undoubtedly. And as always any suggestions are welcome.:)

I was just looking at audusd since i usually trade that in the asian session...all over the map today. Probably just skip that session for tonight.

Peter

Not doing it for the thread, I'm still feeling my way with stops, entries, and T/P. So you'll probably see some bad trade management along the way. My thinking is that if I get 40-50 pips in the money I should get the trade to B/E. Also if I'm going to hold trades for more than a day I would like to be a little in the money before I go to bed. Now will I adjust my view of trades as time goes on? Undoubtedly. And as always any suggestions are welcome.:)

of course that might just be a fear/greed impulse, lord knows I'm prone to them.

eur not moving at all. I guess i'll have to exit my position to get it to make a nice move.

Peter

I was just looking at audusd since i usually trade that in the asian session...all over the map today. Probably just skip that session for tonight.

Peter

OK, call me a liar...

Here's tonight's EURUSD plan.
Looking for a break of the high/low of the 2 consecutive candles that spiked up and created today's high. Placing 2 open orders, OCO

SELL STOP @ 1.3705, stop loss @ 1.3725
BUY STOP @ 1.3747, stop loss @ 1.3727

Will set targets if we get filled.

Peter

Attachments

• eurusd 020.gif
    eurusd 020.gif
    13 KB · Views: 103
We had a quick move down but didn't quite break out. Low was 1.3709 so no fill yet. Still waiting!

Peter

Attachments

• eurusd 021.gif
    eurusd 021.gif
    15 KB · Views: 102