Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
After I exited the trade price went down to the red support line, right to the exact pip!
Some guys are leg men, some are A55 men, I'm a line man!

Peter

Attachments

• eurusd 007.gif
    eurusd 007.gif
    11.4 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
exit 1.3205 +12

Trade took way too long. My bad for failing to realize it US lunch hour. D'OH
all out now

Peter

as you know im a big lines fan,but couldnt always control the emotions and saw illusion lines so I needed a rigid method.great call again

surprising volatility today with NFP data out tomorrow.

Just a hunch, but today's large range in eur probably due to the massive shorts covering before tomorrow.

Peter

surprising volatility today with NFP data out tomorrow.

Just a hunch, but today's large range in eur probably due to the massive shorts covering before tomorrow.

Peter

Dunno..Trichet's conference today and the usual platitudes of support, the support the US Fed stated they'd offer up to the EU independently, or with the IMF (if nec.), the true extent of the US fed's banks' bailouts being revealed yesterday...and there's more...

I remember what the great Pai Mei once whispered to me some many moons ago..... he said,

' Always remember , one 'Non Farm Payrolls' figure, does not an economy make !'

I remember what the great Pai Mei once whispered to me some many moons ago..... he said,

' Always remember , one 'Non Farm Payrolls' figure, does not an economy make !'

I alway know the day before what news events are on the radar but they pale into insignificance in comparison to the big fundamental decisions that are made and have been made (or announced) over recent months and since 2008 ...Perhaps folk really need to get up to speed and do more basic homework.

NFP is a hurdle to me, a blip, a mild nuisance, it represents no 'opportunity' whatsoever..

spinola said:
Always remember , one 'Non Farm Payrolls' figure, does not an economy make !

True. But it does make 50-100 pip moves in 1 or both directions.

Black Swan said:
Dunno..Trichet's conference today and the usual platitudes of support, the support the US Fed stated they'd offer up to the EU independently, or with the IMF (if nec.), the true extent of the US fed's banks' bailouts being revealed yesterday...and there's more...

Black Swan said:
NFP is a hurdle to me, a blip, a mild nuisance, it represents no 'opportunity' whatsoever.

Naturally, with your longer TF trading these instances are probably more annoying than anything else. Your trading style affords you that. I've always kept an open mind that my view of fundamentals may be incorrect or incomplete. For me with small gains on short TF's, volatility, news, rumors, stop runs, and squeezes are what makes me money. Certainly we've had no shortage of any of those lately, especially compared to late last year and early this year where volatility was flat as my PnL can attest to.

Would be a boring market if we all traded the same way!

Peter

Last edited:
True. But it does make 50-100 pip moves in 1 or both directions.

Naturally, with your longer TF trading these instances are probably more annoying than anything else. Your trading style affords you that. I've always kept an open mind that my view of fundamentals may be incorrect or incomplete. For me with small gains on short TF's, volatility, news, rumors, stop runs, and squeezes are what makes me money. Certainly we've had no shortage of any of those lately, especially compared to late last year and early this year where volatility was flat as my PnL can attest to.

Would be a boring market if we all traded the same way!

Peter

Yeah, if one is intra day then you have to be more attentive, I see it like BS does as, pretty much a bump in your lovely smooth tarmac road that needs to be flattened out at some point..

That said if I have liquidated a position before the release and the trend is not yet exhausted any price drawing against the trend I'd happily fade against and in that moment for me it's all about the timing on the day. But as I'm already in , no such hunting op for me today, just an onlooker.

What I would like to know is the mechanics of price moves seem very interesting, the speed at which they can ping about, I assume the lack of liquidity make the market makers widen their spreads, hence this spread widening triggers stop orders and prints trades, rather than any firm commitment to trade from traders. Don't know if thats true but , just trying to get my head round it. Anyone else got a theory ?

Good tradings .

:)

Yeah, if one is intra day then you have to be more attentive, I see it like BS does as, pretty much a bump in your lovely smooth tarmac road that needs to be flattened out at some point..

.......Anyone else got a theory ?

Good tradings .

:)

The only observation I have made is that if you removed the news spike, price seems to generally return to original place, and carry on as normal. for example, if it was trending up, news will whip price about, then within the hour, price resumes trend. ditto down trend.

My theory is that you're better off letting the initial spike play out, then fade back to original pre-news price.
never had the bottle to trade it, but the observation holds more often than not.

considering price seems to start recognising sup and res zones at news spikes, stop-hunting seems a logical thought.

hope you all had a good week; I'm on the sidelines into the weekend.

Dinos,

something similar to your HA bar trading. As with the best systems, it uses higher TF for trend, and lower for active trading.
very simple system.

http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=267200

Hi Paul

Thanks for that, not to dissimiliar to what I do, it works, with time based, tick based or a mixture or time and tick based, and as you know I like KISS, and using HA candles allows me to trade the price action rather than focus on levels, S&R or fibs etc.

Added a time based chart here of todays eur/usd, I'd prefer M15 and M5, but added one indy, the PSAR (standard setting), and using PSAR point 2 (P2) on the M5 only, trading into the M15 HA candle, you get the HA FEC (Flat entry Candle) on P2, giving 2 very clear signals. I suppose there can be as many variations as you want. But for me, the simplier the better, and by using the psar, there is a clear focal point.

Just a thought, hope alls well

Rob

Attachments

• Noname.png
    Noname.png
    45.2 KB · Views: 135
errrr,

that charts a bit like the emporor's new clothes:cheesy:

thats better!

without distracting you from your trading, Vince, hows the swing-trading going?

enough data yet for an assessment of its usefulness?

Morning...i missed the GU breakout again today (nursing a flu ridden wifey) and taking a_g's thoughts on board, haven't re-armed the long for pullback entry. Unlikely to trade again now until next week.