Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
its good but i'm struggling to stick with it, you get a couple of days of sideways followed by some nice moves, i'm still playing around with how i'm gonna end up using it. Need to find my comfort zone.

this morning trade was a 6-8am break out but i don't have a fixed target, i'd rather try to capture the whole days move. Trailing 2 bars back on the 2h or 4h allows you to capture 100-300 pips in one trade but days like yesterday will result in a loss on both sides.

On the other hand trailing on a 30m can still leave you with some nice gains and smaller losses but news events will stop you out before the move continues.

Plenty to ponder.

Theres also still the opportunity to take the trade on a pullback but today that would only hae improved entry by 10-15 pips so would it have been worth missing a potential move for if it had shot off.

I need to settle into something that gives me a better edge then I currently have and my heads spinning from all the setups i've got spinning around up there.

I've gone sideways on the account the last couple of weeks and tbh i'm at a loss as to which way to go.

Went short on that break but only took plus 10 pips as you can see (last trade)
Only trade ive made so far today

Attachments

• rtrt.JPG
    rtrt.JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 123
my heads spinning from all the setups i've got spinning around up there.

Hi Vince, as you know I was very prone to tweaking and twiddling, and felt the same, get a 3 set ups that I'm happy with for different conditions.

No more head spinning now, hehe, good luck

I was thinking 2 for me, one on the larger tf and one on the shorter, but only taking signals in the same direction as my longer tf trade.

That way I would be able to work with fixed small targets without feeling left behind on the runners.

Trouble is days like yesterday would have seen me take losses on both strats but then thats just something I have to accept.

I think it says something about current market conditions that me and Trendie both trade pullbacks of sorts and are both struggling at the moment.

For that reason the larger tf strat is break out based whilst i will continue with pullbacks on the smalls.

All I really need is one good week to get my head back in the right place or maybe its the other way round, maybe I need to get my head in the right place before I can get a good week.:confused:

Thats one ugly blip:(

Look at, for exampe, EJ now (given it fell of the edge of the earth its a good reference point)...right back to the days' pivot point...smashed out my stop though :rolleyes: And my other 4 pairs paused, then moved in the direction they were in before the *event*..

stop now move to 133666

very jumpy could have bagged a few points but hey let it ride:cheesy:

stopped out -22 should have cut it earlier as i think trading on non farm day is just not the easiest as you can throw the rule book out the window

so far just this week i eur we've seen a 400+ pip drop, then a 400+pip run up. Swinging out of control it seems.

Peter

TO put that in a bit of perspective, the high/low range of eurusd in 2009 was about 2700 pips, so a 400 pip move is about 15% of last year's range in just 2 days. WOW! and we did it twice this week!!

Peter

Look at, for exampe, EJ now (given it fell of the edge of the earth its a good reference point)...right back to the days' pivot point...smashed out my stop though :rolleyes: And my other 4 pairs paused, then moved in the direction they were in before the *event*..

Yeah smashed my stop too, but i got HUGE slippige on the fill and so what should have been a profitable trade ended up -73

Yeah smashed my stop too, but i got HUGE slippige on the fill and so what should have been a profitable trade ended up -73

was it slip or the market during fast movement etc..? It plunged close on 75 in less than 2 mins...

was it slip or the market during fast movement etc..? It plunged close on 75 in less than 2 mins...

it was a stop order in at 110.80 that got filled at 110.03 at 13:30. No one but myself to blame, I should have closed for +30 before the news hit but I just didn't expect that big a reaction.:(

it was a stop order in at 110.80 that got filled at 110.03 at 13:30. No one but myself to blame, I should have closed for +30 before the news hit but I just didn't expect that big a reaction.:(

I know, most retail fx traders in the UK look to cable and EU on the news, there are times when other currencies remain stable throughout..big surprise with EJ there...

I know, most retail fx traders in the UK look to cable and EU on the news, there are times when other currencies remain stable throughout..big surprise with EJ there...

Well, eurusd did exactly as advertised. 100+ pip move and whipsaw city.

Peter

have a good weekend guys i am off to catch a flight back to cold london from lovely hot brazil :(