Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I was thinking about short:?:
Limit on EU

Attachments

• eu.JPG
    eu.JPG
    165 KB · Views: 122
St 1.3982

Trgt 1 1.3895

Starting to wonder if I should cut this now. A long from 1.3950 would have probably been better... It's looking more like we're heading north than south although I did have a bias toward a retracement (hence the trade).

I was thinking about short:?:
Limit on EU

Well - I have a 'disaster' stop (above the high). Anyway still in - I didn't follow it - if I did I would have exited at 20 pips loss.

Looks bad, but anyway I'm still in - no point in exiting now before it breaks the top. Not the best discipline today.(n)

Well - I have a 'disaster' stop (above the high). Anyway still in - I didn't follow it - if I did I would have exited at 20 pips loss.

Looks bad, but anyway I'm still in - no point in exiting now before it breaks the top. Not the best discipline today.(n)

There is still hope for this 'stupidity' trade. For people new to trading this is an example of how not to do it. Hope is good in normal life, but not in trading.

PS Anyway if it hits disaster stop it will be -2% on equity and the end of trading for me today.

Attachments

• eu.JPG
    eu.JPG
    151 KB · Views: 114
dont feel too bad about that one.
you got spiked out by news. (10:30 GBP Manufacturing PMI)

yep the only currenciy to get a spike. Cant wait to see how the score looks after a couple of months. Do you think 2 months live trading and a years of manuall backtesting accross 4 currencies is enogh to judge a system

yep the only currenciy to get a spike. Cant wait to see how the score looks after a couple of months. Do you think 2 months live trading and a years of manuall backtesting accross 4 currencies is enogh to judge a system

as long as you can get about 100 trades under your belt you should get some idea.
live trading results will show how optimistic the backtesting was!

cant comment about how Xmas volatility (or lack thereof) might skew results, but be wary of them.

are you risking 25 to net 40??

as long as you can get about 100 trades under your belt you should get some idea.
live trading results will show how optimistic the backtesting was!

cant comment about how Xmas volatility (or lack thereof) might skew results, but be wary of them.

are you risking 25 to net 40??

it varies,as a rule its 2:1, but am using descretion on entry and exit. Backtesting was realistc i think and showed good results( august was worst month showing a very small profit). Heres hoping

good luck everyone thats me finish for today :)cry: 2 from 2 £,s down the drain ) some bugger must have a smile on their face

Morning guys hope the trading goes well I am on hols in marbella till wed so no trading for me just off to the beach instead, things looking lively on a Monday hope you all make some nice pips

Morning guys hope the trading goes well I am on hols in marbella till wed so no trading for me just off to the beach instead, things looking lively on a Monday hope you all make some nice pips

Holiday? It must be boring - you've missed all the choppy price action so far.

Just kidding - have a nice holiday.

Holiday? It must be boring - you've missed all the choppy price action so far.

Just kidding - have a nice holiday.

Been away from the charts a couple of hours but hope you're still hanging on to that EUR short Bedsit? Looks like the retracement could be a go-er after all?!?