Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Been away from the charts a couple of hours but hope you're still hanging on to that EUR short Bedsit? Looks like the retracement could be a go-er after all?!?

Lucky this time - I'll try not to repeat this complete disregard for discipline.(n)

Although it started as a 'stupidity' trade, no need to continue like that - 1/2 out and moved the stop to b/e (I would go for the local lower high, but don't want to give anything back) and waiting to see if it hits 50% fibonacci level or further down.

Attachments

• eu.JPG
    eu.JPG
    155.4 KB · Views: 105
Lucky this time - I'll try not to repeat this complete disregard for discipline.(n)

Although it started as a 'stupidity' trade, no need to continue like that - 1/2 out and moved the stop to b/e (I would go for the local lower high, but don't want to give anything back) and waiting to see if it hits 50% fibonacci level or further down.

I don't use fibs but my inexperienced opinion is that price will get to somewhere inbetween the 50 & 61.8 as marked on your chart before bouncing back and taking off.

I'm still quite new to talking sense (Lack of?) about the markets but that's my take on it :)

Also, why are you classing this as a bad trade? Personally I was ready for either a continuation of the trend or a retracement but had a bias toward retracement. I had 3 lines on my chart - A trend line on the hourly, support at 1.3950 and resistance at 1.4000. A break of 1.3950 saw me short and a break of 1.4000 would have been a long.

What in your analysis do you think was incorrect? (Not that I think I'm right and you're wrong... just curious as it might show some flaws in my own analysis)

What in your analysis do you think was incorrect? (Not that I think I'm right and you're wrong... just curious as it might show some flaws in my own analysis)

Well - I entered the trade before the lower high was formed on 15 minute chart - so there was no confirmation of down trend. I've drawn some forks, but that gives only a rough idea.

IMO The main mistake was money management. I've never planned to risk 2% of equity on this trade and disregarded the fact that price made my risk more than 1%. Then I was hoping (no good so far as trading is concerned), so it turned into gambling. One can be lucky few times, but if they disregard the rules eventually they will get hit badly (from my experience).

Damn.
anyone on smartlive?
I tried to buy cable there and it would have been good for another 18 pips so far, but the order just sat there, and now it says 'no connection' :(

edit: working again now.
Should be up nearly 40 pips for the day, but still just the 17 pips so far from the aud trade.

As I dont take trades after 1 pm,i can now concentrate on my two free competitions.Intertrader and jp morgan. Intertrader is down at mo,im short eur/chf for £50 pp.lol

Attachments

• eu.JPG
    eu.JPG
    154.1 KB · Views: 131
I had enough of trading for today.

I wouldn't go for a short now, but still think it may hit 38.2%.

Attachments

• ea.JPG
    ea.JPG
    138.1 KB · Views: 121
shorted that down move there for another small winner (+8, too quick to post that one)
Done for the day now.

(as per my journal, I try and take all of my real trades on my ninja demo account aswell:)

Attachments

• frg.JPG
    frg.JPG
    57.4 KB · Views: 123
They've been talking a lot about expected 'competitive devaluation' from US - $ may go south all of a sudden. I've drawn some lines and possible 'fork scenarios'.

Attachments

• ea.JPG
    ea.JPG
    169.8 KB · Views: 120