Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
short at 113.38
stop- 23
target +24
hopefully the trend down will continue now but i'm wary we could end up with a cone shape which always catches me out, yet to figure out how to avoid those.

1 out of 6(losers that is),:clap::clap:

short at 113.38
stop- 23
target +24
hopefully the trend down will continue now but i'm wary we could end up with a cone shape which always catches me out, yet to figure out how to avoid those.

Looks good.(y)

tried to hold on to see if i could get out around 113.00 but fear of losing my gains (tried and tested methods) got the better of me, in hindsight could have got another 10 out of it, but thats just the point isn't it.

Think about how many imes you have given back profit on the table waiting for more that never came...

tried to hold on to see if i could get out around 113.00 but fear of losing my gains (tried and tested methods) got the better of me, in hindsight could have got another 10 out of it, but thats just the point isn't it.

Think about how many imes you have given back profit on the table waiting for more that never came...

I guess it's better to take whatever the market offers nowadays. I would say it's quite psychologically damaging to let a profitable trade turn into a b/e or losing trade (good to avoid this sort of greed driven failures)

Think i'll call it a day, marginally up on the day although reduced size on the second trade (due to the first trade reducing capital) means i'm not up that much in £££

Would kick myself if i take another stab at it and end up taking a loss and ej is gonna start to slow down after 10am so i would end up at the screen all day trying to get back to where i am now:confused:

The reason for my live calls is to get anyone who wants, to think outside the box with regards to system building, R:R, and the discretionary element of managing a live trade.

I wouldn't say that trading with a higher win rate% is less stressfull as a a bad run of 3 losers can get you sweating but it is easier (FOR ME) to stick to as I find drawdowns dmorolising if they last more then a few days.

Good luck with the rest of the day guys.

ej looks good for a short - actually it's looked good for some time now.

Attachments

• j.JPG
    j.JPG
    147.6 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
intersting style, Vaco, of staying in for a short time, taking your money, and going.
less stress?

intersting style, Vaco, of staying in for a short time, taking your money, and going.
less stress?

Trendie,

Each day is less of a rollercoaster and my screen time is reduced to 1-4 hours.

pips per week is capped as i dont get any bumper days but I also no longer suffer from overtrading, caused by lack of discipline or focus, trades taken on the fly which don't fit with the set up and choppy days cutting me to shreds.

if the first is a winner i'm done
if first is a loser i take another shot and done.

carrying on after that point I am usually too attached emotionally to the result good or bad.

The lack of pips really isn't an issue as the high win rate allows me to be aggressive with my risk whilst still feeling comfertable, for me thats 8%-9% per trade at hard stop although i should rarely be letting it run to this. today was a good example of a trade i should have cut early, I saw the break down which should have instantly recovered if it was a spike, when it continued south i said to myself that i should get out (approx -16) but i failed to act. I hope to improve with time.

ej looks good for a short - actually it's looked good for some time now.

Limit order to open short below the local low (EJ) - time based (to be deleted at 12:45)

Attachments

• j1.JPG
    j1.JPG
    149.9 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:
Not much cooperation from Mr Market at the moment.:sleep:

Looking at some other pairs - EU up (somehow don't feel like long), GU choppy (wouldn't touch it).
Trying hard to avoid boredom trades or falling asleep.:sleep:

Well - not much excitement. I'll wait patiently.

Attachments

• re.JPG
    re.JPG
    142.7 KB · Views: 110