Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
For another half I lowered the stop to the local lower high (btw it's not a proper local lower high - if I put the stop at a proper lower high it would be too much to give back)
It's not my favourite to trade after London close.

Attachments

• c.JPG
    c.JPG
    131 KB · Views: 124
Nicely done, my stop was caught. I'm short on the GU break now but mindful of time of day.

Sorry - I didn't realise. My chart displays bid (that's why I was amazed by your precise stop - highest bid was 139817, but of course offer was 20 higher). Never mind - it's happened to me quite few times - just hits the stop a bit and goes my way a lot (without me):(

Sorry - I didn't realise. My chart displays bid (that's why I was amazed by your precise stop - highest bid was 139817, but of course offer was 20 higher). Never mind - it's happened to me quite few times - just hits the stop a bit and goes my way a lot (without me):(

Nice tap off the median line for you (y)

If only I didn't put a tight stop. Never mind - happy with partial profit.

Attachments

• e.JPG
    e.JPG
    129.4 KB · Views: 137
just checked and seen the news line up for the day, g20 meeting all day + euro impacting news at 9am so not gonna hang around on this one, i'll get out way before 9am and call it a day.

grrr,

i'm stuck on the wrong side of this tight ledge and at 8am it becomes a coin flip as to which way its gonna spike first so may have to cut it at a small loss(n)

well that was a bit of a result considering how it looked 5 mins ago, this is howeverwhy i'm not doing anything more today small Tf TA really gets screwed on heavy news days.

well that was a bit of a result considering how it looked 5 mins ago, this is howeverwhy i'm not doing anything more today small Tf TA really gets screwed on heavy news days.

Friday (poets day) and G20 meeting - an ideal day to take a break. Have a nice weekend.

4 Euro trades today; according to my rules it should have only been 2 small TF trades which would have left me flat or positive by a couple of pips.

Stops of 25
Limits of 33

Losses - 27, -13, -14
Winners +33

Pips total; minus 22

12 small TF trades this week

6 winners
6 losers

Average win + 27
average loss - 17

Pips gain + 60

That's in the region of 200 pips (circa 20 trades) over the last ten trading days off the small TFs, with not a great deal of effort and very little risk and tbh some poor execution. What does it prove/is there a message? Not really, other than the fact you could make a very decent wage out of this type of trading and as we state (time after time) MM is the key. Same losses as winners but sound MM = a pip gain, however modest. Anyhow adios, see you next week..

Attachments

• fxgraph1221010.png
    fxgraph1221010.png
    20.4 KB · Views: 124
Swanny, I agree small time frame can give very good rewards, tbh, thats all i do and very happy and settled doing that, I trade primarily EUR/USD, backed up by EUR/CHF on the M10, today has given me 4 x +15's winners and 1x -10 loser, net +50 for the day, (albiet more was on the table, but we dont have foresight), nothing more than trading the M10 with no reference to any other t/f's larger or smaller. Focus, concentration & discipline to trade a system, nothing more, nothing less. I will try put a few live calls in soon, but priorities first, me and my P/L..

Swanny, I agree small time frame can give very good rewards, tbh, thats all i do and very happy and settled doing that, I trade primarily EUR/USD, backed up by EUR/CHF on the M10, today has given me 4 x +15's winners and 1x -10 loser, net +50 for the day, (albiet more was on the table, but we dont have foresight), nothing more than trading the M10 with no reference to any other t/f's larger or smaller. Focus, concentration & discipline to trade a system, nothing more, nothing less. I will try put a few live calls in soon, but priorities first, me and my P/L..

Hi bud, good to see you round these parts again etc..

If I was only day trading I'd probably also go back to trading a couple of pairs, I used to until approx. a month back, it got too much to watch tbh and strangely I also traded the Euro-swissy as it's correlation tends to keep you on your toes (vis a vis the Euro..) It was more pips, roughly 50/60 per day, but I dunno... wtf, I might just go back to the 2 pairs.. :D

For me the daily stuff is a bonus. I could, perhaps should, put a little more effort into it, a bad day (including poor execution/a bit of slippage/bad fills/poor decision making) is losing only 20 pips, a very good indication that my edge on the small TFs is sound... And yep you're spot on, simply executing the same set up, with reliability and discipline, (day after day), works.

This must have been the busiest week on this thread for a long time,and with the hope that Trendie and Dinos start live calling next week things are looking good. Who knows maybe Black Swan wont want to be the Black Sheep(although Im sure we are all watching his swissy call which is now in profit:)) and may join in. This has been a very poor week for me. I was convinced the eur/gbp had peaked. I sold again at the round number(8900) yesterday and managed to get some back. I didnt post it as I was already 80 pips down for the week. I am sort of pleased that I took the trades for the right reasons,just the wrong outcome. With a little alignment the eur/gbp is still a short from the line on the chart as posted. I will look to re short on Monday if the opportunity is there.
As mentioned before Ive been working a method that has less volatile equity curve than the way I trade at the moment. What I am working is looking significant,it is easy,simple and Im finished by 12.PM( or at least target set). I may switch over and call those trades live soon if I feel they will provide my main source of trading income. At the moment I am only trading them for £1 pp, and have done so for about a month,backtesting has been done manually and the results very good. Sadly they have been by far my biggest winner this week:mad: If the hrs put in corresponded to what you earn id be a billionaire by now. I have 2 young daughters so need more time for them. If I look at what Ive made the last 18 months as an hourly rate its probably around 12ph with violent equity swings. It took me ages to learn what I know so refining my methods and shortening my hrs will hopefully improve results, and get me where I want to be and have the right life/work balance. I will be trading everyday from 7am to 12-1pm and again for an hr in the evening when the family is in bed. The trades have stops of up 80(ave 40) pips and targets are generally 2:1. Its a sort of swing if you like,but not a big one. Untill then the trades will be called as normal. Once again great to have the new guys and with the experienced ones posting even if not trading it makes for a great thread. Just hope it doesnt get overcrowded like on Forex Factory.They had a usd thread on there with about 300 posters on it,it couldnt be followed and no one posted live. The numbers are about right now. Anyway enough of my rabbiting,im off to poor a brandy and assure my wife I will make plenty of time for her and the kids next week as its 1/2 term. have a great weekend

flashy