Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Taken half off for +10, remainder to run further, stop to entry now

spike up took out stop, so a mega + 5 (hehe) to the pot

Well - not much excitement. I'll wait patiently.
I'll take 1/4 at 11252 as well if it doesn't hit the stop in the meantime.

Attachments

• e1.JPG
    e1.JPG
    134 KB · Views: 114
Came close to the stop - doesn't look promising. Never than less happy with my good discipline (I took only one trade all day today).
Hoping for a less choppy market tomorrow.

stopped again....too quick, and too dirty. Calling it a day. This isn't my type of market to trade

Peter

well its been busier then a whore house in here today!

For those that continue trading after 10am I always felt it was a good idea to take a couple of hours off and come back at 12/1pm for the us session when things liven up again.

The other thing to keep an eye on when looking at patterns is the daily range and how much of it has already been played out.

Once 80-90% of the range has been covered then any moves in the oppossite direction are most likely just pullbacks before it continues on the original course.

For me that would have meant only looking for short opps today had I continued.

The way I break it down is by flipping to a daily chart and asking myself wht that candle would look like if price now moved in the other direction and how often that happens.

Most daily candles have a full body with a wick at either end so thats where i'll place my bets.

I hope that made sense to those reading it, not sure i've explained myself very well. :)

This weekend I sat down and started to formalize a method to use and rules to follow. And then the first day I tried them out was a day like today. I actually feel like I worked hard just to break even today. Not cool.

Ok now I'm just irritated.
Here is my setup. On a 5m chart. 15m 50sma, 5m 50 sma, 5m 20ema, 5m 8ema.
The 15m 50 is for S/R. And a higher timeframe trend.
When the 5m 50ma is angled +/- 20 degrees look for entrys on retracements to the 5m 20 and 8 emas. Basically just entering on retracement on an overall trend. I got beaten up all day. Chopped around like coleslaw. I called it a day. An hour later I looked back over everything and wouldn't you know it, there was a perfect setup 1/2 hour after I shut down for the day. Perfect.
Tommorrow is another day....

Edit: several setups. I think the problem is me recognizing the setup after it's finished. Hindesight being 20/20. I guess the next task at hand is recognizing the setups AS they are occuring. YEESH!!

Last edited:
Ok now I'm just irritated.
Here is my setup. On a 5m chart. 15m 50sma, 5m 50 sma, 5m 20ema, 5m 8ema.
The 15m 50 is for S/R. And a higher timeframe trend.
When the 5m 50ma is angled +/- 20 degrees look for entrys on retracements to the 5m 20 and 8 emas. Basically just entering on retracement on an overall trend. I got beaten up all day. Chopped around like coleslaw. I called it a day. An hour later I looked back over everything and wouldn't you know it, there was a perfect setup 1/2 hour after I shut down for the day. Perfect.
Tommorrow is another day....

Happens to all of us. I've posted numerous times here on this thread when similar action happened to me. Yes, it's frustrating, but DON'T LET IT GET THE BETTER OF YOU.

Peter

Happens to all of us. I've posted numerous times here on this thread when similar action happened to me. Yes, it's frustrating, but DON'T LET IT GET THE BETTER OF YOU.

Peter

Thanks for the encouragement :)
I'm not giving up now. It feels like things are just around the corner for me.
Royce.

Morning everyone,

No clear direction for a trade yet this morning but a move down more likely imo, time will tell and when price moves i'll jump aboard.