Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If the current 15min candle closes above previous candle high - long EU.

It closed avove the high and I'm long EU at 12928. Have to think about the stop and the target - I'll do some analysis like always. lol

PS Made a mistake - should be 13928 instead of 12928 (wishful thinking)

Attachments

• eu15.JPG
    eu15.JPG
    137.4 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:
If the current 15min candle closes above previous candle high - long EU.

It closed avove the high and I'm long EU at 12928. Have to think about the stop and the target - I'll do some analysis like always. lol

PS Made a mistake - should be 13928 instead of 12928 (wishful thinking)

stop hit (bottom of the pin bar) - that was a quick loss.(n)

It seems it's not the best day for day trading - a bit choppy.

Last edited:
stops were triggered in cable and it took eur and aud with it. Look for both of them to recover.

Peter

GU looks the least choppy though. I could have taken a nice short earlier on, but I didn't.

US markets not open yet so lower volume in audusd and eurusd than gbpusd, so when large moves happen in gbp is drags eur and aud with it but not in the same straight line manner. Eurusd will recover when US markets open and volume gets heavier---my theory, based on watching this stuff for too long.

Peter

look at eurusd 5m chart. last 5 candles are approximately same high and low. Consolidating here. Since eur is still in a medium and long term uptrend then a fair probability play is to buy the break high of those candles.

Peter

look at eurusd 5m chart. last 5 candles are approximately same high and low. Consolidating here. Since eur is still in a medium and long term uptrend then a fair probability play is to buy the break high of those candles.

Peter

Difficult for me to see any up potential on EU at the moment. Best to wait and see for NY reversal if any.

Attachments

• 5m.JPG
    5m.JPG
    143.5 KB · Views: 124
Im im 2 trades for the longer term so wont be taking 1/2 measures off for a while.
Im short eur/gbp as called and long jpy. I didnt call jpy as it would have been late,but its the same break as I traded of before.So far this week im a shed load down.25 pips down on gbp is a lot for me,but i believe it will come good

Peter

Dailys or the weekly?

Im im 2 trades for the longer term so wont be taking 1/2 measures off for a while.
Im short eur/gbp as called and long jpy. I didnt call jpy as it would have been late,but its the same break as I traded of before.So far this week im a shed load down.25 pips down on gbp is a lot for me,but i believe it will come good

I must say that my performance lately hasn’t been that good. Quite few times I was in a profit 20-30 pips and gave it back. I’ll try to go for smaller profits or b/e (although b/e are not my favourite, but better than losses - account friendlier)

Daily and 4 hour, although 4H getting ready to break down. I rarely look at weekly charts because they are just too far out from my trading time frames which is usually 1m , 5m, and sometimes 15m.

Peter

What's your current thinking on cable and the Aussie on the daily?

19 people in here now. I can clear this room in 1 bad trade! :LOL:

Peter

im 50 pips down in calls so far this week,my rep is on the line,if my eur/gbp fails i could get lynched. Maybe we should keep running counts,have a league table.We could have 2 divisions so we can earn promotion and relegation. Oh god eur/gbp shooting up again

I'm long E/U from 1.39 with half my usual position (currently 30 points underwater), just added a quarter more at 1.385 and will add the final quarter at 1.38. stop for the total position at 1.375, tp at 1.41 or better.

Daily and 4 hour, although 4H getting ready to break down. I rarely look at weekly charts because they are just too far out from my trading time frames which is usually 1m , 5m, and sometimes 15m.

Peter

I’ve noticed that trends on higher time frames most of the time don’t go with trends on lower time frames. Mostly I trade using 15 min time frame and I would say that even 4 hourly is too high. Only thing - it makes me feel better if they are compatible.

What's your current thinking on cable and the Aussie on the daily?

aussie is in strong uptrend, but since hitting 1.000 a few days ago it's been mostly downhill. If today closes below the trendline (.9807) then we could be in for a further move down to the low of the spike day shown on 10/05/2010. Interestingly, the low on that day is exactly the 38.2 fib retracement line of the whole uptrend. In my opinion long term uptrend is intact unless that low is breached.

I don't follow gbp much but I'll take a look at it in a bit.

Anyone with opposing views or comments is welcome to post!

Peter

Attachments

• aud101.bmp
    1.1 MB · Views: 75