Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
short gbp/usd @ 5882 stp 5895 trg 5869

I was thinking to short GU or EU. At the end went for top catching EU short at 13916 (GU looks a bit jumpy to my liking). Anyway not so sure, so moved stop to b/e (trying to avoid stress)

Target - I don't know - it could be anything. Maybe 13831 if it doesn't hit the stop. Then if it breaks it, why not 13777 in few days.

Last edited:
I was thinking to short GU or EU. At the end went for top catching EU short at 13916 (GU looks a bit jumpy to my liking). Anyway not so sure, so moved stop to b/e (trying to avoid stress)

Target - I don't know - it could be anything. Maybe 13831 if it doesn't hit the stop. Then if it breaks it, why not 13777 in few days.

Stress free B/E instead of 30+ market offer.

May go for another short on EU - I'll wait for a nice set up if any.

Stress free B/E instead of 30+ market offer.

May go for another short on EU - I'll wait for a nice set up if any.

A bit indecisive for me - 15 minute chart looks like I should go for a long at the moment and I don't feel comfortable with the idea - my bias is towards short.:whistling

To avoid confusion, I'll leave eu till tomorrow.

A bit indecisive for me - 15 minute chart looks like I should go for a long at the moment and I don't feel comfortable with the idea - my bias is towards short.:whistling

To avoid confusion, I'll leave eu till tomorrow.

E/U is still trending up and it's near support so I think the bias is towards the long side. if it dips down again I'm buying more - the open position I got is small, I opened it because I didn't want to be left out of the market when the big move comes..

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    645.9 KB · Views: 131
E/U is still trending up and it's near support so I think the bias is towards the long side. if it dips down again I'm buying more - the open position I got is small, I opened it because I didn't want to be left out of the market when the big move comes..

I don't know AFK. Have a look at the attachement - somehow I was thinking about short (not at the moment though)

At the moment on 15 min there is a clear trend up (so far as it doesn't break the 13881 local higher low).

Attachments

• 15 min.JPG
    15 min.JPG
    136.5 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:
I don't know AFK. Have a look at the attachement - somehow I was thinking about short (not at the moment though)

At the moment on 15 min there is a clear trend up (so far as it doesn't break the 13881 local higher low).

I think the E/U bull run will continue and 1.385 level is a good place to start buying in anticipation of the next up leg. I think that a double bottom with the low of the day as the second bottom is a reasonable possibility and the current price (~1.395) might be a good chance for a short trade down to 1.385 but I don't want to back that up by closing my open position and reversing. If it does happen I do intend to add to my long position though...

No short set up.

Attachments

• 15 eu.JPG
    15 eu.JPG
    132.5 KB · Views: 132
I think the E/U bull run will continue and 1.385 level is a good place to start buying in anticipation of the next up leg. I think that a double bottom with the low of the day as the second bottom is a reasonable possibility and the current price (~1.395) might be a good chance for a short trade down to 1.385 but I don't want to back that up by closing my open position and reversing. If it does happen I do intend to add to my long position though...

If I was long I would look what happens at 50% fib (just below 13970). If it goes through it next one would be 61.80% (14012).

PS And pivot is at 13972 - so may straggle a bit there.

Last edited:
euro has broken through the upside resistance levels....next stop is to test 1.40 again.

Peter

One shouldn't underestimate round numbers. I've never understood it, but anyway for some reason price action respects that sort of things.

looks like I got a good entry today - 100 pips on side, shame I'm only using half the leverage I'd like to but at the time it looked like it could have gone lower before it turned around... Anyway, at 1.4 I'm closing my position and reopening around 1.395 ... try to squeeze some extra juice out of this move B-)

looks like I got a good entry today - 100 pips on side, shame I'm only using half the leverage I'd like to but at the time it looked like it could have gone lower before it turned around... Anyway, at 1.4 I'm closing my position and reopening around 1.395 ... try to squeeze some extra juice out of this move B-)

IMO Short term trend is OK so far as it stays above 13945 (last higher low). It would be nice if one of the 15 min candles closes above 13972

So if it breaks 1.4000 do you think it'll continue up to 1.41 or even higher. Or do you think it'll bounce off it?

Short term it'll bounce. Should be plenty of stops and fresh offers just above 1.400
Bounces won;t necessarily come at the exact price....give a few pips leeway on each side.

Peter

exit 1/2 @ 1.3985 + 10 move stop to be
next target is 1.3995, then we wait so see if we can catch a trip back down bouncing off the round number

Peter

stopped on 2nd half at breakeven.

lol, bedsit, no I don't like giving anything back, that's why I am a very short term scalper! Most of my stops are within 10 pips, depends on the day's volatility.

Peter

Gonna take a break here.
Eur is about 160 pips from it's low today. If it doesn't push to 1.40 shortly after lunch hour here (US time) most likely it will retrace lower for the rest of the afternoon barring any news or fed speak.

Peter