Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That parakeet, Geitner is going to give a speech that might move the dollar in a couple hours (22pm CET).

That parakeet, Geitner is going to give a speech that might move the dollar in a couple hours (22pm CET).

Hope you don't mind my analysis (analysing all day today - maybe too much).

Here's the latest bunch of lines. We'll see if the speech pushes it to the light blue median line.

Attachments

• hourly.JPG
    hourly.JPG
    149 KB · Views: 99
Good decision - waiting for the speech could be a gamble. Also it looks a bit overstretched.

I agree - too many bullish hourly candles in a row... as for Geithner's speech, he is no Bernanke so major impact is unlikely, unless he says something about a new bailout package for the incompetent bankers..

nice to see plenty of pips being made.I missed out and am 30 down for the week.Lol,soon have that back:smart:

I had a century loss last week does that count :confused:

your not in my league,one day a couple of years ago,I had a about 200 and 100 in the same day and market,and thats before I start talking about my days trading the indexes.Ill save those for another day.30 today is bad enough

I'm off to sleep. I've placed a buy limit at 1.392 and another at 1.388, both orders combined are half the leverage that my trading rules allow (and that I usually use). The stop on both orders is at 1.375 (150 pips) and the profit target on this trade is 300 - I think that E/U will push past 1.42 resistance and when it does, I'll wait for a retest of that level from above and buy some more. Good night!

I'm done for the day. I'm up +6 on 3 trades, and only up cause I moved my stops to +2. I hate the idea of a BE stop. Lol.
I'm sure im going to get flack, but I'm going to tell y'all what I'm looking at when I trade. I spent a crap ton of hours watching 5m charts bounce around inside bollinger bands. And blew up a couple of demo accounts trying to trade it. I didn't look at a forex chart for a month. A little while ago I opened a chart up on my phone, and the patterns popped out at me. And I decided to go with the trend. I had my first profitable forex week last week. I've got some ideas when i get Internet installed in my apartment next week. I'm looking forward to trying them out.
Today has flat sucked though. Lol.

my eur/gbp is now a longer term trade after looking at these charts
the 60 min and the 1d are both on keu lines,so ive sold and it offers good r/r. im not normally a long term trader but cant resist selling these lines

Attachments

• snapshot-498.png
    snapshot-498.png
    41.7 KB · Views: 89
  • snapshot-499.png
    snapshot-499.png
    43.4 KB · Views: 88
Euro trade;
Stop 25
Limit 30

Pips +24

Price glued to pivot for an hour or so, decided to gratefully "take the spike"..
Again that's probably it for me on the small TFs today...

Added second graphic to show the PA off the 5 min not the 15min..

Attachments

• fx grap 1191010.png
    fx grap 1191010.png
    17.4 KB · Views: 86
  • fx graph 2191010.png
    fx graph 2191010.png
    18.7 KB · Views: 83
Last edited by a moderator: