Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
im 50 pips down in calls so far this week,my rep is on the line,if my eur/gbp fails i could get lynched. Maybe we should keep running counts,have a league table.We could have 2 divisions so we can earn promotion and relegation. Oh god eur/gbp shooting up again

50 pips??? - that’s nothing. I can lose more than that in one day - no problem.

I'm long E/U from 1.39 with half my usual position (currently 30 points underwater), just added a quarter more at 1.385 and will add the final quarter at 1.38. stop for the total position at 1.375, tp at 1.41 or better.

it looks indecisive (inside, outside candle)

PS I’ve just seen it - it broke down. Doesn’t look good for a long, unless there is a report to reverse it?
Although there is a support (local low) near by - it may stop down move.

Attachments

• eg15.JPG
    eg15.JPG
    139.3 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
I'm off to sleep. I've placed a buy limit at 1.392 and another at 1.388, both orders combined are half the leverage that my trading rules allow (and that I usually use). The stop on both orders is at 1.375 (150 pips) and the profit target on this trade is 300 - I think that E/U will push past 1.42 resistance and when it does, I'll wait for a retest of that level from above and buy some more. Good night!

Forgive me for intruding, I'm a simple Northern chap who struggles with certain concepts, but are you currently circa 160 pips offside with these trades and have just added more to the losing positions?

Current $ buying is apparently because China raised deposit rates by 25bp to 2.50%. I don't follow the ins and outs of all the macroeconomic stuff, but analysts are saying it's good for the dollar.

Also, Fed speak going on all day today so volatility should be good.

Peter

Forgive me for intruding, I'm a simple Northern chap who struggles with certain concepts, but are you currently circa 160 pips offside with these trades and have just added more to the losing positions?

i think its a demo account,but point taken,treat your demo account as if its real.OTHERWISE SERIOUS BAD HABITS WILL DEVELOPE.We are creatures of habit from the moment we wake up untill we go to bed.We clean our teeth the same way,wipe our **** the same way,dress the same way,etc,etc.It cost me 1000s to learn that.

Hallelujah!! Swissy has just triggered long for a position/swing trade...16th of August last time it swung (IMHO)...dollar *fightback*...?

Last edited by a moderator:

These orders expired before they were filled, I've entered manually at 1.3904 and 1.13849 with a stop at 1.375. So far I'm risking 75% of what I generally risk per trade and I will add to these positions at 1.38 so that I will lose my usual amount if I get stopped out. As I'm writing this price is approaching 1.38 and my positions are 92 and 36 pips in the red.

I wipe my *** with pictures of Obama. He chits on us everyday and thats the only way I can think of to return the favor.

Peter

eur/gbp looking better now,as stated its longer term so I will take 1/2 off at about 8750.
come on flash you need this, you are right,just a poor entry
still long jpy,also hoping its longer term
No Ive not joined the swingers:rolleyes:

im 50 pips down in calls so far this week,my rep is on the line,if my eur/gbp fails i could get lynched. Maybe we should keep running counts,have a league table.We could have 2 divisions so we can earn promotion and relegation. Oh god eur/gbp shooting up again

that's actually quite a good/fun idea.
Obviously only the realtime posters could play though.

i think its a demo account,but point taken,treat your demo account as if its real.OTHERWISE SERIOUS BAD HABITS WILL DEVELOPE.We are creatures of habit from the moment we wake up untill we go to bed.We clean our teeth the same way,wipe our **** the same way,dress the same way,etc,etc.It cost me 1000s to learn that.

It's not a demo. I've got an account at oanda and my position size is appropriate for the stop I'm using.

Flash, your jpy trade looking good.

Peter

hope so,just a simple line.I will leave long term,will take some off soon

5,m,60m,1d, all have clear breaks. Just hope news doesnt interfere.It could really gather momentumn,poss intervention news may come out.
I want a huge payday on both trades

Attachments

• snapshot-500.png
    snapshot-500.png
    28.7 KB · Views: 102
  • snapshot-501.png
    snapshot-501.png
    38.2 KB · Views: 92