Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
this is a lot clearer,the labeled bar gives the high,less a 1 pip spread

Attachments

• snapshot-193.png
    snapshot-193.png
    14.7 KB · Views: 88
got to go out for a couple of hrs.
Target for eur/usd is 1.2372(near bottom of line posted earlier) stop is at b/e at 1.2435. Its a free trade

entering on 5min at the moment and look at 1hour ........... was going against the trend one the 1 hour now i look at it i duno ?

you reckon lower time frames are a wast of time Black Swan ?

How can anyone say lower timeframes are a waste of time. Even traders that use daily charts should use 1 min for entry. Some traders uven tick data etc.Black swan has his ways and says lower timeframes are noise. To someone trading monthly charts,im sure they consider daily charts noise

Thats all that counts. No crying over spilled pips!

thanks Pete but if you look at post 3175 youll see what I mean,the lines were drawn,which is why I got that good entry and then it came down to the bottom line and broke that as well.I took it off for no good reason and should have left in for my original target.Its hard enough picking winners without jumping of them.I feel like a jockey jumping off a horse a lenght from the line with a 10 lenght lead.

entering on 5min at the moment and look at 1hour ........... was going against the trend one the 1 hour now i look at it i duno ?

That doesn't help.
Nothing wrong with the lower timeframes, but today has been rough. It happens. If you are going against the trend keep your stops and exits smaller.

Peter

long eur/gbp at 8534 s/l 12

has broken line I wrote about earlier and pulled back to it,and also close to bottom line. May have to cosider a short if either breaks

Attachments

• snapshot-194.png
    snapshot-194.png
    32.8 KB · Views: 96
thanks Pete but if you look at post 3175 youll see what I mean,the lines were drawn,which is why I got that good entry and then it came down to the bottom line and broke that as well.I took it off for no good reason and should have left in for my original target.Its hard enough picking winners without jumping of them.I feel like a jockey jumping off a horse a lenght from the line with a 10 lenght lead.

I see what you mean. ouch.
Just trying to be supportive :)

Peter

you reckon lower time frames are a wast of time Black Swan ?

No no..not at all mate, depends how you trade 'em though. Just puzzled how you got the wrong side of those trades. Been some 'kin brilliant short term action over (across all the main pairs) the past couple of weeks. However and IMHO I would trade off 10-15 min TFs and not go lower than that. In that way you should be able to consistently trade all the set ups you get with your edge throughout the day on at least the most traded 4-5 pairs with the lowest spread...

Last edited by a moderator:
How can anyone say lower timeframes are a waste of time. Even traders that use daily charts should use 1 min for entry. Some traders uven tick data etc.Black swan has his ways and says lower timeframes are noise. To someone trading monthly charts,im sure they consider daily charts noise

Julian I don't think specifically trading off short term TFs is *noise trading*, I can imagine there's guys (and gals) that could in theory hold a trade a few days by entering and exiting off short TFs. I know I could hold trades for 24hr + when working off 15 min. My noise trading view comes from watching guys nip and out of trades; taking 20 pips, having ten pip stop loss etc., when there's so many more pips on the table for them if they altered their mindset and views on risk.