Forex Day Trader's Thread

I believe you trade your own money from home (feel free to correct me if i'm wrong.) Is there a reason you're not at a prop place? Do you ever feel you're missing out not being in a trading environment?

Do your friends/family respect what you do and not think you're a gambler. Do you ever tell someone how much you made/lost in a day if they ask you about what you do and ask you how you got on?

yeh trade my own money from home! tried to go prop once but didnt get in as i have **** maths skills and apparently unless you can do ridiculas maths equations in ur head your not gona be a good trader!

yeh sometimes wish i was in a trading environment! im moving to london in a few months and i "may" hook up with arabianights at his firm to trade my own capital.

familly respects what i do but they don't really like me doing it i think.. (they have bank rolled me a few times!)

yes i tell people how much is made and lost in a day for the lulz..jaws ussualy hit the floor!

yeh trade my own money from home! tried to go prop once but didnt get in as i have **** maths skills and apparently unless you can do ridiculas maths equations in ur head your not gona be a good trader!

yeh sometimes wish i was in a trading environment! im moving to london in a few months and i "may" hook up with arabianights at his firm to trade my own capital.

familly respects what i do but they don't really like me doing it i think.. (they have bank rolled me a few times!)

yes i tell people how much is made and lost in a day for the lulz..jaws ussualy hit the floor!

Which firm did you try to go prop with? When you're in london i'll buy you a glass of tap water some time if you like :)

How many times have you blown up? People will always be shocked by the money as they never can really relate - nothing good ever comes of it. If you tell them you made lots of money they want to know how, and if you tell them about big losses they think you're a gambling addict.

Do you think you could take Pippy in a fight?

I'm pretty sure arabian nights doesn't want his firm spread about the place, just fyi. Or at least he didn't want that last year...:)

i would destroy pippy in a fight yes. having spent 5 years as a doorman and being rather highly trained in close quarter combatives..

how many times have i blown up? 3 but it equates to about 10% of my wealth so not 2 fussed! 2 of those blow ups were just findling about with new strats etc..the last blow up was a proper **** up tho! trade gone very very bad

oh and was futex i didnt get into, but in my defence the interviewer was a total ****

I'm pretty sure arabian nights doesn't want his firm spread about the place, just fyi. Or at least he didn't want that last year...:)

No names have been mentioned, I don't see the problem. Most people on t2W know he's a prop guy anyway.

Do you think you could take Pippy in a fight?

I'm 5'10" 165 lbs/80kg of pure man and he couldn't beat me in a fight because his big ass doesn't have a winchester 1330 like I do..

[cocks shotgun]

That leads me to this question: What % of your net worth do you keep in your trading account?

I once killed a man over a ham sandwich.. and I killed him with the ham sandwich. Do you know raging of a manstud you have to be to kill someone with a ham sammich?

That leads me to this question: What % of your net worth do you keep in your trading account?

most ive ever had in was 4%..soon going to 25% and eventually to 100% (not all for day trading)

when u blow up a 5k account fannying around on a new strat it doesn't matter but i guess it still counts as a blow up lol

I feel like "shorting Euros" tm this evenin' ..little SMA jumble might be good resistance.. how 'bout a short with a 20 pip stop since I've made a whopping $50 this week

I lost $5000 my first month trading.. then I put in another $1000 and grew it to $3000 and then lost that in about 6 months .. then I said, "hmmm... you don't have any idea what you're doing man!"

so I switched to $10,000 trades for a very long time until I did..

most ive ever had in was 4%..soon going to 25% and eventually to 100% (not all for day trading)

when u blow up a 5k account fannying around on a new strat it doesn't matter but i guess it still counts as a blow up lol

Wow, you make me feel like a bit of a degen :LOL: I have a much larger % than 4 in my account. It's good of you though not to keep too much in there just in case. I think we'll leave the questions there for tonight and let me bask in clever I think I am before I stare at a big loss.

Thanks for the answers - it was interesting, and don't be afraid to take me up on the tap water :cheers: