Forex Day Trader's Thread

I see it's very bullish here these days. Beware, if EUR and GBP (and others) are going higher, they could go lower in the next couple of days to trip the stops and to suck in the shorts. I'm waiting for medium term entries @ 1.4450 and 1.5720

ussualy a black backround with red down candles blue up, or green hollow candles up and solid green down

Same as me! Red for down, spring green for up.

Question 2: Which lucky ritual works best? Do you have separate rituals for if you want something to bounce or plummet?

Same as me! Red for down, spring green for up.

Question 2: Which lucky ritual works best? Do you have separate rituals for if you want something to bounce or plummet?

hmm ussualy saying things like "come on you *******" or "****ing move your ****"

Ok, keeping it very brief as I'm sure you've mentioned this before & it's pretty boring to answer.

Age you started trading? How you found out about it? How did you fund trading to start? Did anyone teach you? Would you let someone back you? Do you ever find trading a bit "meaningless"?

(Perhaps we should do an "ask genics" thread so we don't deviate - but it's just something for the brief interim till big kahuna comes)

Ok, keeping it very brief as I'm sure you've mentioned this before & it's pretty boring to answer.

Age you started trading? How you found out about it? How did you fund trading to start? Did anyone teach you? Would you let someone back you? Do you ever find trading a bit "meaningless"?

(Perhaps we should do an "ask genics" thread so we don't deviate - but it's just something for the brief interim till big kahuna comes)

and i was 22 when i started, my mother is a property investor and knew a guy who was a trader and i got talking to him one day about it and started from there! first started out doing this 3 day mentor ship thing was total bull**** and probably set me back more than anything as they put unrealistic expectations in your head! as if you can learn to trade in a few days LOL. to fund it all i sold my lovely evo 7 :cry:

Do you ever find the practise of trading a bit "meaningless"? It's not like we add any utility.

Do you foresee yourself trading indefinitely or will you retire once you reach £x?

how could making money ever be considered meaningless??? tbh the money does become meaningless..just turns into numbers..

wouldn't say we have no purpose or add no utility..the financial markets shape the world and our way of life, whether the average joe on the street realizes it or not! every trade we make somehow adds to that..

deffo gona trade for ever, endgame is to have my own trading firm

Well we're really pure speculators. We get in one minute, hold on, close our trade and hopefully have a profit at the end of it. We haven't created any benefit to anyone and what we do is largely useless. Unless we're doing huge size we're not going to move a market either. Maybe there's something greater in life than sitting by our computers just clicking and messing about during the day. I try not to think about it - it beats clerical work for sure though.

Next question: When you started trading did you decide to demo or jump straight in? Did it take you a while to become profitable and if you lost at the beginning - what kept you going; did you ever feel like a gambler when evidence dis-proved your belief you could be successful?

i just jumped right in trading 2 lots a time on cable! didnt take long to become profitble trading wise, took a long time to hold onto those profits in the long run without doing something very stupid! what keeps you going? defiance i guess..knowing they one day it will all work out and u wont give in and be a loser. feel like a gambler? all the time..its one of the main reasons im going mostly automated soon, i can stop myself having little gambling meltdowns where i get to wreckless! i have 0 fear of risk and it is often very detrimental!

I believe you trade your own money from home (feel free to correct me if i'm wrong.) Is there a reason you're not at a prop place? Do you ever feel you're missing out not being in a trading environment?

Do your friends/family respect what you do and not think you're a gambler. Do you ever tell someone how much you made/lost in a day if they ask you about what you do and ask you how you got on?

It looks like we all have him on our ignore lists, yet he continues to post as if there really is someone dumb enough to believe that he isn't a teenager in a Middle Eastern country with a demo account..

I mean sure, I invested thousands in with his "firm", but that's beside the point..

If you want people to follow your trades you should probably:

a. refrain from moving your stop to b/e after you get 5 pips in the green
b. learn to speak English coherently (being from the US twice, as well as the UK and Canada you should know how to speak English already so I'm amazed)
c. gain the respect of other traders rather than annoying them to no end

Anyway, one more post on this thread and we'll all ask the mods to ban your IP

btw.. I see nothing about the BoJ intervening.. I don't know the reason for the early morning squeeze.. Got an article?