Forex Day Trader's Thread

yea i closed out my ftse at 4210, shorted at 4300. I wouldn't go short on sterling, news is George Soros is not short on sterling anymore, so market is following him

I am currently looking at Gilts. They are being sold off heavily. Waiting for it to reach 116. Could possibly reach it tomorrow

indeed.. double key reversal.. in the hourly..
ok its only the hourly chart.. way up on usd chf short.. now trailing more

My cable short trades were worth a lot of money.. I'll try to short one more time at 1.44

There could be another sell off tomorrow in the equities market because of 2008 Q4 GDP in the U.S, but I have a feeling this will not result in a 'flight to safety'. There could be a sell off in the USD

no one will be selling off the USD.. maybe for Yen but the Euro is absolutely doomed now

trailing oil to 40.90
long since 40.40

yea people, trying to find something else.. ..you never know..

treasury bonds now moving to resistance zone.. 127 to 126 ..which could be nice buy..
but dont trade with 0,1% stop

The Euro seems to be screwed no matter what.. USD is being used as a safe haven but with the bad banks proposal many are looking to the USD as an investment as well.. EUR/GBP is tanking as well and that's not helping..

The Euro bulls had one last chance this week. It's really looking like they have failed.. So if the US GDP is bad who do you turn to?? Euros would be a bad choice, GBP not a great choice either.. Usually a lot of people would run to the Swissie but they are promising to manipulate their currency so that it doesn't become too strong.. That basically leaves JPY.. I'm looking to short USD/JPY and EUR/USD next week with very many lots.. I think the moment we've all been waiting for is about arrive.

The Euro seems to be screwed no matter what.. USD is being used as a safe haven but with the bad banks proposal many are looking to the USD as an investment as well.. EUR/GBP is tanking as well and that's not helping..

The Euro bulls had one last chance this week. It's really looking like they have failed.. So if the US GDP is bad who do you turn to?? Euros would be a bad choice, GBP not a great choice either.. Usually a lot of people would run to the Swissie but they are promising to manipulate their currency so that it doesn't become too strong.. That basically leaves JPY.. I'm looking to short USD/JPY and EUR/USD next week with very many lots.. I think the moment we've all been waiting for is about arrive.

Euro looks awful now, it just looks the bulls have no power at all..

I posted earlier this week, we saw a double Top around 1.3330

always sell double Tops.. The bounce to 1.3330 just satisfies an enought bounce to resume.. the decline

The Euro bulls have to fight like mad to make any gains and it's so easy to erase them.. I'm in 10 lots at 1.303 if/when it gets back there.. The small amount of people in the Euro bull camp have dwindled to what seem to be a few die hards intent on losing their money. I'm in 20 lots at USD/JPY 89.95 if/when it gets there..

I'm up pretty good today as well shorting Cable twice last night (today for you) and a few decent scalps on Euro..