Forex Day Trader's Thread

buying treasury now at 127.50
just shy of resitance 126/127

but you should not be fearful..

Yeah Phil but we got 'em beat on girth!! When the **** hits the fan we can live on our stored fat for years while they all die! So give us your damn money!

Think euro might get another smashing tomorrow, I see it reaching 1.2660. USD/CAD has also been heavily sold off, might be worth going long. Tomorrow's U.S gdp figures should be enough to send crude oil back below $40

agreed on both counts trip.. EUR/JPY in particular has the potential to get hammered..

All of the Japanese data is worse than expected.. Nikkei opens in 30 minutes.. I think that will be the end of EUR/JPY..

yea, who knows what is going to happen with that one. But euro is selling off against JPY at the moment. Might still be something in this

I just banked a monstrous profit on USD/JPY ;) probably banked too soon but when you see that giant number in your unrealized p/l column you don't want to see it go away..

Will sell again at 90.1 with 20 lots..

DOH! sold too soon.. I've got my eye on Cable now .. 1.418 looks good.. risk/reward is there.. EUR/GBP is way oversold and this was inevitable..

yeah trip.. exactly.. but I'd t/p at 88.1

USD/JPY is a pain in the ass .. it will probably rebound.. sell it if you're awake..

now I see I banked way, way too early :(

I'm a little nervous about US GDP which is about as huge of a news event as there is.. Don't want to get overleveraged and get wiped out.. Bad US GDP will be JPY's benefit..

My guess about US GDP?? Worse than expected. .I live in the #1 economy in the US and there are businesses dying left and right.. I can't even imagine what NY and California look like..

Not much movement at all, everyone waiting for those numbers. There seem to be a few pairs that have decent entry points. Short USD/JPY 89.50, Short EUR/USD 1.2874. You could use Long GBP/USD as a hedge, if numbers turn out to be better than expected.

I am a little worried about this USD/JPY trade, bit confused as to why the yen is not yet rallying against USD. Would've thought the market would be expecting bad GDP figures.

just stay in it. usdjpy trend is still down. i also have massive shorts in usdjpy, eurusd n gbpusd and long usdchf. woohoo

ok. lost on gbpusd. i was waiting for a good chance to get out. it didn't go lower down a bit to where i wanted and after that i got stopped out on the surge.

Bad day teo?? I wouldn't have bailed on USD/JPY .. yes, I didn't realize such a horrific GDP was forecasted.. Not hard to beat -5.5% ..

don't see any trades I'm dying to get into today..