Forex Day Trader's Thread

I don't set pip targets.. the market doesn't give a **** about what I need.. I just try to make good trades.. I need $4,500/mo to cover taxes and living expenses and some months I don't get that but other months make up for it.. I usually kick ass when pairs fall in a range and other times I do poorly or medicore.

With the exception of 9-11 and Lehman Brothers I've never seen a candle in Cable as long as today's candle..

-470 pips top to bottom..

Sure, but i'm just trying to get an idea if you're averaging 20 pips/day so 111 pips is about 5 days work or if you're taking 100+ pips/day. As for the $4500, it's kind of meaningless without knowing account size + risk. Make sure to have some change for saturday.

And yes, the cable stick is pretty sick - I can't be fooled into such rubbish, not on my watch.

Take it easy Pippy. Just take a day break or something like that, go away from the computer and come back with a fresh mind.

Based on what I understand how you trade, you probably do better in a range bound market than a trending market though. If this is true then when it's trending so strong, just heighten your alert...

Sometimes I got into days where every trade goes wrong no matter what I do, I just stop trading though ... :(

I'm grabbing Euro long at 1.451 .. beyond that and this is not a correction but a major reversal..

when your business is picking tops and bottoms getting stopped out is simply the cost of business.. I will stick the bottom on this move and get everything back and then some.. it'll be alright..

I think the next real strong support is 1.443 area. If it falls thru that, that's it!

Hopefully you are not trading using free internet access from a coffee shop & sleep in the car :LOL:

That story may not be too far from the truth shortly. I think i'd have mobile broadband though. I have traded from the library though. That would seem a fairly good idea and free power too.

Man.. make room for me on that bench.. Maybe both of us put together can buy a newspaper to keep the rain off of us..