Forex Day Trader's Thread

dont know whats going on but i just had a buy stop triggered at 1.4806.... now what... im tempted to add to this thing long

no, actually the Japs are still off.. check the 5mn charts in EU and that should be obvious.. thank god I banked.. hope you did too beebs..

It was stop driven on thin liquidity.. bank stop run according to my broker.. nothing more.. don't buy it.. don't sell it .. let the dust settle..

I'm calling BS on the stop argument - it's always an easy argument for a move with no fundamental reason.

Stang,

NZD couldn't have possibly made an impact like that but the precedent was set.. I think it was just sentiment and the banks took advantage.. I'm buying the pullback the direction overnight is painfully obvious.. short USD .. THE RECESSION IS ****ING OVER!!

I'll see if I hear anything else, but I'm just relaying what I heard.

Sure, but i'm just saying people use the "it's a stop-hunt" argument way too much to explain things they don't understand. I'm sure your brokers are idiots though.

yea i had been short from 1.48... scratched that for break even... and had a buy stop at 1.4806...now im sitting here up 10 or 15 pips, small size... prob just cash out and call it a night.

QUOTE:

"Looks like that was just a wave of stops getting steamrolled due to the Japanese bank holiday"