Forex Day Trader's Thread

yea tough one... im going to let it run a little bit though, banked half, letting the rest run with a stop at break even now.

could be a huge break to the upside over the next few days if it takes out this descending trend line

altho that would contradict my entire fundamental view, so **** u euro if u do!

haha, i hate the euro too, despise it for some reason, only want to short it. but im through fighting it. looks like its def going higher for now. and i dont think im covering this last piece i have long, might as well let it ride.

big resistance here for the s&p at 1014.... i bet we blast through it and rally all day. squeeze those shorts.

Last edited:
Exciting day huh? My trade over data went a bit messy but it came good in the end. Flattened everything up for about 80 pips profit and happy to finish for the week now.

Try range trading Yen pairs more often.. The 30 pip loss in EJ is exactly the same as a 30 pip loss with EUR/USD but the reward is much greater if you correctly pick a short term range bottom.. EJ also trades off of daily SMA predictably.. You can usually snatch a quick 40 pips placing an order a few pips above or below daily SMA. I love EJ and I have recently started trading GJ too and it feels the same.. big moves .. big profits to be had with minimal risk.

UJ is like EJ's little brother .. barely moves but is painfully predictable. I'm going to go ahead and bank my UJ going into the weekend.. that's another 80 pips ;)

personally, I'm a big fan of the range... USD strength may come or it might not come.. I don't really care personally because I'll buy it on dips and sell on rallies.. I'll make a few thousand pips trading the range and happily accept a stop out when it finally does breakout either way.. Remember that it always looks bad when spot rises or falls quickly.. it always looks like "this is it" but it's not..

oohhhh... I like UJ 92.9 15/-15 too..

actually I would buy or sell any silly thin liquiduity move in any pair today.. the likelihood of there being no follow through and reversing is extremely high.