Forex Day Trader's Thread

this could be it... i have a tiny piece short euro from 1.43. im looking for a bounce back to add more. seems to me like this could be the start of a big leg down. but i was early on this trade once before.

I'd love to trade the range as this would be an excellent spot for a long but I smell blood this time..

Probably won't happen today but if it gets down to 1.4125ish I'll buy... maybe heavily depending on what I feel like if it gets down ther.

I was just looking at that and I see daily SMA support at 1.4138

I could easily see a bounce happening from there but I don't think I'd hold it.. A serious of events would have happened in order to get it down that far in the first place that would suggest further downside.. most likely to the 1.401 area first.. I think I'll just bide my time and go long there and hold it for at least 100 pips..

It looks like there are some buyers out there. It just broke above the previous bar on the hourlies, and the S&P just broke through an intraday trendline (I'm using 5 minute bars).

Edit, nevermind that S&P comment, it looked like it was going, but it quickly returned south.

Last edited:
I'm now short at 1.422 looking to get 70 with a 30 pip stop .. I'm not expecting global equities to like this US selloff very much. Particularly not the Japanese because a lot of US panic was inspired by negative automaker news. Negative automaker news really freaks the Japanese out.. Anyway, I think this trade is worth a shot..

be a little careful with that... might want to give a little more room with that stop. looking to add on short on a bounce maybe up near 1.425

S&P closed at 998.04 .. there was an attempt at an ill-conceived rally at the end there but it got beat down handily.