Forex Day Trader's Thread

"the only thing that i have heard is a very large buy stop in the swiss franc that is taking the other currencies along for the ride (from a cme floor broker). but i have a hard time believing that is the reason for this"

from my broker

i still believe we are on the verge of a monumental usd rally..but how why when and where i cant say..

My broker says that oil rising was the reason for the stop run.. there's also -20% normal volume today.. traders still on vacation..

i still believe we are on the verge of a monumental usd rally..but how why when and where i cant say..

i agree, it is gonna be really wild i think, but i think we are gonna need to go above 1.66 on cable again if it is gonna be a big one...maybe....

have to point out that the 1.4450 highs are still intact. worth shorting with a stop up there?

scale into it :)

Yeah, sure - only thing is what if this monumental USD rally is from 1.80 on cable down to 1.69 and we're holding an average of 1.65. We're going to miss the boat. I think i'll be re-active instead of pro-active; I sleep better at night that way :p

I'm shorting at 1.444 I'm not worried about losing 30 pips if it doesn't hold because my t/p will be pretty big

I ended up 4 pips in the black today.. better than nothing.. I'm wearing my "I survived a silly stop run" novely t-shirt in honor of today's silly events

Yeah, sure - only thing is what if this monumental USD rally is from 1.80 on cable down to 1.69 and we're holding an average of 1.65. We're going to miss the boat. I think i'll be re-active instead of pro-active; I sleep better at night that way :p

im talking about a rally past 100 on the dollar index