Forex Day Trader's Thread

I am short 1.4286 is my stop loss

Good short.. I was as well and just going flat before news..

Last time the price had a spike of 70 pips in the fake direction and took me off with a loss..

If something similar happens today I will be selling at 1.431 and 1.432

Good luck

Strong support at 1.4250..

Ridder..

With the data out.. What is your view on this...

Data shows the economy is improving and risk appetite is ON. And the which theme will it play into.. the one that says a recovering US economy is good for global growth and therefore risk appetite and higher yielders? that could pressure the greenback as it has been the currency of safe-haven, and with its low interest rate is actually a funding currency for carry trade.., or? will the fundamentals from the US actually help the greenback if investors believe the Fed will be first to raise rates..

the data was inconclusive either way. and i would recommend not trying to bet on who will be the first to raise rates. thats just gambling. the eur/usd is weak compared to us equities. that is the trend until it proves otherwise. maybe it breaks resistance at 1.4450 but i would still recommend going short that pair at good prices.

all the people crying about the dollar is gona fall bla bla seem to forget if the fed raise the rates AT ALL there will be a savage rally in the dollar. and i think they are going to!

the talking heads at my broker are saying there's a daily h&s forming in Euro and a break of the neckline sends Euro back to sub 1.37 .. they say it should happen in early September