Forex Day Trader's Thread

indeed... i stated few weeks ago.. gbp fall to 1.39

now we are curious.. because there will be no limit if people panic into the usd

well done, sounds like you guys did pretty well then!

So, where is cable going from here.... all the way down? Theres some news tomorrow in the form of BOE minutes, and the UK employment data which should help to stir the pot somewhat.

But a shortterm long scalp may be on the cards if the news isnt *that* bad.

What do you guys think? anyone going long...?

good luck to all
:)

I awoke to a giant heap of cash!!! KACHING!! all of my trades were hugely profitable.. The question is now.. Do we look to go long?

Excitement over Obama inauguration might cause equities to rally and currencies will follow.. We also have some oversoldness to deal with..

I'm predicting a jump after the inauguration followed by a sharp drop when people realize that Obama is just a man.. There will be no looking back after that point.. It will be JPY and USD .. not even the CHF will survive..

WELCOME AUSSIE BROTHER!

yep and currencies are correcting.. There couldn't be a better sell opportunity .. let them rally and then sell Cable!

I don't think the Dutch are Anglo-Saxons ;)

but I guess we're all brothers..

Also, it seems I was right.. short-lived Obama rally turned out to be a great sell.. up 80 pips on Cable..

I don't think the Dutch are Anglo-Saxons ;)

but I guess we're all brothers..

Also, it seems I was right.. short-lived Obama rally turned out to be a great sell.. up 80 pips on Cable..

i assume you consider me as your brother.

dow futures hit 8440 yesterday, which could be all of the short term bounce..

if everyone thinks market wil jump at moment obama speaks, market will slump

:clover:

We could have a small rally in equities tomorrow, however if the FTSE100 falls below 4060, could have a big sell off sparking of a flight to safety (USD, JPY). Sterling could rally on the back of a rally in the stock market but we do have Bank of England minutes tomorrow as well as unemployment numbers and public finances. All of which could prevent sterling from rallyin much, but the question is whether all this news has been priced in, I think it has. So there is likely to be a lack of direction on the GBP/USD for the rest of the week unless there are some surprising numbers tomorrow and on Friday (Q4 GDP numbers out).

Why aren't you in Forex Ridd.. Cotton will be there tomorrow.. Can't miss what we've been waiting for.