Forex Day Trader's Thread

been showing some weakness this today .. I'm underwater on Cable and hoping 1.46 resistance holds.. will throw in the towel at 1.473

hey tml is options expiration day for stock market right? i heard theres always like some big moves. will this affect forex in anyway?

Big moves in the stock market can always affect forex .. sometimes currency pairs will move in lockstep with the S&P500 .. other times they seem detached..

It looks like the USD is running out of steam.. We might be seeing a down trend reversal on Cable (and just about everything else) although Cable is seriously overbought on the hourlies..

neither am I .. don't know if we're starting an uptrend or if yesterday was a particularly large correction.. I'm still positive for the week and plan to stay that way ..

actually I can't resist .. short 2 lots USD/JPY 90.9 with an uncharacteristically tight stop..

what kind of leverage do you get on comex ridd?? I'm looking at crude oil as a long-term investment.. Do you think comex is easier than forex??

pip... commoditie futures is high leveraged..

i dont think it is easier..as forex, its the same difficulty.. though shorting commodities can be easy, at times when trend is hard down

Sure but crude oil is so juicy I'd love to snap it up.. Even if we do go into a depression it will someday rise far higher than $35 even if it takes years..

and that's the worst case scenario..

Investing in it would certainly be better than 2% interest on my savings account anyway.. I find most long-term investments boring and dangerous but crude is compelling.

yeah that's the low point I hear most economists say.. Also, I hear them saying $200 in 3 years.. It was $147 just last summer..

mite just be the week that sterling tanks. So much economic data to suggest it, CPI, Retail Price Index, Unemployment and Q4GDP. Also a very bearish sign yesterday when sterling/dollar rallied to 1.4980 but ended up closing at 1.4730ish.