Forex Day Trader's Thread

look at the 1hr chart on AUD/USD and you'll see an interesting pattern..

People are just waiting for the ECB decision.. nobody wants to make a big move until then..

i am back.. at the highway.. i still saw usd/cad higher..
almost 1.25

yeah we called it pip

I like Obama personally but hate the Democratic party passionately. However, my loyalty is to the USA and not any particular political party so I'm behind him in whatever he does. I'm a little afraid our enemies will try to test him and he will over-react with too much force.

USD/CAD has big upside potential on a close above 1.25 .. I lost nerve to short at 1.25 and I'm thinking about putting in an order to short with 2 lots around 1.2698 stop at 1.304 .. Let's face it, USD/CAD is a choppy nightmare.. It's almost incapable of moving forward 300 pips without coming back 200 pips

USD/CAD has big upside potential on a close above 1.25 .. I lost nerve to short at 1.25 and I'm thinking about putting in an order to short with 2 lots around 1.2698 stop at 1.304 .. Let's face it, USD/CAD is a choppy nightmare.. It's almost incapable of moving forward 300 pips without coming back 200 pips

I reckon USD/CAD can go to test the highs in the 1.30 region. Lets see what oil does for the rest of the week. Otherwise 1.27-1.28 looks like a gud place to short

What you guys think of USD/CHF, was just looking at the chart, looks to me like the pair is struggling to stay above the 1.12 region

I went with 2 lots long last night and it was an irritating ride to nowhere.. I'm short USD/JPY EUR/USD AUD/USD and Long USD/CAD

can't really tell what GBP wants to do so I'm out..

I went with 2 lots long last night and it was an irritating ride to nowhere.. I'm short USD/JPY EUR/USD AUD/USD and Long USD/CAD

can't really tell what GBP wants to do so I'm out..

I would be a bit more cautious on the short EUR/USD trade pippy, got big risk with the rate decision tomorrow, thats pretty much predictable but its more about the speach by trichet after, if he signals that they may keep rates unchanged at their next meeting, could see quite a big rally on the euro tomorrow. Remember you have producer prices and jobless claims coming out in the U.S tomorrow as well. And you have JP Morgan reporting tomorrow, could send the dow tanking and a flight to safety. So i think short USD/JPY and AUD/USD is a gud trade, just a bit unsure about the EUR/USD

Havin said that pip, EUR/USD has just rallied, mite actually be a gud level to short and on european market open, the euro is very likely to fall.

I'm expecting it to go down no matter what the ECB does.. There might be a spike higher first but it will go down.. I'm going to wait until I go to bed to see if I can sell a rally but will short no matter what..

sterling/dollar has no sense of direction at the moment. But I think there is going to be a sterling rally soon based on a fundamental view. However, charts suggesting another fall

Last edited:
:sleep: that's all that happened?? BOOOO

I wanted it to tank .. it hardly did anything.. trade is positive at least..